Quantcast

>>@GTFO Friderp GMT@<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And its a plan. We're riding a forest tomorrow that is littered with rocks and leaves. And its supposed to rain. This should be fun. The place is notorious for its foot and derailleur busting baby head rocks that hide in the grass on the sides of the single track.

A sample....

This is at the end of a sweet downhill section; this is looking back up. Plow is the name of the game.

Rest of the forest looks like this...

I shall be heading up early to stash some mid-ride beers and snacks at the top of a trail called the Red Death. I assume its named after the coral embedded rocks and some sort of ancient algae bloom or something, and not someone dying a bloody death. :clue:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked to another contractor today. This was a referral from the VP of Construction from Wifey's company. Phone conversation, so back of envelope estimate on sq ft of deck, stairs, wanted materials, etc, but around $50k. Two of three received estimates are at ~$50k now. I'm thinking the $30k is a wild outlier. Still waiting to hear back on the two others that came out last weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Talked to another contractor today. This was a referral from the VP of Construction from Wifey's company. Phone conversation, so back of envelope estimate on sq ft of deck, stairs, wanted materials, etc, but around $50k. Two of three received estimates are at ~$50k now. I'm thinking the $30k is a wild outlier. Still waiting to hear back on the two others that came out last weekend.
have you considered not having a deck?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And its a plan. We're riding a forest tomorrow that is littered with rocks and leaves. And its supposed to rain. This should be fun. The place is notorious for its foot and derailleur busting baby head rocks that hide in the grass on the sides of the single track.

A sample....

This is at the end of a sweet downhill section; this is looking back up. Plow is the name of the game.

I shall be heading up early to stash some mid-ride beers and snacks at the top of a trail called the Red Death. I assume its named after the coral embedded rocks and some sort of ancient algae bloom or something, and not someone dying a bloody death. :clue:
or the venture bros character

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
hi.

had back surgery in july. paid cash cause, no insurance. back is still nowhere near 100%. have a physical labor job. work hours don't line up with any other humans that'd i'd want to hang out with. my cat is my only friend. the only physical thing I can do is walk. can't pedal. can't skateboard. i don't pay attention to the outside weather anymore cause.. it doesn't matter. meh.

so.effing.bored.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
hi.

had back surgery in july. paid cash cause, no insurance. back is still nowhere near 100%. have a physical labor job. work hours don't line up with any other humans that'd i'd want to hang out with. my cat is my only friend. the only physical thing I can do is walk. can't pedal. can't skateboard. i don't pay attention to the outside weather anymore cause.. it doesn't matter. meh.

so.effing.bored.
Ever built a deck before? Asking for a friend.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wifi is shitty and slow on my plane, I'd like to lodge a complaint.

After 90 minutes my office inbox still hasn't managed to sync up.
"Non-essential furnishing"
Category D. This category item must be repaired within 120 consecutive calendar-days (2880 hours), excluding the day the malfunction was recorded in the aircraft maintenance log and/or record.
FAA DNGAF, therefore neither do I. Harden up Nancy.

:D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That sounds like a tremendous financial burden.

If the situation gets dire, I know how you can make a quick $20....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So you wanna be a rock super-star, live large, big house, 5 cars? It's gon' COST you.

You know what would help?

Moar kids.

:homer:

stayed up too late again, but i did get the ghost shifting addressed on my XC bike courtesy of a longer piece of cable housing. new troegs is tasty.
What is new Troegs?

Mornin!

Today I wake up grandfatherless. Dad’s dad passed away yesterday at the ripe old age of 92. Dad seems to be taking it okay, though he’s not an outwardly emotional guy (Apple didn’t fall far from the tree) and his relationship with his parents was always complicated.

And life goes on...
Sorry...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
FA7CC6F0-C15B-44F8-ABB7-66B6A2D32115.jpeg
You know your office is in a shitty neighbourhood when you leave your car overnight and there is a space where your catalytic converter used to be

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

A sample....

Looks like the Pisgah