Quantcast

Help a Santa Barbara monkey find some jumps

GregBik3r

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Bay Area, CA
Hey guys,

Just getting back into the biking game these days. Previous bikes have been a Chumba Zulu DH, Chumba DSS 3.5" bike, and a v10.

I just picked up a SS Yeti DJ hardtail with Marzocchi DJ2s for some dirt jumping. I ride IV/Ellwood in SB, as well as More Mesa, but I don't know of ANY other DJ's in Central Cal.

I've *heard* of jumps in Ventura, as well as some jumps off the Cuesta Grade in SLO and some by some railroad tracks in SLO. I'm looking for anything in Ventura, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, SLO, Atascadero, etc.

Send me a PM if it's not a well-known spot!

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
You'll have to drive to get to anything good. There aren't really that many good trails in the general area compared to the bay. But if you enjoy digging, I am sure you can come up with something, or someone will help you out.
My advice: Buy a DH bike if you don't have one already, and enjoy what SB already has to offer: awesome gnar trailzz.
Do you go to UCSB?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Go build at Elwood. Lots of stuff has been built/fixed there in the past 6 months, and plenty more potential. Same with more mesa. We just need to put in the effort. What kind of stuff are you looking to ride? Drops? Bmx-style doubles? MTB style hucks?