Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report here. Just going to be doing some homework today after school on this rainy nasty day. I'm just hoping it doesn't stick around till the weekend.

Have a great day everybody!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm going out of my focking mind here this morning. These women in my department won't stop bothering me! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! "This isn't working. Why did it do this? Why can't I print? How do I get this thing to work?" :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I Are Baboon said:
I'm going out of my focking mind here this morning. These women in my department won't stop bothering me! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! "This isn't working. Why did it do this? Why can't I print? How do I get this thing to work?" :(
Three more questions since this post. :nuts:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Three more questions since this post. :nuts:
Doh. You should start giving them noncommital answers... "Dunno. Maybe call I.T. Not sure what the fix is."

Morning Stosh, IAB. Gotta drive down to CT tonight to move a bunch of furniture.. Ugh.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
Doh. You should start giving them noncommital answers... "Dunno. Maybe call I.T. Not sure what the fix is."

Morning Stosh, IAB. Gotta drive down to CT tonight to move a bunch of furniture.. Ugh.
Yeah, I tell them that and they still ask questions.

Furniture move, eh? Sounds fun!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Spent a good portion of last night working around the house. Got the garage cleaned up - er, all our crap piled up in one bay - so we could get both cars in for the night. First time I've parked in a garage in I can't tell you how long. It was a cool thing.

Also spent some time cleaning/lubing my bike. Hadn't done it in a while and it was in desperate need of some attention.

As for today... basically just the normal stuff. Looks like no riding tonight - the wife is working so it's just me and the kid. My local MTB club is trying to get with the DEC to do some trail work on one of the local trail networks. It's been so wet this year that trails are getting wider by the week as people ride/hike around the muddy sections.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - worked late last night, then took my son Liam to get new hockey skates, a stick, some tape and new gloves. He hits the ice on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. then drove him back to his mom's and then I had to drive back to my apartment. Man I put a lot of miles on my van last night. Maybe I should get one of those hybrid vehicles.

raining here today - not sure what to do about soccer practice - if it doesn't rain too hard I think we will practice as planned tonight. First game is Saturday at 11:00 a.m.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Spent a good portion of last night working around the house. Got the garage cleaned up - er, all our crap piled up in one bay - so we could get both cars in for the night. First time I've parked in a garage in I can't tell you how long. It was a cool thing.

Also spent some time cleaning/lubing my bike. Hadn't done it in a while and it was in desperate need of some attention.

As for today... basically just the normal stuff. Looks like no riding tonight - the wife is working so it's just me and the kid. My local MTB club is trying to get with the DEC to do some trail work on one of the local trail networks. It's been so wet this year that trails are getting wider by the week as people ride/hike around the muddy sections.
So when do we get to see pics of your house?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my tuesday was my normal tuesdy: work, then volleyball then wings/pizza/beer after

looks like last wednesday race at Dalton will be cancelled :(

but they will still have the year end bbq/keg/awards party :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Furniture move, eh? Sounds fun!!!
Yeah, well, it'll be the last time I have to drive down there... The masters program that my girlfriend was enrolled in was awful and she decided (wisely) to not spend $12,000 to be miserable for a year. So this is the last trip moving stuff back to New Hampshire.

Granby, here I come.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I may take some this weekend. THere's still lots of construction garbage around and random piles of junk.
Oh cool!
I take it you didn't make it to Paragon last weekend?

Man I was down there in that area and there is so much land down there that nobody patrols. There are so many fireroads and what not criss crossing the countryside. I wish I had a guide to show me around outside of paragon.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I take it you didn't make it to Paragon last weekend?
No, too much other stuff going on, mostly getting settled in the new house. Hopefully after this weekend, most of the "moving" type stuff will be done (getting furniture where it needs to go, getting stuff put away, etc.). We will still have lots of painting to do, but that can wait until winter gets here - I'm not about to waste a summer/fall afternoon painting.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I enjoyed a wonderful communication breakdown last night. Translation, I didn't do anything, when I could have been having fun.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
Yeah, well, it'll be the last time I have to drive down there... The masters program that my girlfriend was enrolled in was awful and she decided (wisely) to not spend $12,000 to be miserable for a year. So this is the last trip moving stuff back to New Hampshire.

Granby, here I come.
wow.....well that's good not to waste $12K.........but crap.......we probably won't be able to get together and hit the trails here in CT with ya Binary. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I enjoyed a wonderful communication breakdown last night. Translation, I didn't do anything, when I could have been having fun.
These things happen!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
wow.....well that's good not to waste $12K.........but crap.......we probably won't be able to get together and hit the trails here in CT with ya Binary. :(
Hey, just 'cause I'm not obligated to drive down there doesn't mean I can't do it anyway :D - it's less than 2 hours away.

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
:stosh:

g'mornin'

I am getting stressed by the apartment people. They are taking too long to get me approved for my new place and I am supposed to move out at the end of Sept!! WTF? :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
:stosh:

g'mornin'

I am getting stressed by the apartment people. They are taking too long to get me approved for my new place and I am supposed to move out at the end of Sept!! WTF? :mumble:
Where are you moving to?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
supposed to be Philadelphia ....IF I EVER GET THE STUPID APT PEOPLE TO TAKE MY MONEY!!!! :mumble:
:(

I'll miss ya being up here.
Where in Philly.
I'm down there often. We'll go have some lagers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
NE Philly, very near the NE Airport actually.
We can certainly git sum suds yo! ... or play at Pkill or Diablo!
:thumb:
By Manyunck(sp?)?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
um, I am not THAT familiar with the area... ask IanF! :D

I am near the intersection of Roosevelt Blvd (Rt 1) and Grant Ave.
Yeah me either! thats cool though. You got a good job down there?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
Yeah me either! thats cool though. You got a good job down there?
Not terribly far from Manyunk - 30 mins with good traffic. Down Rt 1, then go West on Kelly Dr/Ridge Ave to Main Street. I'm a bit farther north from where she is looking to move to. Sometimes I take Rt 1 to get to Wissahickon which is close to Manyunk.

I did chores yesterday. Got home in time to mow the grass before the rains. Sprayed some weed-killer around... Then back to the g/f's house to grill up some burgers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Not terribly far from Manyunk - 30 mins with good traffic. Down Rt 1, then go West on Kelly Dr/Ridge Ave to Main Street. I'm a bit farther north from where she is looking to move to. Sometimes I take Rt 1 to get to Wissahickon which is close to Manyunk.

I did chores yesterday. Got home in time to mow the grass before the rains. Sprayed some weed-killer around... Then back to the g/f's house to grill up some burgers.
Oh cool!

My cousin lives just off south st but used to live in Manyunck.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

Granby is the next town over from us.
there's a stretch of the metacomet that starts near the old newgate prison in granby - its an out and back, but its a pretty good tough, rocky ridge ride. some big up hils, some hike-a-bikes, some sweet downhills. too bad its raining today or we could go.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
tonyhawk said:
there's a stretch of the metacomet that starts near the old newgate prison in granby - its an out and back, but its a pretty good tough, rocky ridge ride. some big up hils, some hike-a-bikes, some sweet downhills. too bad its raining today or we could go.
I used to go to the old Newgate prison when I was a little kid... Good times!