Quantcast

Have you looked at your retirment account?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I made the mistake of looking, as of yesterday I'm down 35.68% for the year :( Good thing I'm only 27. One of my coworkers said I was foolish for even looking, she said this is a period of time when you set the statements on the shelf and ignore them.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
way down. way way way down. don't care, have 35 years before I retire and I upped my contributions so I'm buying more as the price goes down.
The good news is that Japan's stock market bounced right back after their economic unpleasantness when their property bubble burst and banks got into trouble...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
My professional investment advisor put me in 100% cash back around January.

:monkeydance:
Buy that man a drink.

I checked. I was down 30%, and my response was "bargain central." I'm putting everything I can find into the market now. ****'s cheap. For a company like Yahoo, their fundamentals haven't changed a lick and they're trading at 10. MSFT offered 35 not too long ago.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm down 27%.

Thinking of cashing the rest out, buying some bikes and guns, and realizing that the future is pretty much screwed.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
my retirement account isn't phased at all. it is too small to fluctuate much anyhow but i do quiver when they lower interest rates
Thats a good point, with my account down 35% and the dollar in the toilet I'm really down around 60% :p

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Mine was down a little...but I have confidence it will bounce back. Economys are cyclical...plus I have guns and ammo, and kids to barter for food.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm so poor i have to buy groceries
i'm so poor i stopped reading
i'm so poor i might vote for obama
i'm so poor i now jaywalk
i'm so poor i don't recycle my beer cans
i'm so poor i checked out 2 fast 2 furious from the library after taking a whore's bath
i'm so poor john hodgman has given me a nickname
i'm so poor i'm using dsl
i'm so poor i use hotsauce
i'm so poor i didn't catch the spelling error in the thread title

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mine was down a little...but I have confidence it will bounce back. Economys are cyclical...plus I have guns and ammo, and kids to barter for food.
I used my liquidity to but a Glock 21 and as many boxes as I could.

Best investment I've made this year.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I used my liquidity to but a Glock 21 and as many boxes as I could.

Best investment I've made this year.
werd. about the only thing that goes up in value in these times are made of steel ;) i left everything in my IRA's but pulled out the little i had in my employer paid 401k and bought a few more rifles. keeping them in the case in the hopes of selling later which grab a return greater than my falling 401k would for sure :D

my retirement account: :D :D

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
nothing punches a hole at distance like a .30 cal.
I have a case of 7.62, guaranteed to lop a limb off at close range. When it hits the fan I doubt I'll picking people off at a distance