Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a pretty cool ride last night. I took a noob out with me who just so happens to be my father-in-law so that was sweet! I also got to meet Dogwonder for the first time who is a totally chill cat! The ride was of medium difficulty to make sure I didn't scare my father-in-law away from riding ever again.

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a painful run yesterday, then tinkered on my bike a bit last night. I'm getting a rather annoying creaking noise (presumably from my BB)...

Looks like I'll finish mowing the back yard then hopefully get in a ride before dark. Might have to make sure my light is charged...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a painful run yesterday, then tinkered on my bike a bit last night. I'm getting a rather annoying creaking noise (presumably from my BB)...

Looks like I'll finish mowing the back yard then hopefully get in a ride before dark. Might have to make sure my light is charged...
What kind of lights do you have?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice ride home last night after working longer than i'd planned. pretty noneventful evening. am going through the scads of photos i took while in ireland, w/ the hopes of culling the best and throwing them up on my pic site. it's gonna take a while.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Did some trail work last night. and after ward BadDNA dropped off a load of Scrap wood ( 1 -3 foot lenghts 0f 2X4, 2x'6 2X8 , 2X10 ) Now Peter and I will do some bridge building !!

came in the saame way as yesterday , that I thought was going to be slightly longer . and it turns out to be the shortest way to my office now :???: I guess I need to look at a Map.

Tonight I am leading a Ride for NEMBA leaving from my House , should be fun!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning yinz!

I have a ton of work to do to get my room ready for the start of school:dead: and I don't feel like doing any of it!:rolleyes:

waiting on some parts for the Yeti, hopefully they will be in today, and I can get it rolling for tonights ride!

have a good one!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
splat said:
Morning !

Did some trail work last night. and after ward BadDNA dropped off a load of Scrap wood ( 1 -3 foot lenghts 0f 2X4, 2x'6 2X8 , 2X10 ) Now Peter and I will do some bridge building !!

came in the saame way as yesterday , that I thought was going to be slightly longer . and it turns out to be the shortest way to my office now :???: I guess I need to look at a Map.

Tonight I am leading a Ride for NEMBA leaving from my House , should be fun!
Sweet.... bridges.... I love bridges!

did you ever get my PM about my friend thats up in Boston now? I am sure if you PM me your # I can get it to him, or if you want to use the info I sent to contact him I know he is jonesing to ride!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Lets See i have ridden every day for the last 13 days straight

and 36 of the last 38 days
I could still kick your arse at table tennis though!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

Had a good day with my kids yesterday. Packed up the Surly frame and wheels and they'll get shipped to Michigan today.

Visited my LBS to see if I could get a few missing parts for my Niner frame, but their prices are ridiculous, and they weren't very nice to me yesterday. So I won't be ordering any of those parts from them. I've given them plenty of business over the last 3-4 years, but i think it is time to move on.

Time to find a new and improved LBS to support methinks.

clokstar

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
Moncton
Morning everyone, had a little ride yesterday, nothing special but none the less a good time. Yea, I have to start get suplies and whatnot for school too. Thats deffinatly going to cut into my riding time.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Visited my LBS to see if I could get a few missing parts for my Niner frame, but their prices are ridiculous, and they weren't very nice to me yesterday. So I won't be ordering any of those parts from them.

Time to find a new and improved LBS to support methinks.
must have been somethign in the water yesterday... I called my LBS to see if they had a crank puller and BB tool in stock, they said they absolutely did, so I left work early and made the 30 minute drive to find out they had no crank pullers.

It's not a big deal, but it's the principle of it all. Just another reminder why I like Victor/Trailblazers so much. I'll now be placing an order with him instead.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
that doesn't take much ! , But I'd stuff any shot you tried to take on me in Ice Hockey!!
Don't even start to think that your paper football skills can dominate mine!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! I just enjoyed a Krispy Kreme donut... yum! :) BV is off getting educated, and my grad class starts tonight. Fun times, I suppose. Have a good one, all!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
must have been somethign in the water yesterday... I called my LBS to see if they had a crank puller and BB tool in stock, they said they absolutely did, so I left work early and made the 30 minute drive to find out they had no crank pullers.

It's not a big deal, but it's the principle of it all. Just another reminder why I like Victor/Trailblazers so much. I'll now be placing an order with him instead.
How far is Trailblazers from you?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning! I just enjoyed a Krispy Kreme donut... yum! :) BV is off getting educated, and my grad class starts tonight. Fun times, I suppose. Have a good one, all!
They closed our local KK.

I liked their coffee!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:

I dunno.

but I went in there recently and they cut a steerer tube for me, and the charge was fair. I picked up my bike and left and then realized that I forgot to pick up about $12.00 of carbon headset spacers. I called and asked them to set them aside for me for the next time I came in. Well guess what? Yesterday the guy I usually deal with tells me that he's not sure what happened to them and that he didn't do the work on my fork. Didn't even bother to go downstairs into the work area to see if they might be bagged up for me. So I just said f'it and I left.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I dunno.

but I went in there recently and they cut a steerer tube for me, and the charge was fair. I picked up my bike and left and then realized that I forgot to pick up about $12.00 of carbon headset spacers. I called and asked them to set them aside for me for the next time I came in. Well guess what? Yesterday the guy I usually deal with tells me that he's not sure what happened to them and that he didn't do the work on my fork. Didn't even bother to go downstairs into the work area to see if they might be bagged up for me. So I just said f'it and I left.
OUCH!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
I dunno.

ugh. I have no patience for that kind of garbage.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning!

Had to do a little post-ride ice-down on the knee yesterday. It was the size of a grapefruit tight as a tick. It's like I've reached a milestone in my riding---you know, the point at which every ride requires anti-inflammatory measures in order to function. Just swell. :nonono:

Took the pooch to the vet for a checkup before the ride. All is well with him, and after much poking and prodding he was rewarded with several miles of singletrack doggie-heaven!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. School started this morning. Kinda funny, I'm in there with a ton of 17 and 18 year olds.

So... This is my next few years. Wish I had gotten it over with when I was 18, but better late than never!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
I dunno.

I hate that shop.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning! Almost had a good ride with Stosh and DW last night. Got all the way there to realize that my rear brake pads are shot. Had to turn around and drive 30 min. home, so it's off to the LBS at lunch today. :mumble:

On top of that, I forgot my coffee....

splat

Nam I am
bluebug32 said:
Morning! Almost had a good ride with Stosh and DW last night. Got all the way there to realize that my rear brake pads are shot. Had to turn around and drive 30 min. home, so it's off to the LBS at lunch today. :mumble:

On top of that, I forgot my coffee....

I try to always carry a Spare pair of brake pads in my Camel back.