Quantcast

Guns on the trail?!?

Fire Rider

Chimp
Sep 15, 2004
Kent "Upper E. side"
Ok, If you think Washington trails are so unsafe that you need to carry a gun at least take some safty courses. Please!
Today we went to ????? ???????? for a mid-day ride. Right at the trail head we heard a gun go off. It was right inside the timber line. After a while we went to check and nothing. The person(MTBer) packing took off down the trail, the way we needed to go. They were probably too embarrassed that their gun went off(accidentally I hope) and hauled butt down the trail.
Be careful you guys and gals.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
during most visits to 38, there were always people shooting. kinda the norm there i suppose.

the other day we saw 2 guys walking up towards the bottom of the trail at 27 with two riffles...we spoke with them about shooting and they were less than interested about safety...they had their beer, their targets, and more than enough ammo to last a full weekend.

another biker coming out caught up with us by the car and told us he saw some guys carrying guns in and after getting attitude from them, he called the cops. he said he saw some guys shooting at 38 one day and set a small brush on fire. thats the last thing we need :/

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
The entrance to Snakonia on Lookout Mt. goes right behind a shooting range. Just gotta time it so the range is closed and no one will get shot/killed/wounded

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
yea people shooting at 38 is the norm. last summer i was filming there and like 20 feet away through the brush a whole group of guys were firing off all kinds of guns rifles and homemade weapons. i just kept quiet and still and hoped they wouldnt think i was a dear