Quantcast

Headset recommendation?

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Just looking for options on a relatively cheap (around 50 or less), relatively light and relatively strong 1 1/8 headset. Two that i were looking at were the Cane Creek Tank series (seem pretty damn heavy though) or possibly the FSA Pig DH headset. Any other good options for a lightish, cheapish, goodish DH headset?

Thanks

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
This has never been discussed before. I'm certain there will be valuable new information in this thread.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I've been hearing the S3 cane creek is good for what you're looking for, in fact I'm ordering one today! Jenson has them cheap right now.

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
A friend recommended the Cane Creek S3 to me over the FSA. I ended up going for FSA The Pig (it was $50Au from For The Riders) purely because the S3 was almost twice the price (granted it has sealed bearings though).

Anyway for dirt cheap go FSA The Pig (unsealed), otherwise go for the S3, I hear they are easier to install than FSA (well my friend says he's had trouble installing and removing them a few times, I tend to believe him, it took some effort to get mine in).

chic06

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
This company named ciari makes a headset that is pretty light. check it out on dans comp. I don't have any experience with them so i can't comment on their qualityfor sure, but if its a bmx company their probly a pretty good bet.