Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'll be working with a few of my classmates tonight on a final project for my community planning class. Should be interesting!!

Other than that nothing much else to report besides the fact that it's beautiful out!!! :)

Have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey yo! Holy crap am I exhausted this morning. :dead: I rode 35 miles on the road yesterday and it was a HARD 35 miles. Lots of long hills to climb. Not exactly what I wanted for my first ride of the season. I just looked at a road map and planned the route. I didn't expect a hell ride. Took me 2.5 hours to ride 35 miles.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Got my gear in my truck and my bike is sitting right here next to me. As long as my wife doesn't go into labor today, I'll be riding after work today. woohoo!!!

Ordered a few things last week from universal cycles... well, they finally got around to shipping them today. According to UPS, date of delivery is april 12. jesus god man... they must be walking them here. Oh well... such is the price one pays when ordering online.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hey yo! Holy crap am I exhausted this morning. :dead: I rode 35 miles on the road yesterday and it was a HARD 35 miles. Lots of long hills to climb. Not exactly what I wanted for my first ride of the season. I just looked at a road map and planned the route. I didn't expect a hell ride. Took me 2.5 hours to ride 35 miles.
I have no working bikes right now.... :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
According to UPS, date of delivery is april 12. jesus god man... they must be walking them here. Oh well... such is the price one pays when ordering online.
Meh, I usually just pay the extra 5-6 bucks for two or three day delivery.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin' stosh. The weather around here has been weird. Monday - 70* Tuesday - 30*/'blizzard' conditions Today - high of 60s. :p We got probably 3-4 inches of snow yesterday and it was melted by last night, so hopefully the trails will be dry by tomorrow. I think I'm going to apply at Subway this afternoon, I really need to get a job and they have a huge now hiring sign in the window so hopefully I have a decent chance. And then I think I decided that Im' going to race Beginner at an XC race this weekend. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Got my gear in my truck and my bike is sitting right here next to me. As long as my wife doesn't go into labor today, I'll be riding after work today. woohoo!!!

Ordered a few things last week from universal cycles... well, they finally got around to shipping them today. According to UPS, date of delivery is april 12. jesus god man... they must be walking them here. Oh well... such is the price one pays when ordering online.
I like your avatar again. :)

I always liked that one.

Don't worry my bike was supposed to be shipped out a 2-weeks ago from Epic Cycles, it still hasn't. They've supposedly had it built up for a week but haven't shipped it yet.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Mornin' stosh. The weather around here has been weird. Monday - 70* Tuesday - 30*/'blizzard' conditions Today - high of 60s. :p We got probably 3-4 inches of snow yesterday and it was melted by last night, so hopefully the trails will be dry by tomorrow. I think I'm going to apply at Subway this afternoon, I really need to get a job and they have a huge now hiring sign in the window so hopefully I have a decent chance. And then I think I decided that Im' going to race Beginner at an XC race this weekend. :)
that is some weird weather.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning.

Leaving on a trip to Greenville tonight! Going to check out the area, check out the apartments, and enjoy some warmer weather. Can't wait.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Had a crappy night last night....on my birthday. Long story. :(
I did however finally get my new grips in the mail yesterday. Props to BlueSkycycling.com. They originally fudged up my order, so they sent along a little light-weight FM radio thingy with earbuds free-o-charge. Nice. The wife is back out of town today on business until Friday so it's up to my parents for the kid and I tonight for free dinner tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning.

Leaving on a trip to Greenville tonight! Going to check out the area, check out the apartments, and enjoy some warmer weather. Can't wait.
take lots of pics!!!
Good luck!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Had a crappy night last night....on my birthday. Long story. :(
I did however finally get my new grips in the mail yesterday. Props to BlueSkycycling.com. They originally fudged up my order, so they sent along a little light-weight FM radio thingy with earbuds free-o-charge. Nice. The wife is back out of town today on business until Friday so it's up to my parents for the kid and I tonight for free dinner tonight.
What kind of grips did you get?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I like your avatar again. :)

I always liked that one.
This will be the one I stick with... no more avy jumping. took me like 4 days to find it again.

stosh said:
Don't worry my bike was supposed to be shipped out a 2-weeks ago from Epic Cycles, it still hasn't. They've supposedly had it built up for a week but haven't shipped it yet.
WTF is the hold up?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
I did however finally get my new grips in the mail yesterday. Props to BlueSkycycling.com. They originally fudged up my order, so they sent along a little light-weight FM radio thingy with earbuds free-o-charge. Nice.
Ooooh... did you get those new fangled clipless grips?

That's cool about bluesky. It's always good to hear when places make an effort to make up for errors on their end. Even if they don't need to... the effort is appreciated.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
This will be the one I stick with... no more avy jumping. took me like 4 days to find it again.

WTF is the hold up?
Not sure. He says their busy. He's supposedly had it in a box since Thursday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Titec Pork Rinds.
Why did you choose them?

