Quantcast

Happy Monday Morning!!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning :monkey:s!!!

How was everyone's weekend. We spent the weekend in Montreal with our good friends Deyv, Isa, Echo, Tweek & Sorge. Saturday we rode DH at Bromont and then whooped it up for Echo's birthday. Sunday we did an awesome XC ride. Took a VERY long time to get home because of a horrible accident on I-87, but good times!!!!! :D

What are you all up to for today? So far, it's cold here and I need more coffee. :think:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Had an "eventfull" weekend.

Friday night we tried to stay dry... Ivan left the area with lots of flooding - well, lots by our standards. Fortunately, we live on top of a hill, so it wasn't an issue for us.

Saturday we played in a charity golf tournament. I couldn't believe we actually played because of how much it rained the day before... but the course was actually in decent shape, all things considered. We finished 5th out of 31 teams... and the tourney generated about $2600 for local charities.

Sunday we tried to stay warm and fought with our heating guy about our thermostat - see my other thread for details.

The cool weather has the leaves changing all ready... which has me desperatly wanting a road bike and a motorcycle.

J

JRB

Good morning. Had a fun and tiring weekend. See road ride in mountains thread. It is cool in the mornings here, while I am at work. It is a hot bitch when I get off. :mad: Oh well, good to have a job and be able to ride even if it is hot.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
Had an "eventfull" weekend.

Friday night we tried to stay dry... Ivan left the area with lots of flooding - well, lots by our standards. Fortunately, we live on top of a hill, so it wasn't an issue for us.

Saturday we played in a charity golf tournament. I couldn't believe we actually played because of how much it rained the day before... but the course was actually in decent shape, all things considered. We finished 5th out of 31 teams... and the tourney generated about $2600 for local charities.

Sunday we tried to stay warm and fought with our heating guy about our thermostat - see my other thread for details.

The cool weather has the leaves changing all ready... which has me desperatly wanting a road bike and a motorcycle.
Congrats on the golf tournament! We lucked out with the rain at my house, but saw the effects on the news. :eek:

Good luck with the house thing...seems like it's one thing after another. I hope it all gets resolved soon (as it's getting colder fast!!!)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Good morning... I have some sort of pinched nerve in my right shoulder area of my back from sleeping in the passenger seat of Tweek's truck on the way home... getting old sucks :mumble:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Good morning... I have some sort of pinched nerve in my right shoulder area of my back from sleeping in the passenger seat of Tweek's truck on the way home... getting old sucks :mumble:
DOUGH!!! It took us forever to get home...there was a BAD accident near exit 30 and I-87 was closed!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Damn! We got home at like 2am :dead:
:eek: Dough!!! We heard that there was an accident on the radio so we decided to stop in Plattsburgh and get gas, coffee and see my sisters for a few minutes to kill time (knowing that traffic would be backed up). It usually takes us just about 2 hours from "the Burgh" and it took just about 3 so we didn't get home until late!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

I had a great weekend. Steph's mom came in town on Thurs. Friday evening Steph and I attended a wedding in Golden, then left straight from there and headed up to Estes Park. We had another wedding up there on Sat night, so we spent the weekend up there while Steph's mom watched Evy for us. The weather was great and the wedding was awesome. Steph got pretty drunk, but I didn't have to hold her hair, if you know what I mean ;) Came home Sun afternoon. Steph and her mom took Evy out for a shopping spree so I spent a good part of the afternoon napping on the couch.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
We had a pretty good weekend. My son played in his second ever soccer game, and they one this one. So they are 1 and 1. We got my wifes truck back from the dealer after a week. I worked a little on the deck. Me and my neighbor went for an early Sunday morning ride, but it was cut short because he had a "HUGE" (in every since of the word) fall on the way back. I swear I thought I was going to have to drag him to the truck. We were trying to beat our time on this section of trail, so we were moving pretty good. He was ahead of me going up this hill. Going down you need to be on the left side for the smoothest line, but there were a lot of riders out, plus he had some speed and it carried him over on the right side which is more rocky. As I approached the top he was about 3/4 down. When all of a sudden it looked as if the ground just grabbed his front rim, and stopped immediately. He flew like superman for a moment, then gravity kicked in. I stopped, as well as four other riders. I thouhgt he had to have broke something. His helmet was cracked, his glasses were all scratched. His jersey was ripped. His face, arm, shoulder, knee was bleeding. We lifted him up and set him down for a few. His lip was cut, his chin had a dang good cut, his head and shoulder already had a bruise. He was F-ed up. We walked the last 1.5 miles. He couldn't feel his face for a while he said. He was doing alright yesterday evening, but I bet he'll be sore in the morning. Other than the injuries, the bike was fine. I can't believe he cracked the helmet.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning! :D

Spent Saturday at work, working on a special investigation. Sunday just relaxed around the house and did nothing productive.

I got approved for a car loan...now I just need to figure out what I want to buy. :think:

Have a good day! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning! :D

Spent Saturday at work, working on a special investigation. Sunday just relaxed around the house and did nothing productive.

I got approved for a car loan...now I just need to figure out what I want to buy. :think:

Have a good day! :)
Congrats! I just bought a 2005 Chevy Equinox and I :love: it thus far!!! My trailor hitch should be here today or tomorrow and that means I can use my new Sportworks hitch too :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
:stosh:

g'afternoon

I got wet this weekend while moving a carload of crap down to PA. It rained, it poured, and flooded. What fun... :rolleyes:
just the start of what seems to be a fun move.... :)

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
TreeSaw said:
Dough! So, you got the apartment...when is your "official" move-in date?
Official date I can move in is Oct 12. I will be homeless from Sept 30 til then but plan on taking up space on IanF's floor. :)

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
stosh said:
just the start of what seems to be a fun move.... :)
oh YEAH, right! :rolleyes:

EVERY SINGLE PERSON who offered to help me has backed out so far. Only ONE person who I specifically asked to help has said yes. ugh...

hmmmm :think:
on that note:

FREE BEER TO ANYONE WHO WILL HELP ME MOVE!! :(