Quantcast

Healing Vibes

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
Send your healing vibes out to Kim. He slammed a tree pretty good with his right femur today at high speed. Spun him around a full 360. Good thing it wasn't his head or knee. He's moving around but he's gonna be real sore for a while.

Heal up.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hopefully this is a story of a close call. Not like breaking any bones is good, but breaking a femur is very bad! Tissue damage can be bad too, best to see a doc, hopefully all Fuzzy has is a bad bruise.

Be careful out there.:monkey:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Thanks for the support, felling better today. I am able to hobble around. I havent gone to the doctor yet as I think it may just be sore mussle, although sometimes I get some sharp pain in the mussle and my hip is kinda sore. Not sure if the doc could do anything for me, I figured if I can walk more everyday then I should be good to ride in a week or 2.

Crash could have been way worse, I was going pretty fast and had no time to hit the breaks at all. I was gaping over some roots, got over the roots but hit a rock that I had failed to notice on the previous run. Luckly I jumped off the bike to avoid hitting the tree head on and got it in the thigh and not my knee.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Went to the doc today, no broken bones! The ligament above my knee is strained but the doc doubts I will need surgery.

Started physical therapy today to get the mussle working again, its sorta shut down right now, I cant flex it if I try. They did some ultra sound work, and also electric stimulus which I hated. It made my mussle freak out like a cramp and hurt like hell because I kicked my leg out when it happend. I guess this usally does not happen but I am scared to try it again. Gotta suck it up I guess.

I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner..., after reading my last post I feel really stupid.

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Indeed - my best to you Kim. I hope you are feeling better soon and are back in the woods in no time.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Went to the doc today, no broken bones! The ligament above my knee is strained but the doc doubts I will need surgery.

Started physical therapy today to get the mussle working again, its sorta shut down right now, I cant flex it if I try. They did some ultra sound work, and also electric stimulus which I hated. It made my mussle freak out like a cramp and hurt like hell because I kicked my leg out when it happend. I guess this usally does not happen but I am scared to try it again. Gotta suck it up I guess.

I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner..., after reading my last post I feel really stupid.
Dude all the physical therapists at Seattle Hand Therapy are all sexy womens, i've been lucky... i love it when my therapist rubs my scar, sproing!:monkeydance:

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Glad you're doing ok, Kim.

Definitely listen to your PT. I've had a deep thigh bruise from auguring into a rock on Fromme and the doc was worried about the muscle calcifying and growing weird little bone fragments. I needed to be massaged out, which hurt like a biatch. Our bodies can act strange when injured.

Hope you feel better soon - and Duthie is waiting for you!