Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Why doesn't it surprise me it was Keith. That kid is a maniac!!!!
Didn't really surprise any of us either. He really enjoyed riding with Sq-Earl. The two of them together are dangerous :devil:

McGRP01 said:
Goddy43, my neighbor Jim, and I are going to do the Butler Pond Loop up by me. We're leaving from my house around 6:30 or so. It's aorund 15 miles roundtrip with some decent climbs.
Sweet! I may just have to get some time on the trainer when I finally get home. :(

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
stosh said:
thats unpossible!
The wrench at the lbs is a total hamfist, he could screw up installing pedals. And here I was foolish enough to let him install the bottom bracket. Guess it's time to get a bottom bracket and bottom bracket tools and do it myself.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
How much does that shock weigh?
I don't know how much it weighs! It weighs more than the Cane Creek I guess, but less than a coil shock and I can run this focker in 4.5" mode too where I can't do that with the Cane Creek.

The IH feels so damned heavy now though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I don't know how much it weighs! It weighs more than the Cane Creek I guess, but less than a coil shock and I can run this focker in 4.5" mode too where I can't do that with the Cane Creek.

yeah I would love to throw one of thoes on my MKIII but the bike is already a tank I wouldn't want to strap anymore weight on it.

What pressure are you running in the 2 chambers?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Rip said:
Guess it's time to get a bottom bracket and bottom bracket tools and do it myself.
I wouldn't let a hamfisted mechanic within a mile of my bike, if I knew he was incompetent. It's a good thing that it was your BB that siezed and not something worse like your BB threads stripping. BB's are easily replaced...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
yeah I would love to throw one of thoes on my MKIII but the bike is already a tank I wouldn't want to strap anymore weight on it.

What pressure are you running in the 2 chambers?
Why would you want to switch? Your bike was designed with the 2.0" stroke 5th element in mind wasn't it?

I have something like 75PSI in the SPV chamber and 205 psi in the main chamber, but you have to remember my shock is a 6.5x1.5 shock whereas yours is a 7.0x 2.0 isn't it?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Morning - took a short ride on the HOllowpoint with the Swinger 4 Way installed last night - just up the road a bit and off a few curbs and through an closed gas station lot etc. etc. Shock feels pretty good in 4.5" mode - the Hollowpoint seems big and heavy now compared to the Ted Wojcik though.
MMcG said:
How's the Hollowpoint feel with the new shock Mark? :p

Edit: glad the old avatar is back! :thumb:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
'Morning. I think my neighbor hates me now. He was having a rather loud phone conversation in his driveway (under our bedroom window) last night around 11:30. I went out and explained I had to be up early and asked if he could lower his voice. I don't remember doing this next part, I must have been in that weird almost asleep, but hearing everything funk. Apparently around 12:15 I got out of bed and went to the window and screamed "SHUT THE **** UP!!!" :D My wife was laughing about it this morning when he flipped me off.

I had planned to rant about my job this morning, but it's not worth it. Suffice it to say that my boss's boss is an ***hole. I get to fly to AL tomorrow for a 4-hour meeting that's completely unrelated to my job all because he doesn't want to go. :dead:

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
'Morn. Still dreaming of the ride Sunday...
Took a newbie for his first-time ride in partial snow...
(Pic's attached)
stosh said:
... pictures of things other than biking.....
Why?

Me riding along:

Ali climbing:

A little snow on the trail:

It's all about the flowers:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Morn' Yes, I never post to the GMT but I just need to vent!!! :angry:

My new bike will never be built! It's one thing after another. I picked up my new fork yesterday after waiting 3+ weeks for it :mad: got the race on, cut the steer tube, blah...blah. Installing the rear brake and fulid started spraying out from everywhere :dead: I guess this is why I'm suppose to work on my bikes in the garage instead of the living room :rolleyes:

Thanks for listening! Amy :)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:

My new bike will never be built! It's one thing after another. I picked up my new fork yesterday after waiting 3+ weeks for it :mad: got the race on, cut the steer tube, blah...blah. Installing the rear brake and fulid started spraying out from everywhere :dead: I guess this is why I'm suppose to work on my bikes in the garage instead of the living room :rolleyes:

That sucks!!!! Did you get it fixed up? Good thing you rent!!! ;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
morning. blew off the gym (again) but did a short run last night in the lovely 50F gloom which is back to blanketing the region. burned an assload of DVDs as backups last night. i mistakenly got 4x media instead of 8x, but maybe the burn will be better/more consistent. anyone know for sure?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Good morning!
I've been lounging around the past week since well...its summer!!! :D But I managed to get in some decent riding yesterday. Took my V10 out to Palmer park in attempts of preparing a little bit for Angelfire. Then after an hour or so I decided that I should do some xc, so I went home, picked up the AC and headed off to the SantaFe Trail (which is long fireroad xc that kinda winds through AFA). Luckily I missed the rain and only got sprinkled on a little bit. The ride itself was nice and in some beautiful scenery. After about 7-9miles I decided I should head back (was already tired from previous ride) so I suppose it was a 14-18ish mile ride. :) Then proceded to go home, eat some damn fine home made steaks and watched The Aviator which I was thoroughly pleased with.

J

JRB

Good morning. I rode the roadie last night and flaked out and shifted under load. Twisted the hell out of my chain. It skipped up 4 cogs and down 4 cogs. Broke a link out, road home, and put brakes on the front of the xterra.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Snacks said:

Yikes! :eek: You're brave and I'm not brave enough to try to install or even bleed my own brakes...I guess that's why I leave the hard stuff with Sq-Earl. ;) Good luck with the rest of the build!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
TreeSaw said:
Yikes! :eek: You're brave and I'm not brave enough to try to install or even bleed my own brakes...I guess that's why I leave the hard stuff with Sq-Earl. ;) Good luck with the rest of the build!
The Advids come pre-bled so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to install! :nope:

I'm slowing learning how to work on my bike, but it still takes me about an hour to change my tires or tubes :rolleyes:

I'm trying out the new Sram front d. on this bike. I'll let you know what I think of it after a few rides.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
yo Snacks, are you and trailhacker riding this weekend? my last final of 1st year is on friday... :dead: / :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:

Wow, that sucks! But hey atleast you posted in the GMT today!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
How's the Hollowpoint feel with the new shock Mark? :p

Edit: glad the old avatar is back! :thumb:
It feels pretty good with the Swinger on it Tigg - but it feels so heavy now compared to the Ted Wojcik.

Makes me wonder if I want such a heavy bike as a trail bike, but I'm constantly wondering about stuff like that.

I should just STFUAR. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
It feels pretty good with the Swinger on it Tigg - but it feels so heavy now compared to the Ted Wojcik.

Makes me wonder if I want such a heavy bike as a trail bike, but I'm constantly wondering about stuff like that.

How much does it weigh? How much more is it that the TW?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:

You should ride the Dawg for a day. I think it's around 34lbs. right now. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
yo Snacks, are you and trailhacker riding this weekend? my last final of 1st year is on friday... :dead: / :D
Yes, Saturday and Sunday.....DH on Sat, XC on Sunday....what are you looking for?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snacks said:
Yes, Saturday and Sunday.....DH on Sat, XC on Sunday....what are you looking for?
hmm, nvmd. :D just had another bout of laziness and will probably just go for an easy xc spin on saturday (sunday is cheap student ticket day for the seattle symphony).