Quantcast

~~HappytHumpday Morning!!!~~

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
You were right about the packaging! Mine just showed up.
Good thing I have a set of Rhynos somewhere.......

The Maxxis site did suck as far as the descriptions went.

I'll play with this whole tubeless thing this summer.
So should these strips work with any UST tire, or just the Maxxis stuff?

I think they will work like Stan's strips with regular tires if you uses some sealant (Stans or other brand) this according to psycle_on, a fellow monkey.

Did you get a poster??

Save the boxes fo sho!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Did you get a poster??
Poster? Nope - but i got a patch kit - kind of a cool one that has 2 tire levers integrated as the cover of the kit. But it's a bad sign when a tubeless system comes with patches for tubes!

Who's on the poster?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It's a Team Maxxis Poster - with a bunch of DH people. April Laywer, Kirkaldie and some other dude.

It might be in there in between the two sets of tires if you got two sets.

I thought it was ironic to get a patch kit for tubes with a tubeless system too. :think:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
It's a Team Maxxis Poster - with a bunch of DH people. April Laywer, Kirkaldie and some other dude.

It might be in there in between the two sets of tires if you got two sets.

I thought it was ironic to get a patch kit for tubes with a tubeless system too. :think:
I guess only people who buy 2 sets get the poster. :rolleyes:

I totally believe that the packaging & goodies alone cost Maxxis the $10 they are selling the stuff for.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
I guess only people who buy 2 sets get the poster. :rolleyes:

I totally believe that the packaging & goodies alone cost Maxxis the $10 they are selling the stuff for.
Yeah - I'm saving the packaging - would make for a great box to send wheels in etc. etc!

I bought both sizes because I was unsure what would work - turns out that neither set is ideal for my wheels. DOH! Oh well.