Quantcast

Help building my 2011 ride

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
If they last long enough for your race run and put you on the podium, who cares? ;)
I dont think tune hubs could handle a single race run on a DH course being ridden at the speed a pro racer hits.
My hubs failed 6 hours into a 24 hour XC race

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I dont think tune hubs could handle a single race run on a DH course being ridden at the speed a pro racer hits.
What exacltly failed? Protone makes a hub supposedly based on tune " pawl system". They are quite light (260g for a 270$ hub 150mm) and it would be good to know if it's possible they would fail too.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The most successful german DH racer ever uses them as long as I can remember: http://www.marcusklausmann.de

Some friends use them, also on DH wheels. There were some problems with freehubs failing that Tune replaced on warranty. Nothing too unusual though if you consider how light they are. And the aluminum freehub body gets marked by the cassette. If you want trouble free equipment stay away from them, if you want to build the lightest possible bike they are a viable option IMO.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
FINALLY!!! I haven't checked myself the weight on the frame, but I've been told with all the hardware, that means
Head cups (angleset)
Shock bolts top and bottom with shock bearings
Chainstay adjusters.

Weight 2835gr!

A teaser,... We are still waiting for some of the top of the range components.

As information, this bike will be never into production, this is just something I wanted to build from long time ago. Don't know how long should last in one piece, Fabien made almost one season in a sub 3kg frame, so should be quite fine with a 63º head angle and slower rider...

Hope to be building it soon with the special components!

Attachments

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
wow crazy weight!

I saw that barel uses your 0mm stem :D so he got another copy? ;)

I guess that weight of your bike will land on 15kg? :shocked: I thought 16kg is crazy already.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008

Attachments

Last edited:

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
i hate you.. ;)

i just sold my summum..

but im getting a new summum again- simply cos i needed a colour change ;)