I'm gonna buy some grips today and I need to buy a pair for my hardtail bike. Just looking for suggestions.
I'm getting ODI Intense grips for my MKIII.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
stosh said:
Not sure. He says their busy. He's supposedly had it in a box since Thursday.
I suppose on the plus side, at least he's being honest. He could have told you it just shipped yesterday.

it's a real nice day out there. I'm gonna ride into campus, too bad I have to work all the doo-da day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Smelly said:
I suppose on the plus side, at least he's being honest. He could have told you it just shipped yesterday.

it's a real nice day out there. I'm gonna ride into campus, too bad I have to work all the doo-da day.
He keeps telling me he's shipping it "tomorrow" for about a week now. Oh well I'm sure I'll get it.... just kinda weird.
I understand he's a small shop and I like to support him, it's a busy time of year too.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Planning on doing a Lunch ride today . 35 Miles IAB -- Good !

Going to the Celtics game tonight , a vendor is taking me, 2nd row !! I'm not much of a Basket Ball fan but when a vendor is taking me with tickets that have a Face Value of $100 each , I'm there !

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Why did you choose them?

I'm gonna buy some grips today and I need to buy a pair for my hardtail bike. Just looking for suggestions.
Titec Pork Rinds are about the lightest grips on the planet. It's just a few grams of foam.

Not my cup o' tea, I'd much rather pay the weight penalty for a set of lock-on Ruffians. Mmm... Ruffians...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Why did you choose them?

I chose them because they are simply the lightest grips available. They're going on my HT and I'm trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. It's no super-lightweight at 24 lbs. but every ounce helps right?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
binary visions said:
Titec Pork Rinds are about the lightest grips on the planet. It's just a few grams of foam.

Not my cup o' tea, I'd much rather pay the weight penalty for a set of lock-on Ruffians. Mmm... Ruffians...
My other 2 bikes have Ruffians. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
I chose them because they are simply the lightest grips available. They're going on my HT and I'm trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. It's no super-lightweight at 24 lbs. but every ounce helps right?
the Trek 4500?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
35 Miles IAB -- Good !

Going to the Celtics game tonight , a vendor is taking me, 2nd row !! I'm not much of a Basket Ball fan but when a vendor is taking me with tickets that have a Face Value of $100 each , I'm there !
I struggled, man. :( I need to get my ass back into riding shape. Eh, what did I expect having not ridden for five months?

Cool deal on the Celtics game! I'm not a big hoops fan either, but it's always cool to see a game live, especially when it's free!

Stupid Red Sox. :mad:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
McGRP01 said:
My other 2 bikes have Ruffians. :thumb:
It's funny, when you look at the builds for super lightweight bikes (such as the weight weenies who keep their hardtails below 20lbs, remove their star fangled nut to save 5g, etc.), it's like CK headsets and Titec Pork Rinds are badges of honor. No matter what the spec of the bike looks like - carbon parts, Ti parts, whatever - those two components are almost universal for the hardcore weight weenies!

I just don't like the foam, is all. I rode foam grips on my Gary Fischer hardtail for the longest time, and switching to rubber grips was like an awakening.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
While we're talking about grips (for some reason), has anyone seen or tried the new Pedro's Dice lock on's? I saw 'em in the new issue of Bike. They look sweet, except they look a little too aggressive, like they would tear all my calluses off.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
werd. Ruffians are the shizzle.
I really liked the ODI Intense Lock On's so I ordered a set of them, these

some Kenda Kinetics because I liked them so much after I bought a set at MBW.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
IRB,
nice job with the tough 1st ride!

Stosh,
my new IH from rscycles.com, showed up 4 days after I ordered it, and shipping was free :thumb:
how bout these grips

I am hoping the rain holds off so I can get a road ride in today, my vball team's arse was kicked last night (we played 2 upper division teams)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
IRB,
nice job with the tough 1st ride!

Stosh,
my new IH from rscycles.com, showed up 4 days after I ordered it, and shipping was free :thumb:
how bout these grips

I am hoping the rain holds off so I can get a road ride in today, my vball team's arse was kicked last night (we played 2 upper division teams)

Well considering the price I got I didn't mind paying for shipping. Also I was really surprised he was able to even get a bike. I thought I remember one of the big online dealers had a month wait on the bike I wanted.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Did my usually Tuesday Evening Ride. We started off in the sun. Then the thunder started rumbling. Then big ole raindrops. Finished up just before the deluge. Had near whiteout conditions on the drive home. Then the sun was back as I pulled into the driveway.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bummer about the knee MMcG. damn ice.

did a whole lotta nuthin' last night. got home fairly late from work, and did some mp3 work. busy day @ work so far.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Rode twice yesterday. easy beginner ride right after work at 1 with a newbie rider in my office. and rode again last night at 6 with the bikerag crew. I'm definitely not ready to be riding twice a day yet. Legs are sore, but I'm still riding tonight, I'll get all the rest i need when its raining.

IAB, you gonna have a new derailleur by this weekend? I know your knee is still messed up MMcG, but the weather should be nice this weekend, would like to get a ride together if we could.