Quantcast

Hello Monkey Riders...

Nat

Chimp
Apr 16, 2006
Bend, OR
I got in a little excursion on the Deschutes River Trail today. Temps were in the mid-60's. Winter is around the corner.

Thanks for looking.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Hi Nat,

Yup, the DRT is in great shape right now and the scenery is spectacular! Gonna miss it this winter....

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Not my house alas...a clients house. I'm a Landscape mason...I throw rocks around all day...then I drive back up Mt A and ride my bike on them LOL.

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
Nice shots. Looks like some prime river trail to me and will put it on my to do list.

On the side subject I always like a nice old lace wall myself....

stone.184.4.f.650.jpg

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice shots. Looks like some prime river trail to me and will put it on my to do list.

On the side subject I always like a nice old lace wall myself....

View attachment 93139
If you like those types of walls - you should pay a visit to New England. We've got lots of them, although they are beginning to vanish as people "steal" the stones from them for home projects and whatnot.:disgust1:

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
If you like those types of walls - you should pay a visit to New England. We've got lots of them, although they are beginning to vanish as people "steal" the stones from them for home projects and whatnot.:disgust1:

We bought a wall from Monroe Maine...that is what is in the pic above I posted. The land was going to get developed and we offered...we rebuilt 80% of it here in york at the site you see there.

Most of New Englands fieldstone walls are, simply put, linear landfills. As the settlers cleared the land the stuff had to go somewhere...stacking it in lines just made sense labor-wise. As time went on, they oftem became property boundarys etc.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
That's cool RJ - I was referring more to "poachers" if you will.

Gotsta like rocks on the trails though that's for sure! :thumb:

Mark, I wasn't referring to your post, more just about how cool and glam we are...us New England Stone mason's ;)

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
That place looks great for some nice riding. Thanks for posting those pics. It's always fun to see where others play on their big wheelers.

On stone: We here in Iowa are not unfamiliar with rock piles, walls, etc. Lots of glacial erratics that work their way up to the surface yearly. I spent lots of time "rock picking" as a youth on relatives farms.