Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Monday I was at the Gugenheim in NYC all day or at least till 2pm, then we went to Brooklyn to get an early dinner at a Thai restaurant, the food was great and the atmosphere was even better!!

http://searestaurant.com/

Didn't do to much yesterday, I bought some linen clothes for my trip to Saint Lucia. I can't wait!

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh!

Had some good T-storms roll through last night . the kids came running into our bed at 12:30 am , 3 am and 5 am

then On my ride to work I di a really good bone headed move.

I was going at a Good clip on a road ther ethe sun is 90 degrees to my right , so I was looking at my shadow on the road and notice how smooth my pedalling was, when I went off teh road it o some sand on the side. I didn't fall but I felt mighty stupid.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! I took a much needed day off from riding yesterday. My legs were feeling pretty tired. We'll get back on the road bikes tonight.

I booked a room at KT for the end of August. I'm stoked...I didn't know if we'd get up there this year.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

The weather seems to have broken just a bit, and I have no meetings this afternoon, so I'm riding on my lunch break. I haven't been out at all yet this week, so I'm really itching to get out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

The weather seems to have broken just a bit, and I have no meetings this afternoon, so I'm riding on my lunch break. I haven't been out at all yet this week, so I'm really itching to get out.
I'm pretty sure that I still own a bike... but... then again... I'm not totally sure....

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Good morning! I took a much needed day off from riding yesterday. My legs were feeling pretty tired. We'll get back on the road bikes tonight.

I booked a room at KT for the end of August. I'm stoked...I didn't know if we'd get up there this year.
When ? I might be qable to convince the wife we need to make a nother trip up there .

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - picked up Liam and Connor from camp last night and had a good dinner with them at Shady Glen in Manchester. Burgers, Fries and shakes!

Then we chilled and watched Rock Star Supernova.

I think I may have close a million plus gift yesterday. Waiting to hear the details as the donor contacted the head of our cancer center about it instead of calling me. Sure hope it is a done deal so I can give my boss the old "Take this!"

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh.

Regestration for next semester is today, so I have the entire day off except for registration at 11. Planning to do nothing but go for a ride, swim, study a little bit...pretty much that's about it.

Oh yeah, I should probably clean up around here a little bit, especially since I've got company thing weekend.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Ride at Trail 100 tonight, monsoon permitting. Will need it the way work has been the last week. This "doing more with less" crap really sux. I'm about ready to quit and open an eclectic coffee shop or something. 10% discount to all bikers. :D

Have a good day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - picked up Liam and Connor from camp last night and had a good dinner with them at Shady Glen in Manchester. Burgers, Fries and shakes!

Then we chilled and watched Rock Star Supernova.

I think I may have close a million plus gift yesterday. Waiting to hear the details as the donor contacted the head of our cancer center about it instead of calling me. Sure hope it is a done deal so I can give my boss the old "Take this!"
Are you saying you found a person to donate 1mil to the hospital?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good Morning!

I didn't even know it was Wednesday, thought it was Tuesday. Nothing new to report, had a relatively boring night last night. Went to bed early after sleeping for 4 hours the previous night.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning.

After baking in the oven we like to call "work" all day, I headed straight for the comfort of the A/C and cold beer. I basically just sat there, comatose, until the wife came home and set me loose on a couple of chores.

I did get on my bike to ride down the driveway and retrieve my mail. That counts, right?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I've been working on a proposal for $1.25M and I think the funding source approved it.
awesome! Congrats!

It seems this summer you have spent more time on your bike and with your boys/girlfriend then last summer. You seem to be in a better place this summer, congrats on that as well!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Had a SMBA meeting last night. Burgers and beers were had. Beginning at noon today I'm on "vacation". Gotta return some bottles for this weekends spending money and do a little bike wrenching this afternoon. :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
I've been working on a proposal for $1.25M and I think the funding source approved it.
That's awesome, man! I'm keeping my e-fingers crossed for you. You could use something good to happen at work. :)
splat said:
taking tommorow off and going to see the Red Sox game . Rescheduled rain out . HAve 4 extra tickets if any one is interested. ( looks IAB's way )
:eek:

Dude, hold two of those tickets for me. I need to check on something...

(how much $$ ?)

