Quantcast

Help for a V10 !

CMRider

Chimp
Sep 25, 2008
Hi guys,
I'm now riding a sunday and I want to buy a 2009 V10 frameset this winter. I just don't know which size to order.The wheelbase on paper seems a bit short for the med compared to my med sunday.I'm 6 feets tall with pretty long arms and legs and on santa cruz site I'm right between a large and a medium frame. I've never had the chance to ride one. So if you could give me some tips it would be very nice.
thanks

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
I'm 6 feet and have a similar build. I have a large frame and its working great. I have thought about a medium but have no complaints about the large at all. I'm a bit of a plow rider, so take that for what you will.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
At your size you'll probably be ok either way. I'm 6'1" with long arms and I love my large. The mediums feel small in the top tube to me. If you ride a lot of tight and twisty stuff or prefer a bike that's easier to throw around, you might prefer a medium, but otherwise I'd lean towards a large. Sounds like you've got some time before you order though, so I'd definitely try to get a ride on one or the other if you can.

Nov 4, 2007
Bay Area
I'm also 6'1 and got the large (partly based on og's recommendation) and I love it. The bike fits me very well and I think strikes a good balance between stable and flickable.

bullitman

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Get a large,I was the same way when I bought my Superlight.I rode both and the sm. felt better to me(I rode a sm./med. ) @ the same time when i was @ the bike shop the sm. felt as it fit me better @ that time .But after a few rides the sm. was very uncomfortable.A buddy of mine had just bought a med. and went out of town and told me to ride his if I wanted 2.I was bike sitting for him also,He had the same set-up except he had 120mm fr.shock where I had the 100mm shk. And after I rode his bike that wknd. I wish I would have bought the med.I was on the bubble between sm/med. and his bike felt alot more comfy/and agile to me than my sm.I think if your on the high/low range of a certain model go with the bigger one you won't be sorry you did. Just my1/2 cent worth.:biggrin: ANd I'm in between alot of frame sets and everytime i go with the larger of the 2 it works out better for me..

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I'm 6'1" and ride a large '08 V10. You will fit on either size. The medium will corner better, the large will handle rock gardens and steeps better. I feel like the large corners pretty well and like being able to handle any gnarliness I blindly come upon with ease.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Medium Sunday = Large V-10.

My buddy had a small V-10, and upgraded to a Large VP-Free and he's so much faster now.

+10 points for having the properly sized bike.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm 6'1" and ride a large '08 V10. You will fit on either size. The medium will corner better, the large will handle rock gardens and steeps better. I feel like the large corners pretty well and like being able to handle any gnarliness I blindly come upon with ease.
My friend and I are both around 6' - 6'1". I have a medium v10 and he has the large. We swapped bikes for a few runs last weekend and I noticed the same thing. The medium corners better and handles tight stuff, and is more easy to flick around; while the large is more stable in the real rough stuff and high speed open sections. Not that either one was bad, I guess it depends on where you ride and your riding style. We both felt equally comfortable on both bikes, just noticed the riding differences between the two.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
6' with long arms and I prefer the Large. In fact, I can hardly ride a medium around a parking lot. It's almost 2" shorter.

Antoehr guy on our team is about 5'10". He had a medium 2005 and currently rides a medium 2008. He is planning to switch out to a Large for next year.