Quantcast

HELP!!! frame size session 88 2011?????

Gaga

Chimp
Oct 14, 2010
Hello! Please help i dont know what size of a trek sessin 88 2011 frame need me!!?? Im 1m82cm height (5.97") M or L ???????

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
medium. You're very much a clear case of "medium" unless you like particularly large or small frames. You're pretty much what the medium was designed for.

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
I am 178cm tall and have ridden both, the large just seemed a little too hard to through around, the large seemed fine until I actually rode the medium though, but from riding the both back to back I would suggest the medium

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
Large all the way!

Unless you ride slower, tight, not steep trails the large is a beneficial size at your height. It allows more stability as well as better cornering due to more even weight distribution.

I am 5' 10" (5.83 feet/1.78 meters) tall and rode a 2010 Large all season long. The 2011 maintains the same reach and stack but offers a slightly slacker head angle (which I wanted) a slightly lower BB (which some may want) and a much lower seat tube and top tube (which I definitely wanted).

Here's a link to a video of me riding it in Whistler. You can see the fit is spot on in the vid.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Evan

Last edited:

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
as Evan said Long all the way!
i am 176 cm tall and rode Long Evil Revolt. better stabillity at speed and the position on the bike is centered.

dw84

Chimp
Jul 3, 2010
I am just looking at the 2010 88 in the large I am 6ft but only a light weight at 62kg, what weight spring do you guys think I should be running?
Cheers!

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
RIDGIDHACK please elaborate on how a medium with a shorter wheelbase and shorter reach would be better for wide open fast trails for someone who is taller than me? There is no substance to this point.

I don't know why most people on here think someone over 5' 10" should be riding a medium and frankly I don't care.

I GUARANTEE I know A LOT more about proper bike fit for DH than most everyone on this forum. Don't even try to get in a debate with me. It is pointless and you will lose.

Simple as that.

Go ride your bike.

dicey

Chimp
Hello! Please help i dont know what size of a trek sessin 88 2011 frame need me!!?? Im 1m82cm height (5.97") M or L ???????
Without riding that frame before and unless it runs really small, medium all the way. The 88 is a dh rig, not a freeride bike, you want to be able to throw around and stay over the it, most likely the cockpit would stretch you out to far giving you a, "trying to catch up feeling". Ride the bike not the other way around. I'm 6"2 and after riding my first dh rig in a large, I ride only in a medium. Most my fellow racers that are about my size and even some taller riders use a medium. It's all about wheel base.:thumb:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
RIDGIDHACK please elaborate on how a medium with a shorter wheelbase and shorter reach would be better for wide open fast trails for someone who is taller than me? There is no substance to this point.

I don't know why most people on here think someone over 5' 10" should be riding a medium and frankly I don't care.

I GUARANTEE I know A LOT more about proper bike fit for DH than most everyone on this forum. Don't even try to get in a debate with me. It is pointless and you will lose.

Simple as that.

Go ride your bike.
God your E-penis must be HUGE!

I'm 6'-6'1 and ride a medium. Of course, it has a 48" wheelbase. But it's still a medium. Most bikes are shorter than advertised (or just short in general) so I just about always try to ride a large and want them to be even longer since they tend to max out at about 47". For once I've got an absolutely perfect fitting bike. But it's a medium!! "Shoving feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken" just like calling a frame a "large" doesn't actually mean it's that big. Usually, it isn't.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Simple as that.

Go ride your bike.
So everyone's mediums are the same, are they?