Wait, would I have to sit with you? :(

:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
O I almost forgot . today is my friday.

taking tommorow off and going to see the Red Sox game . Rescheduled rain out . HAve 4 extra tickets if any one is interested. ( looks IAB's way )

and taking friday off and going up to Monkey fest!!!
Who are they playing?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wedding Update:

My dad just sent me a PowerPoint presentation of directions to and from the church/reception/parents house/hotel/highway.

At what point can I declare my parents clinically insane?
I am so glad we are paying for this and any parental influence is minimal.

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
Wedding Update:

My dad just sent me a PowerPoint presentation of directions to and from the church/reception/parents house/hotel/highway.

At what point can I declare my parents clinically insane?
I am so glad we are paying for this and any parental influence is minimal.
they are not insane. they are just drivning you insane !! when your getting married its there job.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys. worked late, wrapping up some stuff prior to my vacation, which started today. gonna head up the mt washington valley and hang out. gonna bring the DH bikes, so if any monkeys are @ attitash, look for a black Giant or black Orange 222.

should be relaxing! i hope to actually put the hammer down and spend a decent amount of time trying to learn the nuances of photoshop.

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
hey monkeys. worked late, wrapping up some stuff prior to my vacation, which started today. gonna head up the mt washington valley and hang out. gonna bring the DH bikes, so if any monkeys are @ attitash, look for a black Giant or black Orange 222.

should be relaxing! i hope to actually put the hammer down and spend a decent amount of time trying to learn the nuances of photoshop.
Taking the Kids to storyland ?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
they are not insane. they are just drivning you insane !! when your getting married its there job.
All in all they have been pretty good but I still stand by our decision to fund the wedding ourselves, it has been well well well worth it!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Monday I was at the Gugenheim in NYC all day or at least till 2pm, then we went to Brooklyn to get an early dinner at a Thai restaurant, the food was great and the atmosphere was even better!!

http://searestaurant.com/

Didn't do to much yesterday, I bought some linen clothes for my trip to Saint Lucia. I can't wait!
They have a smaller satelite restaurant just up the street from me in the East Village.

Also, you were in Williamsburg, the hipster capital of Brooklyn (which is the hipster capital of the East Coast:trophy_br :trophy_br)

edit: Saint Lucia? Isn't that a sex spot? Saint Lucia???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
They have a smaller satelite restaurant just up the street from me in the East Village.

Also, you were in Williamsburg, the hipster capital of Brooklyn (which is the hipster capital of the East Coast:trophy_br :trophy_br)

edit: Saint Lucia? Isn't that a sex spot? Saint Lucia???
Yeah, it was pretty hipster!
I have no idea where we were though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
awesome! Congrats!

It seems this summer you have spent more time on your bike and with your boys/girlfriend then last summer. You seem to be in a better place this summer, congrats on that as well!
My relationship with Laura is going great. And I've spent good quality time with the kids this summer.

so on that end I'm in a better place. Financially I'm in a suckier place after getting a not so favorable annual review this year after busting my ass and raising lots of money for this place for 5.5 years.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning. Another hot day. I've been on the trainer in front of the AC for the past 2 nights and in the pool. Almost done with my biking article (2000 words later!), and just have to throw in a sidebar on local trails. Stay cool everyone.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
My relationship with Laura is going great. And I've spent good quality time with the kids this summer.

so on that end I'm in a better place. Financially I'm in a suckier place after getting a not so favorable annual review this year after busting my ass and raising lots of money for this place for 5.5 years.
Damn man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that!
Screw The Man!!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Yeah, it was pretty hipster!
I have no idea where we were though.
Williamsburg my friend!! Its northern brooklyn and right over the Williamsburg bridge. Gentra-fied!!!:wave:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning. Another hot day. I've been on the trainer in front of the AC for the past 2 nights and in the pool. Almost done with my biking article (2000 words later!), and just have to throw in a sidebar on local trails. Stay cool everyone.
Did you talk to George?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Williamsburg my friend!! Its northern brooklyn and right over the Williamsburg bridge. Gentra-fied!!!:wave:
Oh thats what bridge that was...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Just to close the loop on the Sox tickets, I can not go due to the fact that it's a 2:00 game and I have meetings I have to attend at work. Any other day and I would have played hooky.

I know you were all wondering.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Just to close the loop on the Sox tickets, I can not go due to the fact that it's a 2:00 game and I have meetings I have to attend at work. Any other day and I would have played hooky.

I know you were all wondering.
you have become such the corporate man, these days , can't go to Sox because of Work, Can't got to KT because of work. this whole work thing just sucks !!!