Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I went snowboarding last night, it was SO icy we packed it in after about 4 runs. We all just felt to scared to even enjoy the day. It was so icy we couldn't even stop or control the boards. What a waste!! Not to mention apparently it was still a holiday yesterday in NJ. What a rip off!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is supposed to rain.

BRMC concert tonight. I don't know if I want to do the three hour drive there.

I hate being elderly.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I went snowboarding last night, it was SO icy we packed it in after about 4 runs. We all just felt to scared to even enjoy the day. It was so icy we couldn't even stop or control the boards. What a waste!! Not to mention apparently it was still a holiday yesterday in NJ. What a rip off!!!
Happy F'n Humpday (it feels like Tuesday):)
I was planning a trip to our local mountain last weekend, and heard from a friend that the conditions went south real quick when the warm weather went to sub zero in a matter of hours... so we bagged the trip. I had some students that went anyway and were sorry they did...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh... I'm going to be entering a whooper of a meeting today. We have 2 waring factions facing off over a building we've designed and is currently under construction. SHOULD BE A HOOT!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Happy F'n Humpday (it feels like Tuesday):)
I was planning a trip to our local mountain last weekend, and heard from a friend that the conditions went south real quick when the warm weather went to sub zero in a matter of hours... so we bagged the trip. I had some students that went anyway and were sorry they did...
I feared it would be bad but we went anyway.

Do you run ski trips thru the school?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Oh... I'm going to be entering a whooper of a meeting today. We have 2 waring factions facing off over a building we've designed and is currently under construction. SHOULD BE A HOOT!!!!
what time is the meeting, and will you have a laptop to give blow by blow accounts?:)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Still in DC for work (actually, just out side of DC, but...). Had a good day yesterday - training went well, then got together with an old college buddy. Went to a local steakhouse for some good eats, then a nice little pub for a couple of drinks. Was a good time - nice to see him again.

More training for today... should be getting more into the guts of things, so it shouldn't be so boring (hopefully).

Got a bit of snow overnight... like just enough to make everything white, but not enough to actually cover the roads or anything. Nothing compared to what you and I are used to, but it will be interesting to see what the drivers are like.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
I feared it would be bad but we went anyway.

Do you run ski trips thru the school?
yep, I took over the ski club about 3 years ago after helping with it for 2 years... the guy just dumped it in my lap and never helps with it... so it can be a pain sometimes but it means a free trip for me... so that is cool!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pretty easy-going day yesterday...swam w/ the kids, did a five mile run, made dinner and did our blind wine tasting test. watched some olympics.

today i think we're gonna go to the Corkscrew Swamp sanctuary...maybe i'll find me a gator.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
With the term ending next week everything is busy as hell around here. Homework, studying, potential jobs, projects, its all descending down upon us at one point in time. Makes for a bundle of fun. Today I get to go submit my resume to some other companies.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
what time is the meeting, and will you have a laptop to give blow by blow accounts?:)
We're actually having it in our basement conference room due to the shouting that may occur.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Still in DC for work (actually, just out side of DC, but...). Had a good day yesterday - training went well, then got together with an old college buddy. Went to a local steakhouse for some good eats, then a nice little pub for a couple of drinks. Was a good time - nice to see him again.

More training for today... should be getting more into the guts of things, so it shouldn't be so boring (hopefully).

Got a bit of snow overnight... like just enough to make everything white, but not enough to actually cover the roads or anything. Nothing compared to what you and I are used to, but it will be interesting to see what the drivers are like.
It must be cool to see DC with some snow!! Take pics!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've got my camera in my truck, but I doubt the snow will last until training is out (I'm in my morning session now) for lunch.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
another thing... I think Mapquest is in cahoots with state/federal governments, or at least whoever gets the money from tolls. Mapquest has, on 2 different occasions during this trip, sent me out of my way to put me on a toll road.

Friggin bastards.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
another thing... I think Mapquest is in cahoots with state/federal governments, or at least whoever gets the money from tolls. Mapquest has, on 2 different occasions during this trip, sent me out of my way to put me on a toll road.

