Quantcast

~~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome dinner last night at my local Korean restaurant. Yeah well thats about all the excitement for me recently. Other than I need to clean up the apt. because my GF is having an baby shower at out apt. this weekend. I'm really really excited about it...NOT.....

Anyway hope ya all have a great day!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I need to clean up the apt. because my GF is having an baby shower at out apt. this weekend.

dude, you know you'll be slammed for thatone, dont ya??

yesterday was the last night of outdoor volleyball......early in the year the brillant people running the league made my team drop a level.......we ended up kicking everyones arses with 56 W's & 5 L's......and the other teams in our level hating us, but we did win a tye dyed tshirt, who to hell still buys or wears tye dye?? :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello!

Heh heh...Stosh is a house bitch. :D

I took yesterday off. Got lots of stuff done....we finally have a working oven, we got some furniture delivered, we got some new shelving up in one of the closets, and I mowed the lawn. Exciting stuff, huh? :) Finally the painters will be done today, so we can start to unpack all those facking boxes! If I have to live one more day having to dig through boxes, I'm going to lose my facking mind.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

Came in this morning, to find out that the guy in our department that I've been training to take some of my workload, while I shift to other projects, took all of the work that came in yesterday for me (that I've trained him on), and did it.

I just checked all of it, and it's flawless.

Goes to show that with all of the idiots out there, there's still a few great employees left! Hope we can get him to stick around.

Can't believe it's Wednesday already...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Not much to report on here. The wife has been pretty busy with work the last few nights (and will continue to be the rest of the week) so no riding for me. We went back and forth a few times yesterday about the countertop and finally dug in our heels. They are cutting a new countertop and getting us a slightly smaller sink. Everything will be as it was supposed to be. We're hoping to hear back from the granite people sometime this morning about how long it will take to cut the new countertop and get the sink that fits.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello!

Heh heh...Stosh is a house bitch. :D

I took yesterday off. Got lots of stuff done....we finally have a working oven, we got some furniture delivered, we got some new shelving up in one of the closets, and I mowed the lawn. Exciting stuff, huh? :) Finally the painters will be done today, so we can start to unpack all those facking boxes! If I have to live one more day having to dig through boxes, I'm going to lose my facking mind.
How'd the mower work?

Living out of boxes sucks. We've been doing it since mid-June but are just now starting to get some of the boxes unpacked.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Did a Night ride last night ( and a Lunch ride too ), had some light issues ( see Pic thread ).

Road to work today , took the long wway , planning to do a long lunch ride and take the Long way home. if all goes according to plan I will have a 100 Miles for the day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
How'd the mower work?

Living out of boxes sucks. We've been doing it since mid-June but are just now starting to get some of the boxes unpacked.
It works great! It's a little bit of an effort mowing my lot with a standard push mower, but I don't mind it (yet). We finally got rid of the p.o.s. mower the previous homeowners left us. We put an ad in the paper for a "free mower that needs TLC" and a landscaper picked it up Monday night. :)

J

JRB

Good morning. Rode 25 miles last night. Rained for the first 10 or 12 miles. Then it was dry and turned out wet the last 6 miles or so. Then I watched LAX which Julie taped Monday. It was ok. I cooked bowtie pasta and spicy red pepper sauce from a jar.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
I suppose this has nothing to do with the training he's received...
God, no. The guy's just genuinely smart and perceptive. With very little experience in Excel, I had him doing complex nested IF() statements yesterday in about 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, he's a temp in a low level job. The temp job could turn permanent very easily, but I doubt he'll stick around too long considering the fairly menial nature of the job (though I've been trying to give him interesting work).

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:

Well no. At least not yet anyway.

When I was in the XC race the other day though, I was kinda wishing I had some under the face of my watch or something for that "extra boost" Would that work?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BurlySurly said:
Well no. At least not yet anyway.

When I was in the XC race the other day though, I was kinda wishing I had some under the face of my watch or something for that "extra boost" Would that work?
Isn't coke on the NCAA banned substances list? If you use it, you'll need some kind of masking agent. They are available online. :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dunno. Probably it is banned, so I guess I wont go snorting any cocaine. But seriously, would ripping up a line during a race actually help?

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
I'd think it would mess with your vision. Then again, there are some guys who race better after a few beers, so wtf do I know?

I had to get a ride home after one Bitburger last night. :(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlySurly said:
I dunno. Probably it is banned, so I guess I wont go snorting any cocaine. But seriously, would ripping up a line during a race actually help?
Coming from someone who's never done cocaine, I guess take this with a grain of salt, but it's my experience that there are lots of things that make you feel faster, but in actuality have simply impaired your ability to recognize how fast you're going. The end result is a slower time, no matter how fast it might have felt.

I guess any kind of speed would probably be an exception to this.. Doesn't cocaine have some of the same effects as speed? Hrm.

I'm just rambling here, ignore me...

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Let's see... my exciting Tues evening consisted of riding 3 miles from my house to the garage to pick up my van. On the bright side it was only a $57 bill. Cheapest bill for that thing in a long time...

Then return to my g/f's to cut out miniature tin signs while watching the tube...

:think: :dead: