Quantcast

Gyro Set-ups

Gibby403

Chimp
Aug 27, 2011
I was just wondering if I could see some Gyro Set-up pics, of how people are setting them up with two cable
on the upper and lower. I know snafu makes some dual cables just wanted to see some set-up pics.

Thanks everyone.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
khe/affix has this weird internal gyro setup they're working on. apparently the huge slot in the headtube is just a rough prototype. I believe khe spoke about it in one of their interbike videos.

Attachments

Gibby403

Chimp
Aug 27, 2011
That looks cool, But are they pics out there of peoples Gyro Setups. I would like to see something on that
London Mod, or how they are running these two cable systems.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I ran a gyro since day one. (ACS rotor before that)

I suggest going with a Dragonfly upper cable if you can find one and just a simple/normal lower cable. LUBE them well.

What frame are you using? Some frames have dual cable guides, which allow for dual lowers. If not, you need to bolt on the 'london mod' piece which basicly is two cable stops.

I have no pics....

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Affix has some cool ideas, but the clamping mechanism on their stems is terrible. Gouged the hell out of my steerer tube.
That's because its a seat clamp! I guess it doesn't 'affix' stems to forks very well

NoBrakes23

Chimp
Sep 22, 2011
SoCal
After doing some googling of my own I discovered that my Primo Pervert is "Obsolete" and that all the cool kids are running dual uppers if they bother to run brakes at all.