Friggin bastards.
Mapquest Suxors!!
I never use them for actual directions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
First day back after a week of working on the road and a long weekend riding in Az. You can tell it was a good trip when you sleep through two hours of the alarm going off.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea, but it's better than driving without directions. I should probably just buy a good map/atlas.
I would love to get a GPS program to run on my laptop when taking road trips.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
First day back after a week of working on the road and a long weekend riding in Az. You can tell it was a good trip when you sleep through two hours of the alarm going off.
Or your really hungover.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! Boring night last night. Felt sick and had a migraine all day, so I went home took some vitamins, and went to bed. Figured I had to feel good for my interview Friday. Luckily I feel much better today already. I love my immune response... my antibodies rule! :weee:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. We won our deck hockey game last night which is cool, but my major slump continues heading into the playoffs. Two goals in my last eight games. What the hell is wrong with me? :wonky2:

J

JRB

Good morning. I am heading over to pay $103 court costs so I can take defensive driving. ugh

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Hey Narlus...

I know your into good music... we have a pretty good local radio station that has been one of my staples for years... they have been playing a couple of great tracks by Richard Hawley, who in my opinion sounds like the solo stuff by Mark Lanegan of the "Screaming Trees"

You can listen online to our radio station WYEP it is a pretty good station, and I have been exposed to some great music through them, and investigating some of the bands they play you can pick up others!!! let me know what you think:clue:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning monkeys!!!!

mmm I just had a huge bowl of Farina this morning, I haven't had it in years, i'd forgotten how yummie it is.
Not to much going on today, just work work work!!! But the good news is i just made plans to ride some trails tommorow!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
antimony said:
.... my antibodies rule! :weee:
I can't honestly remember being sick for more than a 24 hour period since grade school.

It's not like I'm a health nut or anything....

I get a 24 hr bug maybe once every couple of years.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I just got a whole new setup for work... its a gps program that runs with my handheld!!!! Nice!!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
yea... I've thought about getting the one that works with my palm pilot, but it's pricey, and I doubt I could get work to pay for it.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
stevew said:
I can't honestly remember being sick for more than a 24 hour period since grade school.

It's not like I'm a health nut or anything....

I get a 24 hr bug maybe once every couple of years.
Yeah, I haven't been sick w/ the flu or anything since I was like 9. I never get sick either, so it irritated me when I started feeling icky right before a big interview. Oh well...all better now! :D

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all looks like I am a little late today. Not much going on here, a full day of class from 10:35 straight through 5. With a 3 hour lab wrapping the day up studying echinoderms...So this is why they call it humpday

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Happy humpday

Had a lazy evening last night. I ended up working late and picking up pizza and beer (which meant no trainer). Oh well, back on track today. I think I finally found my way in to some bike magazines, so it's time to pitch some ideas and cross my fingers :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
Happy humpday

Had a lazy evening last night. I ended up working late and picking up pizza and beer (which meant no trainer). Oh well, back on track today. I think I finally found my way in to some bike magazines, so it's time to pitch some ideas and cross my fingers :)
that is great, good luck with it!!! which mags?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
brungeman said:
that is great, good luck with it!!! which mags?
Thanks!

Dirt Rag, and then I'll see where i can go from there

I also picked up a copy of Muscle and Fitness Hers, which I've freelanced for, to see my article and I also noticed that someone wrote a letter in response to my last article, commenting on how helpful it was. That's a really cool feeling :D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. We won our deck hockey game last night which is cool, but my major slump continues heading into the playoffs. Two goals in my last eight games. What the hell is wrong with me? :wonky2:
Dude, aren't you a goalie? That's pretty good then. :rofl:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Holy crap...I have two interns sitting in the cubicles in front of me and they've been making calls all morning and I just want to rip my ears off. I'm trying to write an article and it just ain't happening:bomb: :banghead:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
Thanks!

Dirt Rag, and then I'll see where i can go from there

I also picked up a copy of Muscle and Fitness Hers, which I've freelanced for, to see my article and I also noticed that someone wrote a letter in response to my last article, commenting on how helpful it was. That's a really cool feeling :D
I just sent you a pm...