Quantcast

Help identifying unknown rear hub

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC

It's obviously some kind of OEM rear hub. 150mm spacing. It came laced to a WTB SpeedDisc DH rim if it's of any help. As you can see, the circular spring that causes the pawls to return has broken. I'd like to try and get a replacement and be able to lace this up as a spare wheel if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated!

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Yeah, I used to work for a company which used formula-made freehub bodies. It's a pretty standard design, and a similar spring from a number of hubs should work. See what your LBS has kicking around.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Quite possibly. That was my suspicion as well.

What are my chances of getting them to ship me a couple of pawl springs from Taiwan if I contact them via http://www.formulahubs.com?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Anyone know the Canadian distributor off hand?
Distributer for what Formula or Mavic? Mavic is Outdoor Gear Canada and I seen the Formula hubs stocked in the Lambert catalog.

Also theres quite a few companys that use pawl springs like that.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
I had the same thing happen to me with one of those. Went to LBS and used a spring from a clapped out shimano. Worked great. Works even better if you use two or three springs, engagement seemed better and there is plenty of room to get the springs in there. Hope this helps!!!

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I had the same thing happen to me with one of those. Went to LBS and used a spring from a clapped out shimano. Worked great. Works even better if you use two or three springs, engagement seemed better and there is plenty of room to get the springs in there. Hope this helps!!!
You sir, are the friggin' MAN! Time to jerry-rig something up.

[Dons overalls and welding mask. Heads into workshop, closing reinforced steel door behind him...]