Quantcast

have you ever been on a bike-centric vacation?

have you ever been on a bike-centric vacation?

• Total voters

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
narlus said:
kidwoo wins for sure, until deyv or isa post here.
I think Hawai, New-Zealand, Italy, Germany, Norway for one year will probably beat anything!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Within the 5-day rule I've done a 9-10 days in Whistler the last three years (going again in Septemeber, whoohooo!), a week in Moab earlier this year and...hmmm, a week in Virginia Beach when I was 18 and riding BMX...not sure what else, but I've done literally dozens of 3 and 4 day trips in and around northern california that were all about bikes.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
20 days riding from Seattle to San Francisco (technically not vacation since I quit my job).
7 days riding off road from Grand Junction to Moab via the Kokopelli Trail (unsupported, me pulling a Bob Trailer)l.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hmmm. My life is a bike centric vacation!
I build trails for money in the summer, and take people to Peru for 9 day bike epics in the off season. And snowboard 75+ days a season. It's fun! Woo...Peru calling...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ThePriceSeliger said:
Yes, my whole next summer is going to be bike-centric. I have also had a few trips where we only rode bikes, ate, and slept.
I'm with you.

Me and my buddies are headin' to Mammoth Sat. for a week of riding, eating, sleeping, and Halo. And heckling people.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I've done to mountain bikeing trips to the Himalaya's.

June 95 I rode from Leh to Manali and the Kulu valley and down onto the plains by the river Granges, it took 27 days of riding over 980km. And in december 96 to Jan 97 I rode from the base of Mt Katchenjunga down the Sikkum ridge thru Dargeeling down to India. That one was quicker and only took 18 days of riding (I think it was about 600km or so?? ).

But Deyv and Isa take the award for the longest most hardcore bike holiday I recon. :)

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
narlus said:
yes or no (for the purposes of this poll, a vacation is defined as being in an area for 5 or more days w/ the expressed purpose of bike riding (ie, long weekends don't count).
There's another kind of vacation?:confused:

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
partsbara said:
for sure... my wife and i have had lots of said holidays... both on bikes and snowboards... that s living...
I havent had one since I discovered bikes!:love:

I cant think of anywhere I'd like to go that wouldnt involve biking, sad huh?!:rolleyes:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
partsbara said:
for sure... my wife and i have had lots of said holidays... both on bikes and snowboards... that s living...
Me too. I've done multi-day on trial hikes, beaches and snowboarding. But i always try to get a little biking in when i do those things :)