Quantcast

GT "NEW" Team Roster

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
I'm happy for Mick, but sad for Bryn.

I will be looking for forward to seeing Mick on the Fury. Is there any word on a hookup for Bryn yet?

It would have been good to see both guys on the same team, because I feel that neither of them are yet to fulfull their potential, and they might have been able to push each other. That and they're both Cairns boys!:thumb:

Last edited:

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
spoke to bryn the other day. so far nothing lined up for this season.

shocking! Bryn is still a top 10 WC guy when he's on. he had a bit of bad luck this past season... but still should be a top contender. i hope someone brightens up & gives him a ride!

What the hell, will Mick and EC still be riding the Boot'r and the rest of the goose line up?
guess not. it says in the PR that Mick will be riding the fury. so i'm guessing the same for EC

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
EC is back to WC circuit????!!!!
not planning on it...
Mega Avalanche,Downieville, Ashland 12mile DH type events will be my main focus this year with select events like US Open and Crankworx for fun.

also planning some cool road trips to hit cool ride spots and some of the GT dealers, we still haven't decided on the route's yet

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
not planning on it...
Mega Avalanche,Downieville, Ashland 12mile DH type events will be my main focus this year with select events like US Open and Crankworx for fun.

also planning some cool road trips to hit cool ride spots and some of the GT dealers, we still haven't decided on the route's yet
Good for you! :thumb:
youve been there for along time and sometimes change is good! Hope to see good things for you in the future!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I know GT said they used carbon on the Fury to gain strength rather than to save weight, but putting Hannah on one? That'll prove the whole strength aspect that's for sure.

It's gonna be a good year for Mick.

Jonnyc

Chimp
Oct 20, 2005
spoke to bryn the other day. so far nothing lined up for this season.

shocking! Bryn is still a top 10 WC guy when he's on. he had a bit of bad luck this past season... but still should be a top contender. i hope someone brightens up & gives him a ride!

there's always ODI Southridge!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
oh man, i had that exact same setup, right down to the shoes. none of it lasted verry long: jesey cut cut off me by the medics, shoes craked in half, and the lobo's bushings (no bearnings yet) wore out in one mudy ride. i remember shimming them with beer cans in my dorm room freshman year to keep the back end from moving side-to-side more than it moved up and down.

ahh, the good old days

*however, those may have been the most bomb-proof pedals ever made

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
oh man, i had that exact same setup, right down to the shoes. none of it lasted verry long: jesey cut cut off me by the medics, shoes craked in half, and the lobo's bushings (no bearnings yet) wore out in one mudy ride. i remember shimming them with beer cans in my dorm room freshman year to keep the back end from moving side-to-side more than it moved up and down.

ahh, the good old days

*however, those may have been the most bomb-proof pedals ever made
I've got at last 6 sets of those. I used to buy them off kids at the bikeshop. Give them a "new" set of 646's and some cash. Suckers.

Send-it

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Santa Monica
In a day and age when companies are looking for ways to save money while still putting out a quality product why not combine the efforts of GT and Mongoose from a management stand point all the way down to R&D. It would primarily be a business decision, but the benefit (Re: cost and product quality) could be passed down to the consumer. They're already very intertwined... at the top of it all they are owned by the same company and at the base they essentially use the same suspension design. Maybe that's the next step... I selfishly hope the Tribe isn't negatively effected by this.

Last edited: