Quantcast

have u lost wallet b4?

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
have u lost wallet then some super nice citizen called your mobile and return it to u?

it happened to me today! i got back my wallet but the cash was gone, the security of the mall called me saying someone have left a wallet at their counter.

:dead:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
THREE TIMES that has happened to me! :dead: :dead: All three times were during my younger irresponsible years. And it's not like I had nothing in wallet. Each time I had at least $100 in it, but nice people were kind enough to call me to return it. Go figure!

samich457

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Stinkin Lincoln
Yep, lost mine once. Never got it back. All I got out of it was a new Sears account with $500 charged on it and over $500 charged to my Visa. I then also had a Felony arrest warrant out for me (narcotics) cause the dumb SOB who had it spent time in jail(2 days) and skipped his hearing under my name. To make a long story short the a#%hole was caught 2 1/2 years later with all my stuff. Again passing himself off as me, but this time it didnt work.

Thats cool you got your stuff back! Even if the money was gone.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yes i was shopping for a used car too so i had $900 bucks in it, left it on top of the car when getting in. Lost in the city. Never got anything back, that one stung.

Just a few months ago i did the same thing, along with my phone, out in the outskirts of town after a bike ride. I drove with both on top of my car for a couple miles going 50 m.p.h. plus. I pulled over frantically knowing i was going to have to turn around and do a search for the wallet and a broken cel phone on the side of the country road. But when i got out of the car for a quick look on the roof they were both sittin there. The wallet leather was gripping just enough and the phone was in front of the wallet preventing it from sliding off. Haha, i guess i'm living right lately......

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
THREE TIMES that has happened to me! :dead: :dead: All three times were during my younger irresponsible years. And it's not like I had nothing in wallet. Each time I had at least $100 in it, but nice people were kind enough to call me to return it. Go figure!
:eek: u r a very lucky dude, i wish i have a luck like u today. i lost abt $100+ today :dead:

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
some lady found mine, and mailed it to me, with a piece of paper saying pay it forward. she didnt leave a number or anything. I had $180 in it, cause i just got paid, and everything was there, i was SUPER lucky.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I've got one in the bottom of a swimming hole -- formerly a granite quarry -- in New Hampshire. I figure its at least 100ft deep, so I don't worry about it. Didn't even cancel the credit cards.

May 4, 2004
a computer near you!
Originally posted by samich457
Yep, lost mine once. Never got it back. All I got out of it was a new Sears account with $500 charged on it and over $500 charged to my Visa. I then also had a Felony arrest warrant out for me (narcotics) cause the dumb SOB who had it spent time in jail(2 days) and skipped his hearing under my name. To make a long story short the a#%hole was caught 2 1/2 years later with all my stuff. Again passing himself off as me, but this time it didnt work.

Thats cool you got your stuff back! Even if the money was gone.
just like those identitey(sp?) theft comercials. :rolleyes:

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
yes, it fell out of my helmet after an urban ride at college. a woman found it and looked me up and callled me. i got it back that evening. i was soooo lucky some college student didnt see it. and i didnt even know i lost it until she called :eek:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I thought I lost my wallet once I was at my company's Christmas party and after I left I went to my house and changed out of my nice clothes and into my jeans and such and then proceded to go to my girlfriend-at-the-time's house. After being at her hosue for about 30 min. I noticed I didn't have my wallet. I ran out to my truck to see if it was there and of course it wasn't. I called my dad and told him to keep an eye out for it and to look around the house for it. About 15 min later he called me back and said he had found it in the pants I had been wearing to the party.