Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

The guy upstairs who I have ridden with in the past has his bike on his car today... :( I talked to him yesterday and I'm gonna try to ride with him this Sunday. He asked me to ride tonight but I don't have light. :( Anyway I'm gonna do my best to get a ride in this weekend.
:thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I thought you put your bike away for the winter already???

Not much going on today - caught 3 mice in the last 2 days in our basement... not sure how they are getting in, but...

I'll be riding tonight... just not sure where or with who (if anyone).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning Stosh! All's well here! Had a sick time this past weekend at the Kingdom Trails!!!! Incredible....that's all I can say! I'd like to get back up there before the snow flies, but not sure if that will happen. Went on a ride locally yesterday on an old trial that was newly re-routed and spruced up and fell in love with it all over again. There's even a nice 5' drop to tranny if I get the guts. (yeah...I'm a wuss) Night ride tomorrow night I think. Damn it's getting cold though!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

I thought you put your bike away for the winter already???

Not much going on today - caught 3 mice in the last 2 days in our basement... not sure how they are getting in, but...

I'll be riding tonight... just not sure where or with who (if anyone).
yeah we got mice in the walls at our apt. Not sure which of the 30 places they are getting in. Believe me mice can get thru holes something like the size of a nickle....

You house is in the middle of the field, you probably destroyed their homes to build your house and they're just looking for a warm place for winter.

Did I actually say I put my bike away? I thought someone just made that up.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Did I actually say I put my bike away? I thought someone just made that up.
I think it was just kind of assumed... what with all the riding you've been doing in the last 6 weeks or so.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning Stosh! All's well here! Had a sick time this past weekend at the Kingdom Trails!!!! Incredible....that's all I can say! I'd like to get back up there before the snow flies, but not sure if that will happen. Went on a ride locally yesterday on an old trial that was newly re-routed and spruced up and fell in love with it all over again. There's even a nice 5' drop to tranny if I get the guts. (yeah...I'm a wuss) Night ride tomorrow night I think. Damn it's getting cold though!!
thats great that you went up there.

We had hardcore frost this AM.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I think it was just kind of assumed... what with all the riding you've been doing in the last 6 weeks or so.
past 6 weeks, more like past 2 months... fawk.. I'm ghey... oh and don't assume anything.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well, i ordered my car stereo yesterday...getting it installed friday and can't wait. no more crappy stock stuff for me, and i'll be able to play my Karma on it too (so no more trashed cds from banging around in the car/on the floor/etc).

was lame last night though and didn't go to either of the shows in town which interested me (john cale at the paradise, or jason molina/songs:ohia/magnolia electric company/whatever he calls himself these days at great scott).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
well, i ordered my car stereo yesterday...getting it installed friday and can't wait. no more crappy stock stuff for me, and i'll be able to play my Karma on it too (so no more trashed cds from banging around in the car/on the floor/etc).

was lame last night though and didn't go to either of the shows in town which interested me (john cale at the paradise, or jason molina/songs:ohia/magnolia electric company/whatever he calls himself these days at great scott).
you're not installing it yourself?
Blasphemy!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo stosh

well, went on a street ride last night, im gettin sick, but im off work tomorrow and have to work saturday. watched the V.P. debate last night, im all pissed off. i wish i had the kind of mind that would allow me to not focus on the small things like the government and war and injustices in life but unfortunately other than riding, beer, and girls thats all i think about.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yeah we got 2 people sick in our office of 5.

Bwahhh @ small things....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
blah...been sick since Monday morning. I'm hoping to feel better by the weekend. My wife and I are supposed to head to the Kingdom for some riding. Sadly, it looks like rain is in the forecast.

I put the kayak in the water for the first time on Sunday. It was better than I imagined it could be. Pictures soon. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
blah...been sick since Monday morning. I'm hoping to feel better by the weekend. My wife and I are supposed to head to the Kingdom for some riding. Sadly, it looks like rain is in the forecast.

I put the kayak in the water for the first time on Sunday. It was better than I imagined it could be. Pictures soon. :D
did you just get a Kayak?

Good luck in VT the trees should be nice.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
not enough time or knowledge, brother. plus, they are doing alarm/keyless entry at the same time.
I'll tell you what I need to get this year, I need an Automatic starter installed...

Radio's are easy and I much prefer to do the connections myself. Minimal knowledge is required.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
did you just get a Kayak?

Good luck in VT the trees should be nice.
No, I just finished the kayak I was building. :D

I'm looking forward to VT. The forecast is saying rain though. :(

Re: auto-starters - my mom had one that would randomly start her car at all hours of the night. Weird.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
No, I just finished the kayak I was building. :D

I'm looking forward to VT. The forecast is saying rain though. :(

Re: auto-starters - my mom had one that would randomly start her car at all hours of the night. Weird.
oh thats right I remember seeing pics. Are you bringing the Kayak?

My neighbor used to make Adirondack Guide boats plank by plank in his garage. AWESOME!! Fockers weighed a ton though. I was really awesome to watch him make them though.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
oh thats right I remember seeing pics. Are you bringing the Kayak?

My neighbor used to make Adirondack Guide boats plank by plank in his garage. AWESOME!! Fockers weighed a ton though. I was really awesome to watch him make them though.
I don't think the boat's coming with us. It's supposed to be a biking trip, but who knows.

As soon as I get a place to do it, I've already decided on the next 2 I'm going to build.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
BikeGeek said:
As soon as I get a place to do it, I've already decided on the next 2 I'm going to build.
<ramble/on>

LOL! Funny you should say that. Soon after my buddy finished his, he started working on a strip-built canoe. Not sure if he finished it yet... need to call him... I finally got some mahogany to make the bow and stern pieces for my baidarka...

