Quantcast

Hadley Hub Conversion?

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Hey all,

Can a 135x10mm hadley hub be converted to a 12mm with parts from another hub? I was thinking of buying a used DHR that comes with a 135x12mm, but it is 36 hole. I have a 135x10 through axle hub already laced up & wanted to just switch internals. can it be done?

Bueller??

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Hold on just a second. Is the hub on the DHR a Hadley too? If so there is a good chance the end caps can be swapped. It would depend on the vintage of the hubs.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
If they are both 'SDH' marked hubs, everything should be compatible back and forth (the 10mm to 12mm convo is just end caps).

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Hold on just a second. Is the hub on the DHR a Hadley too? If so there is a good chance the end caps can be swapped. It would depend on the vintage of the hubs.
Both are Hadleys, both 3 years old or newer. I think I'll hold on ordering until both hubs are in hand :biggrin:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The end caps are pretty interchangeable. Ones from different generations may not fit though. I have at least 4 hubs, some swap, some don't.

Is the 135 x 10 a thru axle or a QR. If it's a thru axle, I'd put money on ti that the end caps will swap.

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
The end caps are pretty interchangeable. Ones from different generations may not fit though. I have at least 4 hubs, some swap, some don't.

Is the 135 x 10 a thru axle or a QR. If it's a thru axle, I'd put money on ti that the end caps will swap.

Yep, it's a 10mm through axle. Should be good to go, we'll see!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I've converted a QR hadley to a thru axle... I had to swap more than just the end caps tho.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
If you need the end caps to make a 10mm into a 12mm let me know. I have a set just sitting on my work bench that I'll send out for the cost of shipping.