Quantcast

help convince my parents!!!

bmorekirby

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004
ok, i am trying to convince my parents to let me take my little sister to redbull rampage, but they keep on saying no. help me come up with some good reasons to take her with me!

thanks,
kirby

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
This is your father... I told you no. I don't appreciate you coming here and talking about family issues.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Tell them you're thinking of starting to smoke crack and sometimes that little sister of yours is all that keeps you honest.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
maybe your parents just think its time for you to find a REAL date. the sister thing is pretty gross.

bmorekirby

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004
xbluethunderx said:
Yeah...why would you want to take your sister to Redbull Rampage?
My sister is 11. when I come home from work sometimes, she is in the basement watching killing time, reunion, jib, match 4 or no recess. she loves riding bikes, and i think this would further motivate her. yesterday she was bunny hoping over some soda cans in my drive way. so I think she would enjoy it.

bmorekirby

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
You know the story - he's ghay and his sister's hot. So he's going to use the little sis' for "bait" to attract............

Red Bull Rampage fans?!? :confused:

This gets worse by the minute............ :think:

-S.S.-

my sister is 11 years old dumba$$!! dude, you are really fvcken sick!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
bmorekirby said:
My sister is 11. when I come home from work sometimes, she is in the basement watching killing time, reunion, jib, match 4 or no recess. she loves riding bikes, and i think this would further motivate her. yesterday she was bunny hoping over some soda cans in my drive way. so I think she would enjoy it.
you're a good big brother.

like others said, convince your parents to take the whole family.

Maybe you'll get your parents riding too... help prevent dad's heart attack in 10 years... help mom keep that ass from overflowing too much.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I'm sure your sister will enjoy watching you swill beer at all the parties too.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bmorekirby said:
Well, that sounds like your reason right there. Why would your parents NOT want her to see this?

Then again, I guess they don't want her jumping off cliffs, but still, she's doing something a lot of girls, esp. at 11, would never think of. Your parents should encourage her to ride, IMHO...

I think making it a full-family outing sounds good in theory, but might not pan out too well, depending on your family. Try this...go as a family, send Mom and Dad into Zion Nat'l Park while you watch RBR, and meet up for dinner in Springdale/Rockville...

Take your sis on some rides while you're out there, too...Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek are fun for everyone, and LOTS of fun at that.

MD

MD

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
How old are you and how far do you live from the Rampage? If you are 15 and plan on hitch hiking from Florida, than I side with your parents. If you are say like 18 and responsible, than I think your parents should suck it up and let her go. I think it would be a great bro/sis trip. I am 110% for getting as many girls involved with DHing. Its just cool to see chicks rippin it, or to see the girls who will one day be rippin it.
Your parents should be raising your sis like she's Austrailian: She'll be crazy fast before she's old enough to have a fear of crashing. Thats what I want to do with the kids that I hope to have some day.
My parents started letting my bre and I travel to races alone when I was ~16 and he was ~12. I took a lot for them to let us go, but I think that they realized that we had never violated their trust, and that if they did not trust us, we would not trust them.

bmorekirby

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Ok. I take the ghey and hot comments back. You're a retard for wanting take an 11-year old to the R.B.R. :nuts:

-S.S.-
you know, if you ever are in maryland, let me know, we can go riding some time.

J

JRB

OK - here goes the convincing.

Please let blesskirby go to RBR. There are lots of nice guys there that will take good care of her. Don't worry about these pros giving her Red Bull and such. They are more into weed and X. You also won't have to worry about what she will do when she dates at fifteen. That will be taken care of by these nice fellas. As I see it, this could solve all of your problems. Please let bmore take bless to RBR. Thanks.

*this is my lame ass attempt at funny so don't take it seriously. It is all made up schit.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
ummm, i think he's mistakenly referring to the red bull 'bike battle' this weekend in baltimore as the 'rampage'.

man, 'bike battle' is such a silly name for a contest... i guess 'rampage' isn't much better :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
corey_dcstreet said:
ummm, i think he's mistakenly referring to the red bull 'bike battle' this weekend in baltimore as the 'rampage'.

man, 'bike battle' is such a silly name for a contest... i guess 'rampage' isn't much better :p
This actually would change everything..................

The Rampage is held in Hurricane, Utah. Where there is a *real* possibility of an 11-year old girl being taken against her will as the wife of some old dude. :D

The "Bike Battle" is probably a silly bit of harmless fun......

-S.S.-