Quantcast

helmet cams

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
It doesn't work (as far as I can tell and based on what I've been told) with the chest mount setup.
Check the two videos I posted, that rubber thing really does make a difference. The Massanutten video did not have the orange rubber thing inserted and the blue mountain video did. I even forgot to tighten down the straps in the blue mountain video but that orange rubber thing made a difference. You really need to jam it in there however. I had to push it in with a dull headed flat blade screwdriver.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So long as we're posting our latest goods...not sure if you guys can stand 10min of Keystone, our latest race on the MSC, but here it is:

Lots of places going from bright to dark. We traverse a lot at Keystone....

I prefer the tall mode for mtb, you see more up and down which means more trail and more rider input.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I prefer the 1080P with my Go Pro since the resolution is twice that of the 960 and 720P (these resolution only use every other pixel on the imaging sensor). With the lower resoultion and wide angle, you need to be super close to whoever is in front of you or the detail is lost.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Check the two videos I posted, that rubber thing really does make a difference. The Massanutten video did not have the orange rubber thing inserted and the blue mountain video did. I even forgot to tighten down the straps in the blue mountain video but that orange rubber thing made a difference. You really need to jam it in there however. I had to push it in with a dull headed flat blade screwdriver.
Gotcha. Don't think it's designed to be used that way, but I'm sure it does cut down on the noise a bit. I built up the attachment plate a bit with some tape to prevent the camera from moving quite so much. Even if I take the camera without the case and mounting hardware and move it around a bit, I still get clicking on the video, so it may be that something is loose internally.