Quantcast

HELP design me a pump track

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
im moving from downtown toronto, to good old collingwood.
i wasnt so stoked about moving away, but im moving into a house that has a big backyard so i asked the rents and there giving me some space in the back to build a sizable pump track.

so im looking for TONS of imput in all aspects of the planning, building, materials, maintance, and the ride of course.

the backyard is 270ft deep by 70ft wide.
im getting the back 100-170 feet of the depth and all of the width. there are no fences this far back so its not a dangerous area or anything, flat and level all the way back.

im thinking i will import some dirt but also dig the place up a little,

my first idea was have a pump track in the middle then a 3 pack of
jumps with a kicker and dirt mound going down one side.

give me your ideas in paint or just talk about them but be specific with dimensions ect

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I say you build:

-A decent sized pump track w/ lots of transfers and berms.
-A set of dubs in there somewhere
-And a mini ramp.

For all your pump track needs: -www.leelikesbikes.com

Also, Mr Tiles posted some pics for a bit of inspiration in the DJ forum, so you may want to check there. At the bottom of this page are some "Similar Threads" that you may want to check.

One thing on design is that you DON'T want the roller to be super tall and sharp. IMO flat and low is better than high and steep. That way you work for the pump, you don't just hold on.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I'd have to say build as many real dirt jumps that you can, and make a simple, high speed, wide-open pump track in the extra space. Pump tracks are cool, but dirt jumps are cooler, harder, and less limiting.

A tight BMX-style rythm builds way more pump than any MTBer-built pump track. I'm talking no flat bottom, and super steep and deep. For extra thrills add a roller before the first jump.

Be sure to rally up a big crew in your neighborhood. Nothing sucks more than having no digging partners or riding buds.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Here, I just designed this for you. The outside loop is mellower and roll-able. The inner loop is all dirt jumps. People can warm up on the outside loop by jumping straight over the berm. Once good enough, you can pump out of the berm and start doubling the steep dirt jumps. This is how I'd build one if I had the property. Tim

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I like the design from the twisted mind!
I've been wanting to build a pump track of DJ's
something like that shown with a start up line
that transfers into a dj loop, just keep on hit
jumps til you wreck

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
That is a great design by Twisted but may be a little big in my opinion. Going to have to be fairly big to get that inside berm from being so tight. I kinda wanted to build something sorta within the same design but just didn't have enough room.

Last edited:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
was it a ground level tramp?

any pics after its worn in?

all the dirt jumps i make drain

where i can ride them a couple of

hours after it rains.