Quantcast

Hardtail with a 6"

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So, I've ended up with a cheap, barely used Sherman that I would like to see on a hardtail. I'm thinking a Chameleon.

Anyone else run a 6" fork on a hardtail? What frame?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have a 5" sherman on my Specialized Hard rock right now.....commuted in with it. :D

It is a little raked out....I am just messing aroud with it and reall y like my 4" Zoke DJ3 on the same bike. Better for commuting.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
stinkyboy said:
So, I've ended up with a cheap, barely used Sherman that I would like to see on a hardtail. I'm thinking a Chameleon.

Anyone else run a 6" fork on a hardtail? What frame?
Been running a Sherman Flick+ (6") on my Soul Cycle Titan ... Love it!

I know Soul Cycle was going to be blowing out last year’s stock sometime soon... so if you're patient enough (was supposed to happen in December) you might get a really good deal.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Chameleons rock. Run it SS, don't be a vagina.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I had one of the original prototype 6" Sherman Breakouts, ran it on my Imperial for a few years. I loved it for riding in Vietnam and Lynn Woods. I rode it up at Sunday River a lot for DH too.

dave

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Slugman said:
Been running a Sherman Flick+ (6") on my Soul Cycle Titan ... Love it!

I know Soul Cycle was going to be blowing out last year’s stock sometime soon... so if you're patient enough (was supposed to happen in December) you might get a really good deal.

I second that notion. I have the same frame and fork. Soulcycles never seems to update their website but they always return email and phone calls promptly. Just call them up. I'm sure that they will hook you up with a great deal.

Here's mine:

in action:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Slugman said:
That was at the top of the climb...

Another really nice featue of the flick / titan combo is that you can lock down the travel, put the seat up, and actually ride it like an xc bike to the top of the hill.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey i use that have a banshee with a 7" fork on it and i loved the thing thuogh it was more "geared" (it was ss setup) for fr and dh but if i have like a 6" sc fork and gears the thing could have been an ok trail bike as well

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
I've got a Chameleon with an 04 Z1 FRQr20, set up proper with Diabolus components and I absolutely love the bike. I've though about getting a newer Z1 for 6" of travel but it rides so great with 5", and I don't have to use the ETA all the time for climbing - I think you would with a 6" fork. I would never go with more than 6" on a hardtail. I think that any more travel and you're not really getting a benefit from it, 'cuz it's still a HARDTAIL.