Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Started construction of my computer last night. It went together quite well. I can't do a damn thing to it till the heat sink gets here. I powered the focker up for 30sec's yesterday just to see if all the fans were connected right and the processor was already hot.

Anyway what's everybody else up to today?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Instigator said:
Cooking some food, sleeping and sleeping. That about covers it for me :(
I need a day to just sleep in, I burn the candle at both ends on the weekends so I have minimal time to sleep in usually...

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Try working 10pm till 7am for a few years. I should have all the time in the world to sleep, but something is always happening during the day. Ask any of the jackalopes about my sleep habits :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Instigator said:
Try working 10pm till 7am for a few years. I should have all the time in the world to sleep, but something is always happening during the day. Ask any of the jackalopes about my sleep habits :dead:
Yeah I hear ya man! I couldn't do it! I know how it is my phone would be ringing.... I'd need a room in a basement with no windows...

you're a machinest right?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for today... trying to stay dry, that's about it. Still no riding because of all the freakin rain. I'm looking for a good deal on a Manitou Skareb... but that's the closest to riding I'm going to get anytime soon. I'll probably try to watch some of the redsox game tonight.

Satruday Cannondale is having a big demo/test ride day thing about 30 miles from me... if the weather is decent I might go check it out.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Instigator said:
I've wondered about that more than once... the work hours you put in plus the "day" rides you do... I don't know how you don't fall alseep on your feet.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
stosh said:
Yeah I hear ya man! I couldn't do it! I know how it is my phone would be ringing.... I'd need a room in a basement with no windows...

you're a machinest right?
I do some machining, but most of the time I work on zinc die-cast molds. I fix what is busted or worn out. Also I support all the people in the die-cast department on 3rd shift.

I have blankets covering up my windows so my room is pretty dark. I turn my phone off when I sleep, I don't let any schmucks wake me up.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for today... trying to stay dry, that's about it. Still no riding because of all the freakin rain. I'm looking for a good deal on a Manitou Skareb... but that's the closest to riding I'm going to get anytime soon. I'll probably try to watch some of the redsox game tonight.

Satruday Cannondale is having a big demo/test ride day thing about 30 miles from me... if the weather is decent I might go check it out.
where is the test ride?

Oh... I need to see about getting my Bomber fixed this winter..... thats right. I better get on that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Instigator said:
I do some machining, but most of the time I work on zinc die-cast molds. I fix what is busted or worn out. Also I support all the people in the die-cast department on 3rd shift.

I have blankets covering up my windows so my room is pretty dark. I turn my phone off when I sleep, I don't let any schmucks wake me up.
Zink die cast.... is the zink a coating?

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
jacksonpt said:
I've wondered about that more than once... the work hours you put in plus the "day" rides you do... I don't know how you don't fall alseep on your feet.
I do!!!

It wouldn't be a problem if I had any dicipline, but I don't so walking zombie I am. Fridays tend to be the worst for me. After maybe 5 hrs of sleep thursday night, I get up around 9pm shower and off to work. Get out at 7am and stay up all day. usually I end up passing out around midnight friday night.

my average sleep during the week is 5 hours a day, nice weekends 7-8 hrs a night and crappy weekends 10+ hrs :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Instigator said:
nope, Hot ass tub of zinc, plunger pushes it into a nozzle body that fires it into an injection mold. depending on how many cavities the mold has it usually makes a part every 3 seconds or so.

websight for company I work for

we used to do injection molding in the one place I worked. Pretty neat stuff...

Ohhhhhhhhh 3D cad models...... you got some nice stuff there...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
You figure out which frame you're gonna use?
Probably the mongoose... It's already a complete bike, so I could put the fox on it, perhaps a skareb up front and have a pretty decent XC bike. Maybe swap out some of the heavier parts for lighter stuff and be in good shape.

I'm toying with the idea of having new swing links (or whatever those links are that IH replaced) made up to keep some of the travel. Stock is 4.5" where the brace hits the seat tube... the secondary mount gives 3". I wonder if 4" would be possible. I might drill a new hole in the links for a 3rd shock mount position and see if I can get something in between.

I had been thinking about using the IH frame, but the sucker is heavy... just over 7lbs without the shock. My 575 weighs 6.5lbs WITH the shock.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello. Man I am glad to be back from Florida. There are SO MANY OLD PEOPLE there, I just couldn't take it anymore. :dead:
ha, thats funny!
Where were ya and what were ya doing?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Probably the mongoose... It's already a complete bike, so I could put the fox on it, perhaps a skareb up front and have a pretty decent XC bike. Maybe swap out some of the heavier parts for lighter stuff and be in good shape.

I'm toying with the idea of having new swing links (or whatever those links are that IH replaced) made up to keep some of the travel. Stock is 4.5" where the brace hits the seat tube... the secondary mount gives 3". I wonder if 4" would be possible. I might drill a new hole in the links for a 3rd shock mount position and see if I can get something in between.

