Quantcast

Heh...I'm going to Ozzfest in a few hours

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I just want to see Slayer, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, so I'm not going till after work...the cool thing is...the show started at 9:00 a.m. so by the time I get there around 5, all those butt rockers will be nice and wasted and making asses of themselves to provide entertainment for me until I get nice and wasted and join them in the ass making!
The not-so-cool-thing is...I flipped over the bars a couple of weeks ago at Downieville and broke my hand so I cannot make the universal headbanger hand sign with the fist with just the pointer finger and pinky sticking up...:(
I suppose I could try with my left hand but it just doesn't feel natural...thats the hand that holds my beer...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
man i wanted to go soo bad but i dont hjave any funds . this years kikin ass to because its the 1st year theyre playing real metal at ozzfest no disturbed and korn.(i listen to them to but thes years gonna be so much better)
oh and

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
bhspec03 said:
man i wanted to go soo bad but i dont hjave any funds . this years kikin ass to because its the 1st year theyre playing real metal at ozzfest no disturbed and korn.(i listen to them to but thes years gonna be so much better)
oh and
I typically refuse to sit on the lawn at this particular venue...(Shoreline
Amphitheater, I can never see from the lawn and you never get your spot back if you go to the beer boof)

but anyway, when I found out that Rob Halford was gonna be with JP, the seats were sold out, so I wasn't gonna go. Then the concert promoters sent an email for a one day sale of $20 lawn tickets for this venue and another venue for all the shows, including all service fees and parking...so I was like what the hell...so it was only 20 bucks...they'll get me in 7 dollar a piece beer sales though...wwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh (thats my heavy metal scream)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
I think she flipped over her bars a couple weeks ago at downieville :p
Yep...thats what happened...It hurt like a bitch and I still had to ride another I dunno...7 miles or so out...and its really really ridiculously fun mostly downill singletrack...I was surprised and then pissed off when I saw the xray and talked to the dr. the funny thing is...next week I have an appointment for the final check on my pinky incident from last year...Its not TOO bad I think...doesn't hurt enough to take the painkillers they gave me...I'll just save those for recreational use! :thumb: But no bikes for a while :( :mumble:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i just broke my leg and i can still do the devil horns with my toes? What's wrong with you, you're getting too mellow.....

get lots of pics of interesting people please. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
Hell yeah! Last time I went to ozzfest black sabbath played...all the original dudes...they were awesome...I was impressed that a bunch of dudes that old and worn out could rock so hard...

I saw ozzy many times, but never sabbath....

hey, what ya doing sept 6th, I have 6th row center tics for LLL Cool J :D

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Be prepared to be rocked. Just saw Hatebreed, Slayer and Judas Priest on Monday, and holy crap, did Priest rock the house. Hatebreed was so-so, Slayer kicked ass, and Judas Priest was just amazing. No other words to describe it, just amazing. Played for close to 2 hours, everyone's singing along. Be forewarned, you probably won't be able to talk or hear after J.P.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:

I saw ozzy many times, but never sabbath....

hey, what ya doing sept 6th, I have 6th row center tics for LLL Cool J :D

Yeah I've seen ozzy many times and I have always been a huge fan of his...that black sabbath show was SO friggin good...I stayed through the encores rather than leaving to get out before the crowds they were that good.

If you are serious about LL I'm coming to go with you! ;)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Nate at RIT said:
Be prepared to be rocked. Just saw Hatebreed, Slayer and Judas Priest on Monday, and holy crap, did Priest rock the house. Hatebreed was so-so, Slayer kicked ass, and Judas Priest was just amazing. No other words to describe it, just amazing. Played for close to 2 hours, everyone's singing along. Be forewarned, you probably won't be able to talk or hear after J.P.

We aren't getting Hatebreed at our show. I'm really glad to hear JP was so good...I will take the arguement that Rob Halford has the best scream to my grave. I saw them on the Painkiller tour...I think it was that tour and the band came out and they were rockin hard and then rob arrives via a cage being lowered on the stage from the ceiling...another show I saw him drive a big harley out on stage...I'm really stoked to see them...

