Quantcast

Helmet cam video from Sunday June 1

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
well, after our 3rd attempt we finally got the helmet cam to give us some decent footage. quality isnt too great, but for what it is its actually pretty decent. heres a little vid i put together. Enjoy! constructive criticism appreciated :thumn:
http://www.vimeo.com/1114957

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Awesome vid. I feel like an idiot for not knowing that salvation brings you back to the kicker on greenhorn. I'm definitely going to try and hit both on saturday.

Nice video.. Nice edit also.

A guy over on Bikerag.com has a h-cam and he did something to stabilize the image. I don't exactly...maybe a program. But you can research it there.
Also perhaps aim the cam up a little bit so the viewer can see mor of the trail and upcoming features in lieu of the ground at the riders tire.

Nice job. Keep up the good work. seriously....i liked it!

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
thanks guys. Cracked-thanks for telling me that. i was a little frustrated because it was so shaky, so ill take a look. and as for the angle, it's really awkward because the camera looks so high up when its just sitting there, but that was also part of the testing. now we know where to set it, so the next video should be better! also, expect different types of shots now that i have the handlebar mount and frame mount :thumb:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Nice Vid, when using a cam as a helmet cam make sure to popint it slightly up towards the sky, so when you riding and are looking down, the camera actually catches the trail and not the floor... but nice VID nonetheless!... We should so several video Runs with my Hidef came this weekend!

Last edited:

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i have enough trouble getting through the weekdays dreaming of diablo riding, thank a lot!

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
Nice Vid, when using a cam as a helmet cam make sure to popint it slightly up towards the sky, so when you riding and are looking down, the camera actually catches the trail and not the floor... but nice VID nonetheless!... We should so several video Runs with my Hidef came this weekend!
im down :thumb:. you gonna be there on Sunday? that's the only day i can make it this weekend sadly :(

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
what helmet cam are you using?

I dont know if its just me but its really "wavy"

I have Viosport and it has a steady view at all times. Was your helmet loose maybe?

C. Rider

Chimp
Sep 6, 2007
Your video makes me sick, don't get me wrong I just can't watch movment on the screen i get dizzy and your video is one of those that make me feel very bad.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
PJ, sorry man... i'm only making it up this saturday ... have a "beach" day with the wife and kids this sunday!

Next weekend, i'm bringing both my cameras every weekend!

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
sounds legit. im using a go pro helmet cam
http://www.goprocamera.com/index4.htm
ill look into the stabilizing technique. like i said, first time ever using it, so it was just a test day. once I learn more about things, i should be able to produce some quality. And Dave, the following weekend ill be good for both days, so if you're down for filming than so am i :thumb:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
for real, the video i have up on google. (with green letters) was just having the rear rider keep his head still and smooth. you should try that. (we also had a actual camera on top)
alot of it is just havign head suspension

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
i mean another technique i used for my helmet came is to strap it on the side vs on the top. I think it gives a better perspective. Here's one of my vids from last year. Yes, quality on the internet sucks but you can see the difference in how more stable it is. Be sure to have your helmet on tight! and relax your shoulders to make it as smoooooth as possible. I'm not a pro. I'm still learning too. But i've tried mounting the camera on top of my helmet too.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16357219

OH one more thing. It's waaaaaaay better to use a helmet cam on an overcast day rather than a sunny day because the contrast sucks when going through the woods on a sunny day.