Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well I was having a great day today, got up early left the house early enough that I was able to stop and get some breakfast on the way in. There is this place in the next town over from where I work that is on my way in and I can eat breakfast for $4 which is eggs, bacon, potatos, bread, and a coffee which in this area is awesome. The woman who owns it cooks all the food and she knows everybody!! Well I stop there maybe once every 2 weeks or so and more so in the winter. I love it there, I don't talk to anybody but I just listen and chat with the waitresses who know my order. Well today for some reason I stopped and I as I was leaving I was told they were closing the place down at 11am because the woman who owns it is retiring..... I'm so sad... I love places like that and they have become so few and far between around here. Some contractor is buying and says "He wants to keep it the same way it was"....

On a brighter note, I had a great ride last nigh with Bluebug, Rob, Aubrey, and my friend Jeremy from work. We did almost 9miles at a medium speed. I think bluebug and rob really liked Stewart and I know Aubrey and I would be happy to show them around again!
PS. It is SO strange going from an MKIII to my old Hardtail with a 2" travel front fork. I'll tell you what the weight difference really helped me climb a lot better though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I am giving band finals today YEAH.....that means the end is near. Some sort of riding tonight and need to clean up the house a little as I have a bunch of house guests coming in for the Americade weekend in Lake George.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
theres a few joints like that near Platty including this one bar, lady owner who lives upstairs - she closes the bar at 9pm on saturday nights !

we played like crap at volleyball yesterday...Dalton race tonight...trying to shake my cold

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went for a ride after work last night. Not 10 minutes into the ride my front end washed out on a wet root, the resulting crash was unimpressive but I managed to bang my knee on the stem. Within seconds it started to swell, it looked like I was growing a golf ball under the skin of my knee. I pedalled out with one leg and drove home to slap some Ice on it. The ice took care of the swelling but it still hurts like a mother@#$#%@.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
theres a few joints like that near Platty including this one bar, lady owner who lives upstairs - she closes the bar at 9pm on saturday nights !

we played like crap at volleyball yesterday...Dalton race tonight...trying to shake my cold
Ha, thats funny 9pm.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Went for a ride after work last night. Not 10 minutes into the ride my front end washed out on a wet root, the resulting crash was unimpressive but I managed to bang my knee on the stem. Within seconds it started to swell, it looked like I was growing a golf ball under the skin of my knee. I pedalled out with one leg and drove home to slap some Ice on it. The ice took care of the swelling but it still hurts like a mother@#$#%@.
damn man... that totally sucks!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
commute jumped from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. cell phone is faulty and the battery died despite me charging it last night before i went to bed. i couldnt call in to tell anyone i was late, which i was by half an hour. sigh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
commute jumped from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. cell phone is faulty and the battery died despite me charging it last night before i went to bed. i couldnt call in to tell anyone i was late, which i was by half an hour. sigh.
damn man, that sucks!

splat

Nam I am
Road my bike to work today , didn't start out pushiing very hard but soon really got going , turned in an impressive time came up just 45 sec sort of my best time to work ( I treat my Ride into work as aTime trial , 16 miles best time 51:31 , 2 good climbs ) I was surprised it was such a good time , since my Back is still a little sore from my stupidity on sunday , I was not able to get out of the saddle with out pain.

the Cafe , here at my office makes what we call a 222 2 pieces of toast , with a susage patty on top of each slice with a fried egg on on topp of each , and topped with a slice of cheeze on each, ( 2 eggs , 2 sausage , 2 cheeze , 2 toast ) all for $2.22 thjen we smother it with Hot sauce :drool:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
On a brighter note, I had a great ride last nigh with Bluebug, Rob, Aubrey, and my friend Jeremy from work. We did almost 9miles at a medium speed. I think bluebug and rob really liked Stewart and I know Aubrey and I would be happy to show them around again!
You get Aubrey's fork squared away?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Found out yesterday that my dad has lung cancer. He's going today for a CAT scan to determine the extent of it, if it has spread, etc.. I'm going riding tonight. Gotta get out in the woods for a while.

splat

Nam I am
Polandspring88 said:

every thing was a mess this morning !!! ( I495 , Pike , 9, 30, 85 ) I was very glad I rode my Bike to work this morning, that way I could see all the backup but go riding right past them all .

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
You get Aubrey's fork squared away?
Yeah, she's totally happy with the bike. I need to adjust her seat a bit and I got some new(used) bars for her with a slight raise in them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Found out yesterday that my dad has lung cancer. He's going today for a CAT scan to determine the extent of it, if it has spread, etc.. I'm going riding tonight. Gotta get out in the woods for a while.
wow man... my thoughts are with you.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Morning...

Not much going on of interest... just sitting in the office in front of a computer... and our a/c system is broken so we're all sweating... very stuffy in here... if it doesn't get fixed, I'll probably leave early... (sigh...)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:

damn dude...what crappy news :(

how old is your dad?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
McGRP01, my prayers are with your father.

hey splat, do you ever ride nam after work? im thinking since im only a few exits up on 495 i might shoot down there every so often and ride it. good luck with that trail you guys are constructing, unfortunately i wont be able to make the build day, but i look forward to riding it.

splat

Nam I am
Polandspring88 said:
hey splat, do you ever ride nam after work? im thinking since im only a few exits up on 495 i might shoot down there every so often and ride it. good luck with that trail you guys are constructing, unfortunately i wont be able to make the build day, but i look forward to riding it.
All the time !!! :)

Thursday Nights is our regular ride night, of course the week we are doing Rayburn on Thursday Night !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Morning...

