Quantcast

help! brakeline holder doodads

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ok so what are the brkaeline holder doodad inserts (nice term huh) called. They are used for when brake lines dont fit through regular frame cable guides. They go in the guide and hold a cable in place, instead of ugly ass zip ties.

Help! Does BTI have them? QBP?

Zedro, SGD etc..anyone know who has these locally?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BTI has the adjustable ones, for larger size lines, Hope makes some. Just picked some up for my Army and they work great. Actually I still have an extra pair of Hopes, Jagwire, Problem slovers sitting around.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
BTI has the adjustable ones, for larger size lines, Hope makes some. Just picked some up for my Army and they work great. Actually I still have an extra pair of Hopes, Jagwire, Problem slovers sitting around.
Sweet, thanks Brian. I am gonna go on a shop rampage tomorrow and try to find about 3 dozen of these for our team bikes. I need the adjustable ones for larger lines. Any idea on price?

Also to the above poster - These are not for Goodridge lines, and I have never had any issues with them so I don't know what you are going on about.

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Sorry I got you confused with Acadian, who is having a hell of a time with his Hopes since putting goodridge lins on.

So far JensonUSA is about the only place that has the ones you are looking for.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by BlackDiamond
Sorry I got you confused with Acadian, who is having a hell of a time with his Hopes since putting goodridge lins on.

So far JensonUSA is about the only place that has the ones you are looking for.
I sincerly doubt that that problem is due to the lines. I think it is due to acadian being inept at bleeding Hopes...:D .

Bleeding brakes is no fun, and each model has a trick to get it to work right. Just takes time to get used to, I can do hayes now in about 10 mins max.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Transcend
Sweet, thanks Brian. I am gonna go on a shop rampage tomorrow and try to find about 3 dozen of these for our team bikes. I need the adjustable ones for larger lines. Any idea on price?

Also to the above poster - These are not for Goodridge lines, and I have never had any issues with them so I don't know what you are going on about.
I sell them for about $8-9 a pair.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
do it do it do it do it....

the little piece of fuel tubing keeps the zip from sliding out of the nobule. If you use the mini-zips, you wont be able to notice them from a foot or two back....

this is my best zip-tie work yet!