I had been thinking about using the IH frame, but the sucker is heavy... just over 7lbs without the shock. My 575 weighs 6.5lbs WITH the shock.
ha... thats cool man!
Wow 7lbs... never realised it.

Good luck with everything, you should get the old frame a new paint job.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
ha, thats funny!
Where were ya and what were ya doing?
We flew down with MBC's grandparents to help them get settled in for the winter. The live down there during the winter. We helped them unpack and do grocery shopping and sh!t. They are 87 and 97 years old, so they could use the extra help. They live in Coconut Creek, which is near Ft Lauderdale. Old people everywhere, man.

Yeah Instigator, 85 degrees and humid as hell. I got some sunburn hanging by the pool. :)

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I Are Baboon said:
We flew down with MBC's grandparents to help them get settled in for the winter. The live down there during the winter. We helped them unpack and do grocery shopping and sh!t. They are 87 and 97 years old, so they could use the extra help. They live in Coconut Creek, which is near outside Ft Lauderdale. Old people everywhere, man.

Yeah Instigator, 85 degrees and humid as hell. I got some sunburn hanging by the pool. :)

87 and 97, wow they have been around for a while. Good for them and a gold star for you and MBC for helping out.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Good luck with everything, you should get the old frame a new paint job.
which... the mongoose or the HP? I'n a perfect world, I want to repaint the Mongoose over the winter, get a skareb for it, then hit the buy/sell forum for some decent/light/cheap parts to drop some weight and end up with a decent XC oriented bike. Then use the buy/sell board to get whatever other parts I need to build up the HP frame into something solid and rideable and sell it to my cousin (or, if I'm feeling really generous, give it to him for Christmas).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
We flew down with MBC's grandparents to help them get settled in for the winter. The live down there during the winter. We helped them unpack and do grocery shopping and sh!t. They are 87 and 97 years old, so they could use the extra help. They live in Coconut Creek, which is near Ft Lauderdale. Old people everywhere, man.

ha, were you hanging out with all the old ladies in bikinis by the pool?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hmm...didn't do much last night except get my blood pressure raised by our favorite sons.

did some photo editing of some recent shots of our kids at the playground. here's a couple:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
which... the mongoose or the HP? I'n a perfect world, I want to repaint the Mongoose over the winter, get a skareb for it, then hit the buy/sell forum for some decent/light/cheap parts to drop some weight and end up with a decent XC oriented bike. Then use the buy/sell board to get whatever other parts I need to build up the HP frame into something solid and rideable and sell it to my cousin (or, if I'm feeling really generous, give it to him for Christmas).

yeah the mongoose
I built my Trek up with a lot of B/S forum parts.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
hmm...didn't do much last night except get my blood pressure raised by our favorite sons.

did some photo editing of some recent shots of our kids at the playground. here's a couple:

NOOB!!!

Sons?

J

JRB

Good morning yo. Gonna work on reports some more so's I don't get fired. Gonna ride tonight.

J

JRB

stosh said:
we used to do injection molding in the one place I worked. Pretty neat stuff...

Ohhhhhhhhh 3D cad models...... you got some nice stuff there...
We do injection molding for chair shells. I don't know much about it. I want to hang some stuff on the powder line though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

Welcome back MBC and IAB

Holy ALCS!!! Go Sox!!

I'm losing my voice - between coaching soccer and hockey and the games, my voice is fried.

Here's hoping the Sox can prevail tonight!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
didn't i tag them correctly? they showed up for me so far. that's what i get for doing "quick reply".

aye, that's otis, our youngest son. miles wasn't feeling too well so just kinda hung around mom most of the time that day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning!

Welcome back MBC and IAB

Holy ALCS!!! Go Sox!!

I'm losing my voice - between coaching soccer and hockey and the games, my voice is fried.

Here's hoping the Sox can prevail tonight!!!
So how are things with the chickie?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
oh, duh... forgot to mention - my job interview is tomorrow. Not really nervous... but a bit anxious.
awesome man!!! Good luck! Description of new position?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
didn't i tag them correctly? they showed up for me so far. that's what i get for doing "quick reply".

aye, that's otis, our youngest son. miles wasn't feeling too well so just kinda hung around mom most of the time that day.

maybe it's Ofoto?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
yeah the mongoose
I'm thinking like a metallic rust color... but I want to keep it cheap and easy. At some point in time I'll head over to the local hobby shop and see what they have. Otherwise it's Rustoleum all the way.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Crappy day here...rainy looking at cold!!!

Had rehearsal last night until late so I am :dead: this morning. Tonight me thinks we're getting dinner out with beers of course) and we're going to see a movie :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! Crappy day here...rainy looking at cold!!!

Had rehearsal last night until late so I am :dead: this morning. Tonight me thinks we're getting dinner out with beers of course) and we're going to see a movie :D
I must have the record for name in most people's sigs....

J

JRB

stosh said:
I must have the record for name in most people's sigs....

I don't know, the Loco is a piece of owned crap seems to get a lot of play. :nopity: