Quantcast

Hayes 8" adaptor

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I have a question that one of my friends asked me and I drew a blank on. He asked me why the 8" Hayes adaptor wouldn't work on a Marzocchi DJ3 with QR. To mee it looks like the adaptor for a 20mm fork would work on a QR fork. please answer this question cause now it bothers me too.:confused:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Broken_Spoke
I have a question that one of my friends asked me and I drew a blank on. He asked me why the 8" Hayes adaptor wouldn't work on a Marzocchi DJ3 with QR. To mee it looks like the adaptor for a 20mm fork would work on a QR fork. please answer this question cause now it bothers me too.:confused:
I don't think there's anything unusual about the DJs but I used to use an 8" rotor on my z1 (qr). It should work.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
The adapter from a qr fork will work on a 20mm fork if you shim it. But the adapter for a 20mm fork won't work on a regular qr fork. It's too thick.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Originally posted by Peete
The adapter from a qr fork will work on a 20mm fork if you shim it. But the adapter for a 20mm fork won't work on a regular qr fork. It's too thick.
well where can you get a qr 8"adapter and i'm also not seeing where it would be too thick

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Are you guys sure there is a difference between QR and 20mm? I thought there was only one 8" IS front adapter?

Where you may have gone askew is when you heard that you can't use 8" rotors on a Marz. QR fork b/c it generates too much force.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a difference. I have a DJ fork and used to have a Super T and a QR Marz., and I don't think there's a difference between any of them.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Buy Hope;)

Actually the adaptor is different, Hayes makes a special one that will work on a QR JrT that I would imagine would work for a DJ3, however I don't think its recommended to use a 8" rotor with a QR.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
To put an 8" Hayes on a Marzo QR fork, you need the Psylo Tullio (20mm) 8" adaptor.
:)

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Buy Hope;)

Actually the adaptor is different, Hayes makes a special one that will work on a QR JrT that I would imagine would work for a DJ3, however I don't think its recommended to use a 8" rotor with a QR.
I'd love to buy Hopes but i don'thave that much cash on hand thanks for the advice though

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by Broken_Spoke
I'd love to buy Hopes but i don'thave that much cash on hand thanks for the advice though
He's joking about the hopes...

He secretly hates them. He cries himself to sleep every night.
:)