Quantcast

Help Get Brendon to Worlds.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Colorado's own Brendon Newton has qualified for one of the elite world's team spots. However, with the burden of his 1st semester of college apon him and no title sponsor to pay for the trip to europe we need to give the kid some help.

Somebody needs to setup a banquet dinner, bar-b-que, raffle, SOMETHING.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
neversummersnow said:
Colorado's own Brendon Newton has qualified for one of the elite world's team spots. However, with the burden of his 1st semester of college apon him and no title sponsor to pay for the trip to europe we need to give the kid some help.

Somebody needs to setup a banquet dinner, bar-b-que, raffle, SOMETHING.
Brendon, drop me an email. I am scheduling up my flights this evening and if you want to travel with me then you are more than welcome Josh

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
So I'm going to be working on getting together a raffle tomorrow. Who would be in and what would people be willing to pay if I were to get some decent items like frames, brakes etc.?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Congrats first off Brendon. I'd be more than happy to try and help out as much as possible. For a raffle, I'd probably be willing to chip in a good $20-40. Probably not a huge amount in the overall picture but I hope it helps. :)

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
As for a raffle, that may be tough. I guess by Colorado law I have to have a raffle license in order to run one. So if i were to do it, tickets would be free and I would have to take a donation or whatnot. Who would be interested?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
DHblur said:
As for a raffle, that may be tough. I guess by Colorado law I have to have a raffle license in order to run one. So if i were to do it, tickets would be free and I would have to take a donation or whatnot. Who would be interested?
I'd be interested. Seems like free tickets with a recommended/required donation of a certain amount would be the best way to do it.