I'm hoping to ride this w/e... but who knows what will transpire to thwart my plans... With any luck, I'll get the Yeti back together tomorrow evening. I need to get down there to make sure ghettorigged's fish don't freeze in my garage.. :dead:

Off to get Volvo parts after work today. The g/f is buying a classic '73 Volvo P1800ES. Now if only someone would buy the damn M3... Crap... just remember the deal for that car might happen tomorrow... :help: Hopefully it will happen Friday instead.

<ramble/off>

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
I don't think the boat's coming with us. It's supposed to be a biking trip, but who knows.

decided on what about them though?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
<ramble/on>

LOL! Funny you should say that. Soon after my buddy finished his, he started working on a strip-built canoe. Not sure if he finished it yet... need to call him... I finally got some mahogany to make the bow and stern pieces for my baidarka...

I'm hoping to ride this w/e... but who knows what will transpire to thwart my plans... With any luck, I'll get the Yeti back together tomorrow evening. I need to get down there to make sure ghettorigged's fish don't freeze in my garage.. :dead:

Off to get Volvo parts after work today. The g/f is buying a classic '73 Volvo P1800ES. Now if only someone would buy the damn M3... Crap... just remember the deal for that car might happen tomorrow... :help: Hopefully it will happen Friday instead.

<ramble/off>
You're GF looks kinda cute... in that shotty pic....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I'll tell you what I need to get this year, I need an Automatic starter installed...

Radio's are easy and I much prefer to do the connections myself. Minimal knowledge is required.
well it's gonna have an amp and sub too, and a connection for my mp3 player. installation isn't *too* much, and i'm not so great at that sort of stuff anyway.

i don't think i can get auto-start w/ a manual tranny

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
well it's gonna have an amp and sub too, and a connection for my mp3 player. installation isn't *too* much, and i'm not so great at that sort of stuff anyway.

my dad tried that. he did some override rig thing. It was funny it never worked and he would always try to start his car in gear and it would buck all over the place. FUNNY!!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
narlus said:
I've wondered about that. All the newer manual trannys I've driven require the clutch to be in to start, even in neutral. I'm sure there's something that you could override to get around this, but forget to park it in neutral and your car's going to hop.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
narlus said:
Generally, no. You'd have to engineer all kinds of funky relays and controls to over-ride the clutch lock-out. It's possible, but wouldn't be easy. :think:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, definitely not the bother. it was kinda funny having a car w/ no keyless entry after having it since '96. actually, it was kinda lame, which is why i am getting it!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
my dad tried that. he did some override rig thing. It was funny it never worked and he would always try to start his car in gear and it would buck all over the place. FUNNY!!
My old '86 Toyota 4x4 had a switch on the dash to temporarily override the clutch switch. Usefully when off-road and you need to start the truck but don't have three feet and don't want to use the e-brake for some reason.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
My old '86 Toyota 4x4 had a switch on the dash to temporarily override the clutch switch. Usefully when off-road and you need to start the truck but don't have three feet and don't want to use the e-brake for some reason.
right! My dad created this contact plate around the stick so when-ever it was in gear it would have the circut fail. Well something never worked it was funny.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
BikeGeek said:
Decided: 1) my next kayak will be longer and of a more traditional Greenland design and
2)I will build this:
A John's Sharpie? Nice! :thumb: One of those or an Eastport Pram would be so much fun. Which Greenland-style boat are you looking at?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ian F said:
A John's Sharpie? Nice! :thumb: One of those or an Eastport Pram would be so much fun. Which Greenland-style boat are you looking at?
I'm looking at the Arctic Hawk right now, but still searching to see what else is out there. You're building a baidarka? I'd love to do a skin boat, but don't think I'm ready yet. How's it going?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!

I have my bike on my SUV today....I am taking my women's beginner group right after school. Then, I will probably hit the Damn Loop (the one McGRP01 was talking about) afterward.

It was SO cold at my house this morning (in the mid 20s!!!) :dead: I hope I packed some warm riding gear in my bag...otherwise I am gonna freeze tonight!

It's been busy in the band room today so I haven't gotten much time to read what everyone else wrote.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
BikeGeek said:
I'm looking at the Arctic Hawk right now, but still searching to see what else is out there. You're building a baidarka? I'd love to do a skin boat, but don't think I'm ready yet. How's it going?
Veeeeerrrrrryyyy sloooooooowwwwlllllyyyy... :rolleyes:

I have plans for a strip-built version called a North Star. My buddy and I cut the strips for it like 4-5 years ago... they've been in my garage ever since. I finally picked up some mahagony for the bow and stern, but I need to plane the boards down before I can laminate up a blank. Then I'd really like to get a band-saw to cut out the basic shape before starting to carve....

(the one in the front: )

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Not much new going on here...just trying to get everything done at work before I leave for Vegas tommorow. I'm loving my new truck, so I think I'll be driving it to get to Vegas.

Have a great day! :)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ian F said:
Veeeeerrrrrryyyy sloooooooowwwwlllllyyyy... :rolleyes:

(the one in the front: )
Very nice! The one in the middle looks like the Arctic Hawk that I'm thinkin gof doing.

Are you going to go for the storm paddle pictured too? I just found a supplier of western red cedar. I think I may carve a paddle or two this winter.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
... scheduled my hernia operation today for October 28th... at least I was able to wait for the end of the season - still not looking forward to it... :help: