Quantcast

***Happy Humpday morning***

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well someone is late so lets get it started already. i went to ride the fun trails in prospect park again last night.. this time bringing some protective gear with me. i am still shocked that there are some techinical trails in that park... and they are well hidden too. Im gonna bring my camera next time!!!
other than that no more riding for me for the rest of the week.. I plan to do my first century on sunday so i am resting up

Enjoy the day!!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Morning! Finally got my BB tool yesterday, so all I need are the brakes and I'll have an SS! Found the brakes on ebay last night, auction ends today and the guy lives in my town, so no shipping if I win. Thinking about getting the SS ready to bring with me for stewart on sat. Stosh, is that all we're doing is riding stewart? I think you need to make a weekend of riding out of this.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning all!

Just getting over a resp. infection so I can go and get another one at the Tour of the white mountains this weekend. 52 mile off road, 5000+ feet climbing and rock gardens galore. If I were smart i'D just bite the bullet and go into freeride or downhill. At least I'd be able to wear armor and would usually be going down not up!

Got some steroid/lidocane (sp?) shots in my back to treat some muscle spasms I've been having since getting hit by a car. Feels a lot better today. The doctor found one of them and said "man, that's the biggest knot I've ever seen". He talking about the muscle behind my shoulder blade.

Got a second job interview today. Looks like I've got the inside track to my dream job, It's exactly what I'm looking for and the employeer and job benefits look great. The best part is the person currently in the job is retiring(at about 50!) and will be there for several months to help bring me up to speed, so I'm not getting dumped on the second I enter the door, and I'm not inheriting a mess somone was fired for ( as serious risk in IT).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning all, last night i got a call from a good friend of mine at about 9pm say "dude lets ride im ready". Well yours truely just got a new Nightrider HID rage light for my helmet so i gladly accepted. It was so awesome to be out that late riding, and that light is unbelievable. I dont know if any of you guys ride with an HID, but it makes the trail look like day, the guy behind me with the digital pro 12 dual beam was drooling over it hahhaha. So if you are wondering if they are worth the money. YES!

good times saw tons of deer...one creepy moment, i was riding through a particularly isolated part of trail and i saw 3 sets of eyes...turns out they were racoons!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkey fools.

Ugh, fvcking Time Warner and their "we can't set you up until friday" crap. Bastids. I am without net until friday, so currently I'm in the library pretending to print syllabi for my various courses.

Not a bad day today though...first class only went 15 minutes out of a possible 120, got most of the books I need, and have 3 more classes today. I'm still unpacking stuff in my house and trying to get it up to par before the weekend, but somehow I doubt that will happen. I never thought about how much junk one accrues over a few years when it finally comes time to spread it ALL out.

Other than that...no rides since Sunday. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out tonight for a little bit on the road and get in some miles.

Oh, and CS....yeah, interested in that fork. Bring it with you to stewart?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! 2nd day back to school for me (first day with students). It's SO wonderful to see all of my 5th graders as 6th graders...one o fmy favorite times of year.

Went for my 2nd ultra sound yesterday and my little girl is big!!! She's 11 oz. already and QUITE active...it took over an hour to get all the pics they needed because she wouldn't hold still. I am quite happy to report that she is looking very healthy and soon to be named (I hope).

Now, I just need to find some time for a ride....perhaps I'll crash the Stewart ride this weekend :devil:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Had a mellow night last night for the most part. Went to a parent/teacher meeting at my daughter's pre-school. She has her first day of school ever tomorrow. She's sooo excited!!! :) Everyone was really nice and the wife and I are totally comfortable with her going there. Funny story though... I walked in the front door with my wife last night and all the teachers are all lined up greeting the parents, shaking hands, etc... So, I'm walking down the hand-shaking gauntlet and look up and there is this girl Meg standing there that I "know" (in the biblical sense) from college. My wife also knows Meg (but not that way) as we all went to school together. So Meg looks at me and smiles and gives me a big hug... Turns out she's going to be one of my daughter's teachers. It's pretty cool really. Nice to know that someone I know and trust will be watching her. :D

Other than that, no riding as the trail bike is in the shop. I'm racing at Platty this weekend so I've just been tinkering with my DH bike getting that ready for the weekend.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
robdamanii said:
Morning monkey fools.