Let's have a discussion here...What song do you think Rob Halford does his BEST scream in...I'm gonna say Ram it Down...anyone care to offer up something else?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
Yeah I've seen ozzy many times and I have always been a huge fan of his...that black sabbath show was SO friggin good...I stayed through the encores rather than leaving to get out before the crowds they were that good.

If you are serious about LL I'm coming to go with you! ;)

dang....now I'm sad I missed that show (sabbath)

I joke about a lot of stuff, but not about 6th row concert ticket invites !

I truely do have two 6th row LL Cool J tics, & you're the 1st person I asked to go!! so the balls in your court :D

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Oh the Harley made an appearance at the show Monday night. It was so friggin cool the way he (Rob) came onto stage. It was an outdoor show, with the sun in our eyes. J.P. came on right as the sun was setting, and Rob just sorta appeared into this opening in the back curtain about 10 feet above the rest of the band. So to everyone out in the audience, you saw Rob dressed in pure 80s metal stud/leather outfit, framed by the sun. Awesome :evil:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
LUCKY! If only I was a few years older, my parents wont let me go to the one out here that's coming in early August. I mostly want to go for Judas Priest and Black Sabbath but oh well..... Have fun!

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
When I used to work at Sega in SF, I was able to go to Ozzfest for free because it was a Sega sponsored event that year. The lineup was so-so. I only went to see Pantera. Backstage Sega had setup a bar area with game systems hooked up and all that for the bands. Half the people that showed up from Sega just stayed in the back playing video games. I was flabbergasted. Yup, flabbergasted. It's not often that I use the word flabbergasted to describe my flabbergastery, but it's the only word that will describe what I felt.

I was like: "How can you play video games all day at work, and then come to Ozzfest, and still play video games when Pantera is on with Phil Anselmo sporting a huge scraggly beard and drunk?"

All I got were blank stares and then I heard some guy say to his friendl: "The chicks in Dead or Alive are so hot dude"

All I could say was: "That's a chick in a videogame...there's like...a bunch of real chicks outside...and they're drunk too..."

No answer..

Sabbath played that year too...that was a highlight. Lowlights: The Shoreline Amphitheater, the hot sun, and when I fell down some stairs.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dh girlie said:
Blah blah blah.....Slayer, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath.....
blah blah blha....

...I cannot make the universal headbanger hand sign with the fist with just the pointer finger and pinky sticking up...:(
I suppose I could try with my left hand but it just doesn't feel natural...thats the hand that holds my beer...
yep, that is one of the signs of a true metal head. either hand works just as well ;):D

I really wanted to see Priest but it would cost WAY too much money (wifey has to go) and I HATE those all day fests. too damm hot, parking sucks, people suck, no beer (I think they had beer this year though), parking sucks, I hate people, you get my point.

I've seen slayer more times then I can count, saw sabbath twice and don't care enough about the other bands, but priest, man.... they better come back around. :devil:

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Damn, DHG!!! You're living my life! Well, the life I wish I was living...except the broken bones. I've seen Priest twice, and Sabbath once, and I'd love to see em again for old times sake. Glad to hear the old dudes are still rockin'....as for you.. heal fast eh!! :)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Priest rules. The first concert I ever saw was Judas Priest on "Screaming for Vengeance" back in '82. I saw them again for Defenders is '84, "Turbo" in '86 and every time they toured since then including one time after Rob's departure when Ripper Owens was singing. After that, I stopped going and buying albums. I would have liked to have seen them during Ozzfest, but had my 2 year old with me that day and didn't think it quite the right environment for her. All the better that when they come again(hopefully) it won't be outside and all day long.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pnj said:
yep, that is one of the signs of a true metal head. either hand works just as well ;):D

I really wanted to see Priest but it would cost WAY too much money (wifey has to go) and I HATE those all day fests. too damm hot, parking sucks, people suck, no beer (I think they had beer this year though), parking sucks, I hate people, you get my point.

