Quantcast

Happy Caterday, You Milfy Monkeys

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went OTB (2x) while riding in Boise. One of the times bike was tossed into some rocks and my bars got hammered.

Luckily Bikes and Bean had a set of the bars I would have ordered anyway. Stayed up last night installing bars. Went from 38mm rise to 50mm. Ended up cutting 20mm off my steerer tube last night and shit appears dialed now.

Bikes and Bean in Boise Idaho had the clutch kit for my derailleur. Andrew put it in, straightened my hanger and tuned up my shifts. We replaced the barrel adjuster for my dropper remote because I broke it in half. They fixed my bike in under 24 hours and I am grateful for that.

For cash spent, 5% comes back in the form of free coffee.

Just in case anyone wanted to know...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bike acquired. It's basically new. We effectively stole it. Wifey really likes it and says she feels comfortable on it already. Fuck yeah!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Damn. That’s excellent. I have mine priced way too high, probably, but full FOX factory suspension with Luftkappe, brand new XT/SLX, (cassette, XT four pot brakes and levers, XT shifter, SLX derailluer) brand new wheels, rotors, handlebar, saddle, stem, X2, Carbon Crankset, Absolute Black 28t chainring, etc…not sure how to price mine.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damn. That’s excellent. I have mine priced way too high, probably, but full FOX factory suspension with Luftkappe, brand new XT/SLX, (cassette, XT four pot brakes and levers, XT shifter, SLX derailluer) brand new wheels, rotors, handlebar, saddle, stem, X2, Carbon Crankset, Absolute Black 28t chainring, etc…not sure how to price mine.
We stole this.
IMG_20220409_162232_01.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Sounds expensive…

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’m gonna ask $5800 and see what happens. I definitely had my fun on it.
Curiously, I think it actually looks crappier with the pro-installed ride-wrap after two seasons.
Yeah those things are useful but they do tend to look s bit rubbish after a while.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
had the most amazing experience cutting the cable today. Been thinking about it for a while, but they don't make it easy to do online. Called them up, zero hold time, told them I saw that they were offering gigabit internet to new customers for 90 and I wanted that. Went through the whole thing, after all the discounts I'm at $55 for gigabit internet with the router and extender. I leave behind $212 worth of TV, phone, and internet. Can't believe we waited this long, verizon fios ftw.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
had the most amazing experience cutting the cable today. Been thinking about it for a while, but they don't make it easy to do online. Called them up, zero hold time, told them I saw that they were offering gigabit internet to new customers for 90 and I wanted that. Went through the whole thing, after all the discounts I'm at $55 for gigabit internet with the router and extender. I leave behind $212 worth of TV, phone, and internet. Can't believe we waited this long, verizon fios ftw.
We cut the cable years ago. The best thing I've done tv wise since then is a Roku Ultra.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
We cut the cable years ago. The best thing I've done tv wise since then is a Roku Ultra.
we're figuring out what to do. Already have netflix and prime, probably signing up for hbo max and hulu. Possibly paramount+. The kids usually stick to netflix, but honestly regular cable just wasn't doing it. For the $170/mo saving, I've got a huge new crack budget.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey does your roku include anything free? Any subs or anything? We have a smart tv but want to maintain programming for the kids

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley raced adults this morning. She had two ripper fast Jr sessions and wanted to squeeze one more in. 11 person session and she lapped the field; 1.5sec fastest lap faster than the next closest person. Only 1sec off her best time and she never had a clear track - min 3 passes per lap.

She's getting her braking and turn-in points for the adult karts down. There was way less chatter than usual, which is an issue because of her weight. She also intentionally tap-passed someone going into a corner, which is never seen her do. Also under-passed someone on the front corners and forced him into the wall (or brake). He blocked the fast line (while going slower) so she cut under, placed her exit line, which would be faster, and never yielded it. She just ran the apex and he ran out of space. It was wild to watch, since I'm normally on track with her.

I think I'm going to drop her into an adult race every week...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey does your roku include anything free? Any subs or anything? We have a smart tv but want to maintain programming for the kids
There's some free stuff, but we still have all the subscriptions you listed. Pbs kids is a good free one. The thing about the Roku is that it's just easy to use and puts all your streaming apps in one place. And I mean easy enough that both my kids and my parents were able to figure out how to use it.

Edit: there is more free stuff but not subscriptions. More ad supported channels but not local. But with the subscriptions we have we don't use them other than pbs kids

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you aren't super concerned about price, the NVIDA Shield is pretty cool but their game controllers are crap so you are better off using a PS or X-Box controller.
NVIDIA seem to listen to customers and provide useful updates which is not something I am used to.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So apex laps next weekend then?
With Wifey? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Tomorrow will be me running around with Hannah, no pedals on her bike learning to use the handbrakes, and Wifey relearning how to ride a bike after last summer's crash.