Quantcast

Guess what this is

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Industry nine come in red,black and silver standard colors.
Any others are extra.
The engage ment in the hubs are 132 if Im not correct,and as stated they build one of the strongest,stiffest and lightest wheels around.
And dude welcome to the club

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
maxyedor said:
Nope, but Hadley does, and my local shop has spokes to fit a Hadley (far better than King anyway IMHO) in-stock. As for them having more engagement points than King/Hadley, care to put a number on that claim? I beleive Hadley makes a 124 point hub, and had always heard that King makes the I9 hubs in the first place.
I don't even know where to start. Numbers? Ok, how about 36 (standard for Hadley) vs. 120 for I9?
siting:
http://www.go-ride.com/prod_hubs.html#Anchor-HADLEY-33993
http://www.industrynine.net/

You heard King makes I9 stuff? Well I heard I9 makes king stuff. I9 makes their own parts including the spokes, in house.

You spew bad numbers and rumors...:stosh:

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Mah, ive seen too many of them blow up. The hub noise and colors is the only cool thing about them.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The main issue witht he I9 stuff is the damn rims. Being smooth is one thing, having to walk your bike over a pimple on the trail cause the rims will dent is another.

I built mine up with 721's, and haven't had a single issue. They engage quickly, and have stayed fairly tight. They needed a littel tweak, but now they are fine.

I have yet to hear about an issue with the hubs or spokes. I have only heard about the rims, and really, what kind of a surprise is that?

I wouldn't call them a waste of money, unless you get them with the DT Rims. Those are ass. Get them with a nice solid rim, and you've got a light as hell wheelset that can take a beating.

John at I9 is also one hell of a guy to deal with. He had my wheels to me OVERNIGHT, and I am in Canada. He was ridiculously helpful and honest with every question, and was fully accomodating with my 10 000 questions. I'd buy another set of I9's before considering any other high end wheel really, knowing how good the company was backing it and all.

crazymtbkid

Chimp
Nov 11, 2005
dropmachine.com said:
The main issue witht he I9 stuff is the damn rims. Being smooth is one thing, having to walk your bike over a pimple on the trail cause the rims will dent is another.

I built mine up with 721's, and haven't had a single issue. They engage quickly, and have stayed fairly tight. They needed a littel tweak, but now they are fine.

I have yet to hear about an issue with the hubs or spokes. I have only heard about the rims, and really, what kind of a surprise is that?

I wouldn't call them a waste of money, unless you get them with the DT Rims. Those are ass. Get them with a nice solid rim, and you've got a light as hell wheelset that can take a beating.

John at I9 is also one hell of a guy to deal with. He had my wheels to me OVERNIGHT, and I am in Canada. He was ridiculously helpful and honest with every question, and was fully accomodating with my 10 000 questions. I'd buy another set of I9's before considering any other high end wheel really, knowing how good the company was backing it and all.
how loud are they in comparison to say a hadley, and can they be trued by any shop or do they have to be sent back to be trued like spynergy's

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
You can true them at home easily. THey aren't very loud, which kind of dissapointed me, but they make a very unique buzz.

BTW, you can true spinergies at home too. I do it with mine.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
One thing I think you guys might be missing is the fact that DH and freeride wheels are supposed to give/flex a little, The wheel if built correctly is supposed to act as minor suspension and deflect off obstacles. The reason why most peoples rims dent is more due to how stiff i.e. the tension of the spokes is than it is to rim material. Being that I9 wheels use aluminum spokes which dont flex much at all seems like a good idea for XC and dual/mtx but for DH and such they will be hell on rims....they do look damn good however.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
drt_jumper said:
One thing I think you guys might be missing is the fact that DH and freeride wheels are supposed to give/flex a little, The wheel if built correctly is supposed to act as minor suspension and deflect off obstacles. The reason why most peoples rims dent is more due to how stiff i.e. the tension of the spokes is than it is to rim material. Being that I9 wheels use aluminum spokes which dont flex much at all seems like a good idea for XC and dual/mtx but for DH and such they will be hell on rims....they do look damn good however.
Personally I like stiff wheels and let my suspension deal with obstacles. And in my experience dents happen with soft rims regardless of tension.