Ugh, fvcking Time Warner and their "we can't set you up until friday" crap. Bastids. I am without net until friday, so currently I'm in the library pretending to print syllabi for my various courses.

Not a bad day today though...first class only went 15 minutes out of a possible 120, got most of the books I need, and have 3 more classes today. I'm still unpacking stuff in my house and trying to get it up to par before the weekend, but somehow I doubt that will happen. I never thought about how much junk one accrues over a few years when it finally comes time to spread it ALL out.

Other than that...no rides since Sunday. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out tonight for a little bit on the road and get in some miles.

Oh, and CS....yeah, interested in that fork. Bring it with you to stewart?
No prob, I'll even clean it up some.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! 2nd day back to school for me (first day with students). It's SO wonderful to see all of my 5th graders as 6th graders...one o fmy favorite times of year.

Went for my 2nd ultra sound yesterday and my little girl is big!!! She's 11 oz. already and QUITE active...it took over an hour to get all the pics they needed because she wouldn't hold still. I am quite happy to report that she is looking very healthy and soon to be named (I hope).

Now, I just need to find some time for a ride....perhaps I'll crash the Stewart ride this weekend :devil:
c'mon it'll be fun. Maybe you could bring my marzocchi manual that I left at your house?

Hey Stosh, is Stewart single speedable.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
Good morning all!

Just getting over a resp. infection so I can go and get another one at the Tour of the white mountains this weekend. 52 mile off road, 5000+ feet climbing and rock gardens galore. If I were smart i'D just bite the bullet and go into freeride or downhill. At least I'd be able to wear armor and would usually be going down not up!

Got some steroid/lidocane (sp?) shots in my back to treat some muscle spasms I've been having since getting hit by a car. Feels a lot better today. The doctor found one of them and said "man, that's the biggest knot I've ever seen". He talking about the muscle behind my shoulder blade.

Got a second job interview today. Looks like I've got the inside track to my dream job, It's exactly what I'm looking for and the employeer and job benefits look great. The best part is the person currently in the job is retiring(at about 50!) and will be there for several months to help bring me up to speed, so I'm not getting dumped on the second I enter the door, and I'm not inheriting a mess somone was fired for ( as serious risk in IT).
Good luck with your interview and with your continued recovery! Any news on the lawsuit yet? I really hope that they can do justice for you!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
TreeSaw said:

glad to hear your lil girl is coming along so nicely!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Gah, just discovered I need about a half a dozen more books for my psychomotor skills lab. Why the hell didn't they list these in the bookstore, as opposed to ONLY on the syllabus. On the syllabus it says "required" and it says "optional" in the bookstore.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Rip said:
Morning,

Really stiff from yesterday's tumble, and have to go get a new phone due to it. Will probably head out on a ride later.
what did you do to yourself?? and.... do you have any pics????

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Ah freshman orientation day....seeing all the kids wandering the halls with their faces buried in their schedules is hilarious. Last year they were all so cool, in 8th grade and on top of the world. This year they're back at the bottom of the barrel.
No classes for me though. Tomorrow is D-Day and everyone will be back and ready to go. And to top it off I haven't ridden in over a week. That should change soon though. (I hope)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
First test of the year today in Statics. I think I did fairly well, the questions, other than the one concerning the moment about a point were fairly straightforward. My friend is bringing me my hardtail today, so that will be nice. Party Friday night, Jiminy Saturday, I think thats about it.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Deciding if I should go to the party at the Flats tomorrow night and get bombed before palp lab and psymotor lab on friday morning. Something tells me I should not.

And I just saw someone walking across campus with a front wheel hanging off their backpack. Apparently locking it isn't good enough?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Busy day at work today. We're working on one of craziest issues of the year and it just won't get finished.

Stosh, are you riding tomorrow? I'm not sure when I'm getting out of work (I'm not sure if I can get out early). But I would really like to try to go riding.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
Good luck with your interview and with your continued recovery! Any news on the lawsuit yet? I really hope that they can do justice for you!!!

