Quantcast

Heavy bikes! Lets see your 42lbs+ race/free ride bikes

usparc2

Chimp
May 7, 2007
but every time I build it lighter..something breaks.. everything on it.. is there because it won't break.. pretty much no matter what i do..
that's much more important to me than gram counting...

sAFETY

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007

Tipped the scale at about 47lbs. Sure it was heavy, but that pic was taken after it's first ride and after 2 seasons of a 220lb man riding it hard, the only part that was different was the the rubber.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
strictly early season and rain riding. I really don't care what people think, having a fender is much better than having mud all up in your eye.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Here's mine. The only thing that I've changed is the fork to an 888. I'm not sure what it weighs, but it ain't light. I'm guessing 45 lbs.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sandwhich, is that a 24" rim on the front?
yessir, 24s back and front. I bought the bike used, and that's how it came. I got like 5 brand new SETS of 24" tires..i'll eventually go to 26s and make all the weight wienie/low rise bar/rennie width people happy.

they're strong and that's what I have...yawn.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd like to drop a few pounds on this bike but if it stayed where it was it'd be fine. As shown it's 43lbs. I've stripped it down to the bare frame and I am going to have it repainted. I've also got a Marz 888 and a set of Bonty Big Earl wheels for it.
hey, how do you like that frame? What size chainring are you running, and what kind of chainguide? I've always wanted one but I've heard you can only run MRP and 42 tooth or above...which is real tough around here.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
she's set at around 43-44 w/ my burly wheelset and right at 42 with my superD wheelset. plenty burly for my 225lb butt :thumb:

...and unfortunately, i couldn't find a bike-only pic of one of my old rigs. stinky 6 with modded rear end to get 8", dual 24" trailpimps with 3.0 gazzi's and a monster T....that thing was at least 50lbs; back in the day when bigger/burlier was better.

gotboost

Chimp
Mar 15, 2007
My Solid Mission 9, 50lbs.

[/URL][/IMG]

Brothers Nicolai Nucleon TST, 55lbs.

[/url][/IMG]

Friends Nucleon ST , SuperMonster, 63lbs, prototype FrankIndustries Nugget Brakes

[/url][/IMG]

I have no idea how a bike could weight so less!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
I still have mine and I used it maybe three times in the last 2 years being here in Victoria. I could never bring myself to selling it... I'm happy I never did since I'm moving to Van in a couple weeks.
When we had like 3-4 team bikes, I've always wanted one too. It's such a fun bike to ride --as long as you're going 5 MPH or faster -any slower it rode like a D9 tractor.

Here's my contribution: 53 lbs of raw lust.