Quantcast

hel me design a pump track!!!

thereturnBW

Chimp
Sep 24, 2008
Well there is a vacant lot near my house and i want to build a pump track on it. it is about 125ft by 125ft. it has a steep angled dirt wall on one side for a potential dirt wall ride type thing. ill post pics this evening of the area. thanks!

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Use the natural elevation changes already present in the land. And dont be held to the standard box style track. They can get boring quick.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
not trying to sound like a kill joy, but try to get permission to build first if you already haven't. Nothing is worse than spending the amount of time building something precise like a pump track to see it get bulldozed.

Apart from that note, the best way to gain ideas is to ride other pump tracks and figure out what you like and what you don't like in one. Also, figure out your main loop or 'X' first, then you can fill in the inside with alternate, more advanced lines next.

my 2 cents

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
not trying to sound like a kill joy, but try to get permission to build first if you already haven't. Nothing is worse than spending the amount of time building something precise like a pump track to see it get bulldozed.

Apart from that note, the best way to gain ideas is to ride other pump tracks and figure out what you like and what you don't like in one. Also, figure out your main loop or 'X' first, then you can fill in the inside with alternate, more advanced lines next.

my 2 cents
cool. building there is not an issue. even if they eventually build a house there itll be ok. i know the real estate agent and i am also used to the impermanance of riding areas. i dont own a bike right now but will be building it anyway. something to do in the winter.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so the pump track is coming along. spent the last three days in the rain and snow digging and everything is starting to take shape. will try to get pics up tonight. so who wants to come ride the thing for me when it is done since i dont have a bike?