Quantcast

Hardline 2023

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Plenty of meeja out there, but enjoyed seeing Brendan pause on some of the "smaller" stuff on his first runs down after turning up late.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
watched kerr's vid. cool to see how much he obviously knows and likes the course and to get in some full runs. dude says he's cruising but looks fast as hell over hectic terrain to me. also cool to see him towing in the ladies. not cool to see jess hurt her ankle tho. hope she's ok.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
watched kerr's vid. cool to see how much he obviously knows and likes the course and to get in some full runs. dude says he's cruising but looks fast as hell over hectic terrain to me. also cool to see him towing in the ladies. not cool to see jess hurt her ankle tho. hope she's ok.
watched that too, and fully agree.

I wonder where that drone footage following him and Brendan will turn up. It would be sick to see the two of them following each other...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Reminiscing here because of splaffing about shitty DH bikes from the 00s and Nathan Rennie on here. Got me thinking just how absolutely mental high the bar has risen in mtb now. It's almost 20 years since Rennie broke the bicycle long jump World record after being towed in to a moto ramp on his little 26" V10 by a motorcycle and landing that 121ft jump. Roll forwards to 2023 and we've had a guy with no sponsor on a second hand DH bike BACKFLIP 120ft from a roll in!!! and this weekend we have 30 guys turning up to RACE on a technical DH track with back to back 90ft+ doubles in the middle of each run!
Just seen Bienvenido Aguado basically do tricks that weren't even possible on playstation 3 extreme sports games.
WTF?
Don't think I'm even going to bother mountainbiking anymore.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Bernard WON!

Skip to 8:10 for his run

World cup/champs fans defo watch 13:50 onwards

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bernard WON!

Skip to 8:10 for his run

World cup/champs fans defo watch 13:50 onwards
Holy hell. That run is terrifying, between the wet weather, the wind, the track, the darkness in the woods, the people stopped/standing on the track and the other riders.... what the crap.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
the people stopped/standing on the track
This is all too common at UK races during practice. Riders stopped and bunched up. And not always safely off the ride lines. Kinda ironic that safety is often brought up by the same folk guilty of it

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
This is all too common at UK races during practice. Riders stopped and bunched up. And not always safely off the ride lines. Kinda ironic that safety is often brought up by the same folk guilty of it
I think this is one of very few occasions it would be acceptable to be stood on track. Who would really expect someone barrelling down at (nearly) top speed, during the rain, when everyone else is clearly not in the mood to be hitting 70fters in the slop.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ps. Where the fuck were the Marshalls?

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Holy hell. That run is terrifying, between the wet weather, the wind, the track, the darkness in the woods, the people stopped/standing on the track and the other riders.... what the crap.
I 2nd that. It was Insanley beautiful! The track is draining proper,berms looked great considering.

10:oo he pulls up on the boys and that whole seen is epic. The video of that spot. “You reckon? No talk,just mad thinking. After long pause,and few words, I don’t think it’s any worse?“. Drops In.

11:13 The rock line into the big kicker. I think it is Brutal,I love to watch it every time,lookin for the little difference between the lads. “Hey,how you doin boys,launches it!”

11:35 He comes around the big rock hookinright and goes into to me a very difficult double dip with air on the second one and you have clear a gap? To get any speed on this section is beyond me? I think it is an underrated part of the track,but great last stretch before the end.

I’m surprised he didn’t blow me away and click on his lights in the dark forest? Holy! I was worried the lads would not get out of his way as he is going full speed ready for lift off? But they did,and it made for an Insane moment.

Avy

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Going into those forests and being blind for a few seconds is exactly what it's like here at the big park.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Going into those forests and being blind for a few seconds is exactly what it's like here at the big park.
Insane. Lights would be so sick. Mabye just a 40 watt flood on the bar? Battery strapped to the frame?
Was he runin the Contis mud front/rear I could not tell?

Avy