Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it was an AMD 939 socket series...can't recall the exact one but if you <hint> do a search for "build me a computer" i'm sure you can find the exact one </hint>

;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
it was an AMD 939 socket series...can't recall the exact one but if you <hint> do a search for "build me a computer" i'm sure you can find the exact one </hint>

;)
Doh, forgot about the whole thread... I went through my old PMs but I've deleted them :o:

Interesting. Without remembering what H8R had given you, I chose some of the same hardware. Same case, power supply, processor.

I went with a board that supported firewire, though. And only ordered 1 drive. Totaled at about $550. I assume you're still happy with your machine...? Sure hope so, the stuff is ordered :D

J

JRB

Good morning. Went to Austin and rode the SS with some old friends and a couple of new ones. Had a good ride, but drank a huge Diet Coke on the drive home. Then I got an upset stomach and couldn't sleep. I was up most of the night and feel like pooh, and I don't mean Winnie.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Went out on our Tues. night group ride last night. I rode awesome technically, and cleaned a bunch of real steep ups and downs I haven't been able to do in the past, but I feel like I've lost any level of endurance I had attained, just by concentrating on DH and not riding XC lately. I was able to muster up a bunch of short bursts, but overall I was hurting. It felt good to get out and work my arse off though.

Going for a road ride today, and priming/painting our front porch. That's about it. Have a good day! :)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Should finish up packing today for MBW, all I'll have to do tomorrow is food prep and loading my cooler. Going out for some sushi tonight.

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
manhattanprjkt83 said:
hahah i was thinking about telling her that actually and just watch the creep meter go through the roof :p

what you guys dont think im already working on the video cmon :evil:
I was actually thinking of the video of her reaction when you tell her... :devil:

Wear a cup :evil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all. Should finish up packing today for MBW, all I'll have to do tomorrow is food prep and loading my cooler. Going out for some sushi tonight.

I heard the Haro was in at North Haven again - just getting it tuned up or major repair work needed?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
MMcG said:
I heard the Haro was in at North Haven again - just getting it tuned up or major repair work needed?
you got spies dude? Just new cables and anything else that pops up. I think he's truing my wheels too. I've banged them up a little learning to do drops.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
I went with a board that supported firewire, though. And only ordered 1 drive. Totaled at about $550. I assume you're still happy with your machine...? Sure hope so, the stuff is ordered :D
yeah, the machine is going great. not too big a fan of the norton antivirus stuff though. there are two apps which run in the background which can be real resource hogs at times (ccApp.exe and EvtMgr.exe). is there an alternative to this?

i've still got to work out my networking issues (i can ping the other machines, but my laptops can't see the PC on the network), and i've given up on the SCSI card/cd drives. the internal plextor DVDR/CDR drive is ripping at a really fast speed anyway.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
yeah, the machine is going great. not too big a fan of the norton antivirus stuff though. there are two apps which run in the background which can be real resource hogs at times (ccApp.exe and EvtMgr.exe). is there an alternative to this?
Give Panda a try. I've not used it myself but will be using it when my new computer comes - I've heard nothing but praise for it. Couple of my friends have used it, and a few guys that I used to work with use it. link

i've still got to work out my networking issues (i can ping the other machines, but my laptops can't see the PC on the network)
Can the laptops ping the server? Can they see each other?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
thanks for the Panda rec.

the laptops are networked together, and see each other under the "Entire Windows Network" icon using explorer. but the PC isn't visible them, nor vice versa. at one point the PC was networked, but then i must have done something upset this delicate balance and can't get them back to seeing each other.

i'm gonna have a work friend sort my issues out once i get my squeezebox in so he can get that networked too.