Thanks!

I'm still waiting to go to neuro, so I can get a better explaination of what's going on. Meanwhile I've been taking a low dose of Zoloff (50mg) and it's helping with some of the symptoms, so now he's upping the dose.

Here are some random links about PCS

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/901289354.html
www.medical-journals.com

Here are my favorite quotes:

Regeneration isn't Total Recovery. Our current research into neuropathology indicates that significant regeneration of these neural connections can occur, but that the extent of such regeneration falls off considerably with age (with over 40 being a meaningful line of demarcation) and that the regenerated neural connections are less efficient than premorbid.
High Achiever Problems. For this reason, individuals in professions which place a high demand on processing speed, are more likely to experience deficits than others, and that most people who have suffered more than a Grade I concussion, will have some measurable deficits, if sufficient demands are made upon their brains.
Basically if you recover in less than three month you are probably free and clear. Looks like I will most likely have at least some of the symptoms for the rest of my life since I'm at 5 months+ and still have them, a "high achiever", and I'm over 40, and probably had a grade II concussion.

Oh well, Life goes on. I'm not going to make me bitter but it's hard to cope sometimes.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
Busy day at work today. We're working on one of craziest issues of the year and it just won't get finished.

Stosh, are you riding tomorrow? I'm not sure when I'm getting out of work (I'm not sure if I can get out early). But I would really like to try to go riding.

bluebug... stosh has been MIA all day just to let you know..
what magazine do you work for?? with???

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
robdamanii said:
Deciding if I should go to the party at the Flats tomorrow night and get bombed before palp lab and psymotor lab on friday morning. Something tells me I should not.

And I just saw someone walking across campus with a front wheel hanging off their backpack. Apparently locking it isn't good enough?

are you in cleveland? :cool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
Thanks!

I'm still waiting to go to neuro, so I can get a better explaination of what's going on. Meanwhile I've been taking a low dose of Zoloff (50mg) and it's helping with some of the symptoms, so now he's upping the dose.

Here are some random links about PCS

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/901289354.html
www.medical-journals.com

Here are my favorite quotes:

Basically if you recover in less than three month you are probably free and clear. Looks like I will most likely have at least some of the symptoms for the rest of my life since I'm at 5 months+ and still have them, a "high achiever", and I'm over 40, and probably had a grade II concussion.

Oh well, Life goes on. I'm not going to make me bitter but it's hard to cope sometimes.
Yikes! You're a better person than I! I would be bitter as hell!!! Although, being more optomistic about the recovery and your restults, sound much more appealing than moping around and being angry about it! I'll send some happy healing vibes your way :D

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
Yikes! You're a better person than I! I would be bitter as hell!!! Although, being more optomistic about the recovery and your restults, sound much more appealing than moping around and being angry about it! I'll send some happy healing vibes your way :D

The person I really feel sorry for is my 4.5 y/o daughter. She's used to daddy being fun and playing a lot and having a good time. When I get home after work, I'm pretty much out of it. I know I don't have as much patience and I'm more irritable. The headache and nausea just sucks the life out of me. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but sometimes I feel like I'll never be happy again. Fortunately I saw the warning signs and got some help.

To top it off this happened as my wife and I are trying to have a second child before it's too late. It put a little crimp in that, I can tell you.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
The person I really feel sorry for is my 4.5 y/o daughter. She's used to daddy being fun and playing a lot and having a good time. When I get home after work, I'm pretty much out of it. I know I don't have as much patience and I'm more irritable. The headache and nausea just sucks the life out of me. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but sometimes I feel like I'll never be happy again. Fortunately I saw the warning signs and got some help.

To top it off this happened as my wife and I are trying to have a second child before it's too late. It put a little crimp in that, I can tell you.
Wow!!! I didn't realize you had a little girl...that definitely adds another dimension to things. I am glad to hear that you saw the warning signs and got the help you needed! Good luck trying for the second. ;)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
Wow!!! I didn't realize you had a little girl...that definitely adds another dimension to things. I am glad to hear that you saw the warning signs and got the help you needed! Good luck trying for the second. ;)

Thanks, and good luck with your little one. Kids are a blast! :D