Quantcast

Hackerz pwn Epilepsy Patients

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Internet griefers descended on an epilepsy support message board last weekend and used JavaScript code and flashing computer animation to trigger migraine headaches and seizures in some users.

The nonprofit Epilepsy Foundation, which runs the forum, briefly closed the site Sunday to purge the offending messages and to boost security.

"We are seeing people affected," says Ken Lowenberg, senior director of web and print publishing at the Epilepsy Foundation. "It's fortunately only a handful. It's possible that people are just not reporting yet -- people affected by it may not be coming back to the forum so fast."

The incident, possibly the first computer attack to inflict physical harm on the victims, began Saturday, March 22, when attackers used a script to post hundreds of messages embedded with flashing animated gifs.
Clicky

What a bunch of a$$holes!

the_saint

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
Omaha
Wow, just wow.

Meanwhile, somewhere there's a group of 12 year olds laughing their butts off...and begging for an a$$whooping.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Wow, just wow.

Meanwhile, somewhere there's a group of 12 year olds laughing their butts off...and begging for an a$$whooping.
The part about that, that really sucks, is if it is indeed a bunch of kids who were just having fun, Then they really dont realize how much harm this could have been......I sure hope they catch the bastards that did this. Really messed up

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
While the idea is funny, the act is a Federal Felony... knowingly creating a situation to have adverse affect on a group of people, some of whom might've needed hospitalization and if anyone died, well, the FBI will be banging down doors.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Sad. Like graffitti artist, a shame to see misguided talent.

Kids, meh. Whatever to pulling wings off flies and burning ants with magnifying glasses for destructive fun?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I am having trouble seeing how any "hackers" were involved anywhere.

The mass media is utterly retarded. It was more than likely some bored 13 year olds in their parents basement joining the forum and posting flash images. Yeah!

Some hacking job.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Confused Pete is the spokesperson for the epileptic, autistic, caustic cockbrosis society of America. Mostly composed of Rick Rockett drum solos, his press releases do manage to touch on all the themes Confused Pete is close to, i.e dribble reduction therapy, more effective hammering of **** and beating nurses around the face and neck with his engorgred member.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Confused Pete is the spokesperson for the epileptic, autistic, caustic cockbrosis society of America. Mostly composed of Rick Rockett drum solos, his press releases do manage to touch on all the themes Confused Pete is close to, i.e dribble reduction therapy, more effective hammering of **** and beating nurses around the face and neck with his engorgred member.

...even stranger....

Been drinking?