Quantcast

~~~Happy Humpday Morning!!!~~~ (official)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Um... so how was everybody's weekend? :)

Sorry guys! Monday I was out field measuring all day and then yesterday they closed the office and I don't have internet access at home!!! :)

So I went down to see The Gates in Central Park on Sunday. We had a great time, then we went and ate in Little Italy. I forgot to bring pics but I'll try to remember to bring them tomorrow.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo Stoshy! Opeth beat you to the GMT today. Binary visions and MgCCmMgc did an excellent job filling in for you the past two days.

Not much going on here. I hit the gym the last two days and have a hockey game tonight. It's our last regular season game, then playoffs start Saturday.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
closing the office - what a bunch of wusses...

Thank god for snowblowers - did the driveway 4 times in the last 24 hours, every time the snow was at least a foot deep. Deepest snow was about 22". Broke both sheer pins last night.

Tried to ride through the snow a bit last night before I cleared the driveway - that was a treat. Snow was generally hub deep, but in places it was deeper than my wheels. Needless to say, I didn't make it very far. All I could do was guess at where the driveway was...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
you're too late. already spent my GMT post.
I'm not to late for my usual post. Plus you posted in the Good Humpday Morning everybody know's it's not "good" it's "happy"!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
closing the office - what a bunch of wusses...

Thank god for snowblowers - did the driveway 4 times in the last 24 hours, every time the snow was at least a foot deep. Deepest snow was about 22". Broke both sheer pins last night.

Tried to ride through the snow a bit last night before I cleared the driveway - that was a treat. Snow was generally hub deep, but in places it was deeper than my wheels. Needless to say, I didn't make it very far. All I could do was guess at where the driveway was...
wow, thats a lot of snow!! We only got about 10-12"

Who's ready for SPRING?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Its about time! Mornin stosh :)

Surprisingly I have a delay for my school district. Not sure why.

Morning good to see ya! Do you think it's because of snow?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
I'm not to late for my usual post. Plus you posted in the Good Humpday Morning everybody know's it's not "good" it's "happy"!!
Well, in that case...

We got around 16" of snow in Glens Falls. Snow blowed twice yesterday. Played outside for about 4 hours with my daughter and the neighbor's kids. I made a huge pile in the yard and the kids were jumping out of a tree into it. About a 5' drop, but pretty gnar for 3 year olds. They're xxxtreme!! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yo Stoshy! Opeth beat you to the GMT today. Binary visions and MgCCmMgc did an excellent job filling in for you the past two days.

Not much going on here. I hit the gym the last two days and have a hockey game tonight. It's our last regular season game, then playoffs start Saturday.
Ha you called him Opeth!! Now thats funny!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Well, in that case...

We got around 16" of snow in Glens Falls. Snow blowed twice yesterday. Played outside for about 4 hours with my daughter and the neighbor's kids. I made a huge pile in the yard and the kids were jumping out of a tree into it. About a 5' drop, but pretty gnar for 3 year olds. They're xxxtreme!! :D
I was tempted to go sleding yesterday. Actually I should have gone snowboarding....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - welcome back.

Had fun at Liam's hockey practice last night - it was a fun lighthearted practice since the state tourney is over and they have a weekend off this weekend before hitting the ice again to get ready for their end of the season tourney in Enfield in two weeks.

Rode around a bit on the Single Speed and Hollowpoint last night and watched a special on CPTV about last year's UConn Huskies Men's bball team.

Very windy out this morning.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
wow, thats a lot of snow!! We only got about 10-12"
We probably only got 16-18", but because of the way the snow drifts where I live, I always end up clearing about 4x the total snowfall amount from the driveway. I'll probably have do clear the driveway again after work of another foot or so of snow, but after that I probably won't have to do it again until the next storm.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Thank god you are back Stosh... I was gonna have to recycle a 'classic' GMT from the past today because the others were so lame...

Cool here... 50's - 60's mostly... cloudy and rainy

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, and if he changes his name back to Opeth, I'll start calling him Rip again. He's created a no-win situation for himself. :D
Ha, thats what I figured you were doing!! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Thank god you are back Stosh... I was gonna have to recycle a 'classic' GMT from the past today because the others were so lame...

Cool here... 50's - 60's mostly... cloudy and rainy
what makes a GMT a "classic"?

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Mornin'

I'm super tired right now, and have to head to work. I wish I could sleep.

Found out I'll be going to Miami on a course for three days, but I don't fly home for a few days after the course, so I'm making it into a little mini-vacation. A few weeks later I head to Denver for a 2 day course.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
lockemiester said:
Mornin'

I'm super tired right now, and have to head to work. I wish I could sleep.

Found out I'll be going to Miami on a course for three days, but I don't fly home for a few days after the course, so I'm making it into a little mini-vacation. A few weeks later I head to Denver for a 2 day course.
wow thats awesome! Must be a weather change from up where you live now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
:eek: really!! thats cool

I plan to do the darkhorse this year
You can race it in teams of 2 each person does 20 miles. That would be great if you raced it. It's a killer 40mile race

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
stosh said:
Morning good to see ya! Do you think it's because of snow?
Psh, there's maybe a 'trace' amount on the ground.... :think: why we have the delay is beyond me. I mean, the highs are in the 50s and have been for the last week or so.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
There's been talk about myself and one of the guys on my Dalton team doing the Darkhorse as well.
I'll talk to George at Darkhorse but make sure you get your registration in because I have a feeling it's going to max out quick.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
re: darkhorse

that would be damn cool, if a bunch of :monkey: showed up!! :thumb:

and yup, I'd be doing it solo
Do you remember seeing some of the course the last tiem you rode MTA?

Anyway they have a BBQ after and during the race the hang prizes from the trees and stuff so you can stop and pick them up.

If you guys want you can come down the day before to pre-ride and camp/stay at my house.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
I'm thinking about it too. Keep in mind I have committed to nothing but Dalton at this point.

I'm thinking about it too Babs - but I'm in the same boat as you - so far I'm pretty much only committed to Dalton and I think the two Winding Trails Root 66 races.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Psh, there's maybe a 'trace' amount on the ground.... :think: why we have the delay is beyond me. I mean, the highs are in the 50s and have been for the last week or so.

gottcha!!! Hey ya shouldn't complain about a delay.