Not much going on of interest... just sitting in the office in front of a computer... and our a/c system is broken so we're all sweating... very stuffy in here... if it doesn't get fixed, I'll probably leave early... (sigh...)
I'm going to meet with the guy who is offering me the job in Manyunck on Tuesday.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
ah, i see. i will try to make it down sometime. thursday nights are usually the nights that i go out and shoot sporting clays with my boss. ill skip out on that though and hit you guys up for a ride sometime. perhaps next week, ive already committed myself a nice home made dinner at his house (last week we had shrimp served in a nice linguine) then a relaxing round of clays at southborough rod and gun. ill be down sometime though, hopefully you guys arent olympians, im slow.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
I'm going to meet with the guy who is offering me the job in Manyunck on Tuesday.
Sweet. Good luck! :thumb: Started looking for apartments yet?

Psst... btw... I just double checked... it's spelled "Manayunk" ;)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Damn man, sorry to hear about your dad. That is crappy news indeed. :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
:( Yikes :( That's awful news. I will definately keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Sweet. Good luck! :thumb: Started looking for apartments yet?

Psst... btw... I just double checked... it's spelled "Manayunk" ;)
Yeah I figured I was spelling it wrong. My one cousin lives in 1blk off South St and my other cousin lives IN Manayunck so I have a temp place to crash till I'm able to find an apt.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Thanks for the well wishes all. I appreciate them more than you know. The news wasn't totally unexpected, to him or the rest of our family. He's 67 and has smoked 3 packs of cigs a day for 50 years. Now we just got to fight the fight...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
enjoyed the awesome weather last night. got home and did a quick run (bruised ribs suck...result of a front wheel washout on sunday), and then played w/ the kids outside when my wife went out for tennis. grilled up some sausages on the deck, had a couple of beers, and waited until the skeeters drove us inside.

McGRP01, best wishes for a good prognosis for yr dad.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats up ppl ... feeling tired but good after a nice 38 miles around Manhattan yesterday. today gonna just cruise around on my ss to get my legs moving.
I finally made an appointment for the doctor.. i have been having bad pains/stiffness in my achilles tendon... hopefully he can figure it out.
I weighed myself this morning after I put on these jeans that were a little tight and nowe are swimming on me... it will be 2 weeks tommorow and close to 15 pd drop... not bad!!
thats what eating very well (healthy) and riding a bike will do for you I guess... cant wait to get back to the gym!!!!

enjoy the day --- just over a week to mbw... I cant wait!!!!! :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
McGRP01 said:
sorry to hear that mc.. i am going thru the same thing with my mom.. she has Lung cancer..stage 3a.. she just finished her 4th and hiopefully final dose of chemo... now they will redo the scans to see how it reacted to it.. hopefully all is good.
see if your dads doctor will authorize a "pet" scan.. far more thorough for detecting Cancer... and good luck
right now it seems like nothing could be worse ... but keep strong..as well as your fatehr and it will be ok.. mental atitude is very important in fighting this.. and it definatly can be done!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
whats up ppl ... feeling tired but good after a nice 38 miles around Manhattan yesterday. today gonna just cruise around on my ss to get my legs moving.
I finally made an appointment for the doctor.. i have been having bad pains/stiffness in my achilles tendon... hopefully he can figure it out.
I weighed myself this morning after I put on these jeans that were a little tight and nowe are swimming on me... it will be 2 weeks tommorow and close to 15 pd drop... not bad!!
thats what eating very well (healthy) and riding a bike will do for you I guess... cant wait to get back to the gym!!!!

enjoy the day --- just over a week to mbw... I cant wait!!!!! :D
Should be fun hanging with you and everybody else at MBW!!!
You still going alone?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Should be fun hanging with you and everybody else at MBW!!!
You still going alone?
i think so.. so friends said they were gonna join up and meet me there but who knows with them .. last i heard they never signed and his wife didnt even know about it...
the ppl who really want to go cant cause they are teacers and its just to close to the end of year to take off.. im trying to get them to come friday night.. we shall see

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
i think so.. so friends said they were gonna join up and meet me there but who knows with them .. last i heard they never signed and his wife didnt even know about it...
the ppl who really want to go cant cause they are teacers and its just to close to the end of year to take off.. im trying to get them to come friday night.. we shall see
Oh man my GF is a teacher and took Friday off. They gave her such a hard time about it. She had to lie and say she was in a wedding.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
Yeah I figured I was spelling it wrong. My one cousin lives in 1blk off South St and my other cousin lives IN Manayunck so I have a temp place to crash till I'm able to find an apt.
No worries... I've been going there somewhat regularly for over ten years and I still have to check... and "Schuykill"... (as in the river or the expressway) ...how is anyone supposed to remember how to spell that?? :mad:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
No worries... I've been going there somewhat regularly for over ten years and I still have to check... and "Schuykill"... (as in the river or the expressway) ...how is anyone supposed to remember how to spell that?? :mad:
I'm originally from Schuykill County PA.