I've seen slayer more times then I can count, saw sabbath twice and don't care enough about the other bands, but priest, man.... they better come back around. :devil:
Well brother, you gotta do like I did:

• I took advantage of the one day 20 dollar lawn tickets...that included parking and all fees, best 20 bucks I ever spent, but as I metioned before, I confirmed my own suspicions that they would make up lost ticket money on me with the $7 beers;
  • I primed at my friends house with a $5 sixer and even a rip off the ole bong for old times sake;
  • I went after work since I knew the line up had the only 3 bands I gave a sh!t about back to back at the end
  • Since I got there around 6, and since all the other tools at the show were there at the beginning, there was no traffic and I was able to park reasonably close to the venue;
  • as for hating people...I hate people as much if not more than you do (I work with the public) but the crowd was hysterical...a bunch of old metal heads sportin glorious mullets, various other bad hair cuts and facial hair, as well as ridiculous too tight attire;
  • Just hearing Rob Halford scream was worth any inconvenience I may have experienced;
  • Painkiller;
  • and of course Halford riding out onto stage on a Harley for Hell Bent for Leather;

It was one of those MasterCard Priceless moments...I didn't even care that I stepped both feet into a mudpuddle and submurgerd my converse ankle deep...it was THAT fun...I'm really hoping JP comes back for an indoor show soon...Old F'ers are such good rock stars!

Something I will always fondly remember about JP is the song Painkiller almost got me evicted from an apartment! :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Priest rules. The first concert I ever saw was Judas Priest on "Screaming for Vengeance" back in '82. I saw them again for Defenders is '84, "Turbo" in '86 and every time they toured since then including one time after Rob's departure when Ripper Owens was singing. After that, I stopped going and buying albums. I would have liked to have seen them during Ozzfest, but had my 2 year old with me that day and didn't think it quite the right environment for her. All the better that when they come again(hopefully) it won't be outside and all day long.
What better time to introduce her to good music...what with all the crap coming out these days getting progressively worse, imagine what music will be like when she's 16...heaven help us...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Craw said:
When I used to work at Sega in SF, I was able to go to Ozzfest for free because it was a Sega sponsored event that year. The lineup was so-so. I only went to see Pantera. Backstage Sega had setup a bar area with game systems hooked up and all that for the bands. Half the people that showed up from Sega just stayed in the back playing video games. I was flabbergasted. Yup, flabbergasted. It's not often that I use the word flabbergasted to describe my flabbergastery, but it's the only word that will describe what I felt.

I was like: "How can you play video games all day at work, and then come to Ozzfest, and still play video games when Pantera is on with Phil Anselmo sporting a huge scraggly beard and drunk?"

All I got were blank stares and then I heard some guy say to his friendl: "The chicks in Dead or Alive are so hot dude"

All I could say was: "That's a chick in a videogame...there's like...a bunch of real chicks outside...and they're drunk too..."

No answer..

Sabbath played that year too...that was a highlight. Lowlights: The Shoreline Amphitheater, the hot sun, and when I fell down some stairs.
Thats a great story...flabbergastery! :D :thumb:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
What better time to introduce her to good music...what with all the crap coming out these days getting progressively worse, imagine what music will be like when she's 16...heaven help us...
I introduce her to good music at home all the time, but I wouldn't trust half the knuckleshufflers at a live performance to behave themselves, myself included. There are just too many attention-starved underage girls ripping off their tops and palm juggling the juicies for me to play off observing such things in front of my daughter. If she is going to be introduced to screamed expletives, it's going to be the old fashioned way- while sitting in the back seat of daddy's car in traffic. I plan on being a fairly cool parent, but I won't be one of those overly-permissive new age types more worried about being my kid's friend than a good role model. After all, if I had to sneak around behind my parents' collective back during high school in order to attend explicit concerts, smoke weed, drink booze and fornicate, why should my kids have it any easier? I finally have people that I can be a complete unhip geek in front of without fearing irreparable damage to my rep. :cool: