Quantcast

Haro X-7

Apr 23, 2006
Eugene Oregon
I'm entertaining the idea of buying one of these bikes, I currently ride a RM Switch but have found several X-7s for sale used for around 750.00 and new 2006 for 900.00.

Who rides them???? Also any Haro X-6 riders out there that drop/huck/launch their bikes??? Would like some info on how they ride.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
If you used to ride a RM switch I'm sure you would hate the Haro. I had a 06 x6 and it was a piece of crap. XC geometry and the rear end wasn't very stiff at all. You could feel it flex all the time. I'm not sure but I think they all have the same rear end. The works x7 however has the 150mm rear end and it might be stiffer than the one I had.

Also keep in mind Haro's funky sizes on their frames. They measure from the center of bottom bracket to the center of the top tube not the top of the seat tube. Their 19.5 is a 21.5 inch frame.

Apr 23, 2006
Eugene Oregon
If you used to ride a RM switch I'm sure you would hate the Haro. I had a 06 x6 and it was a piece of crap. XC geometry and the rear end wasn't very stiff at all. You could feel it flex all the time. I'm not sure but I think they all have the same rear end. The works x7 however has the 150mm rear end and it might be stiffer than the one I had.

Also keep in mind Haro's funky sizes on their frames. They measure from the center of bottom bracket to the center of the top tube not the top of the seat tube. Their 19.5 is a 21.5 inch frame.
I actually still ride/have the Switch. According to their specs the Ex X7 has the 150mm rear end. Interesting about the measurements because I see them advertised privatly and several state 17" which the Haro specs only say 16 18 20. I have a friend thats 6'9" and 275 he rides the 20 which is HUGE.......BUT I'm only 5'8" and I rode that bike several times down W. Pass and although it was way to big for me I went down the expert course and had fun.

I actually have 5 bikes and was wanting some reviews or was really hoping to see some pictures. And I believea X-7 was on the cover of Decline this last month.