Quantcast

Headache when working out.

zibbler

Monkey
For the past 2 weeks, whenever I work out or exert myself, I get a throbbing headache in the back, right side of my head. This seems to be vascular. I'm just wondering if it's weather related. It's been colder than usual and a lot drier than usual. Does anyone else experience this with change of weather, or could it be some thing else? I don't have insurance, so I can't go to the doctor. I'm a little woried that it could be an aneurism. :eek:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
EIH - Excercise Induced Headache.

There are 1,347,236 theories as to what causes them. Dehydtarion, high blood pressure, diet, fork stuck in your head, who knows.

I would get them when I went out on the road bike. I started taking strong vitamins high in Bs and antioxidants and mine went away.

If I remember correctly, you stopped eating meat recently? Perhaps the change in diet has something to do with it?

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood

If I remember correctly, you stopped eating meat recently? Perhaps the change in diet has something to do with it?
I still eat meat, just not as much. Mostly fish, chicken or pork, very rarely I'll have beef. I have a feeling it's weather related.... at least I hope so.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by Echo
Usually when I get a headache riding or working out it's dehydration.
You may be right. I went riding Sunday for the first time since I gashed my ankle. Needless to say I'm outta shape again. I was sucking air like a fish outta water, my heart was racing and my head was throbbing. By the time I consumed about half of my water, the headache was gone.

Nizmeister

"Manchild"
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by zibbler
You may be right. I went riding Sunday for the first time since I gashed my ankle. Needless to say I'm outta shape again. I was sucking air like a fish outta water, my heart was racing and my head was throbbing. By the time I consumed about half of my water, the headache was gone.
Sorry to repeat, but I also found that not drinking enough water gave me headaches when working out.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I find that heavy alcohol consumption while working out tends to give me headaches.:confused: :dead: :devil: :cool:

Seriously though, for two weeks now? That's a long time. I get them sometimes from working too hard I think but not for two weeks.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I hate to hound you Zibbler but have you stopped smoking? If you haven't you should and if you have - good work!!! Keep it up. :cool:

I think nicotine has a big impact in bloodflow, if you've quite cold turkey it may just take time to adjust.

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
I had a bad headache in back, right side of my head to. It went away after the alien dislodged itself from my brain.

Did you stop drinking coffee? That can give ya headaches for a few days.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I hate to hound you Zibbler but have you stopped smoking? If you haven't you should and if you have - good work!!! Keep it up. :cool:

I think nicotine has a big impact in bloodflow, if you've quite cold turkey it may just take time to adjust.

SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zibler, you know you shouldnt be smoking. if you're gonna smoke something, might as well smoke something that makes you feel goooooooooooood:cool: seriously though, i dont get headaches when i work out. i just wanted to tell you to quit smoking.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I hate to hound you Zibbler but have you stopped smoking? If
No, unfortunately I haven't. :( That was my New Years resolution, along with quitting drinking, but since my mom got seriously ill, that kinda went on the back burner. I've been real stressed out about this whole thing with my mom. I wasn't sure if she was even gonna make it. I've been taking care of her since she got out of the hospital a week and a half ago. It's been rough. My house is a disaster and my life is kaos right now. I go over to her house around 1:00 - 2:00 when her roomate goes to work, then I stay there till about 8:00 or 9:00... around the time her roomate comes home. There's just way too much stress to even attempt to quit right now. :mad:

I had a bad headache in back, right side of my head to. It went away after the alien dislodged itself from my brain.
I wish this damn alien would dislodge itself from my head too.
:p

I find that heavy alcohol consumption while working out tends to give me headaches. I get them sometimes from working too hard I think but not for two weeks.
I think it's the heavy consumption the night before that affects me. :devil: It's not a constant headache. It's only when I exert myself. It usually subsides after, or is only a dull ache.

A couple of years ago I had something similar. I had a throbbing headache on the back, left side of my head. I had insurance at the time (COBRA) as we had just started our pool business. I had CAT scan and everything. Nothing showed up. Turns out the fumes from the chlorine were causing the headaches. :devil: Don't know what the hell is causing these. :confused: