Quantcast

HELP ASAP please and thx (11:30pm monday)

Loopie

Chimp
Nov 9, 2002
kamLOOPs, BC
Day trip to Whistler tomorrow and I was just going over my bike. I've got the 06 Boxxer Team and it has only 2days of riding on so far.
But just now...standing beside the bike and pushing the fork down...it packs up within 3 strokes.
Do these forks need air-burping? And if so...is it as simple as undoing the Gate knob and removing the compression clip and then burping the cap?? and it'll go back together ok?

Thx for any facts.

Loopie

Chimp
Nov 9, 2002
kamLOOPs, BC
I found the manual. Burping = nothin'

Backed the rebound all the way, just to check...it now seems fine (other than way too bouncy ; ) Turned it all the way in and backed it out 2.5...seems fine.
The rebound adjustment is only 4 turns...so I guess it's super touchy.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
If you have more trouble, make sure that the oil in the top part of the leg which is your dampening(sp) oil didn't blow past the seals into the lower fork leg. It happens if you run you compression and gate to far tightened and take a big hit or two. For best reliability find the right spring weight and run NO compression and no gate.

Loopie

Chimp
Nov 9, 2002
kamLOOPs, BC
Thx...If I recall correctly...my initial settings were no Gate and maybe a click or 2 of compression. Yup...still set at that.

We'll see what Whistler does to it :D

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I'm sure the Whistler bike shops will be able to do a quality rebuild if need be. It's not like their inexperienced, local shops.

The shops probably see 5-10 catastrophic failures a day with all those Canucks ripping down Whistler.