Quantcast

help me choose my wheels.....

what wheels should I get?

• Total voters

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I love the model names. Not hard to figure out what the target market is.

That said, I picked the Compass, which appears to be the popular choice. What a bunch of anti-patriotic bastards we are.

Nice truck. Enjoy. I know I'd want to shuttle with you over my bud with the '86 Tercel hatch...

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
dodge has the cummins. sure their trans may not be the best but it sure beats a power suck. (yes i know ford now offers the cummins as an option) only nice thing bout ford is you can get an international engine in them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dodge has the cummins. sure their trans may not be the best but it sure beats a power suck. (yes i know ford now offers the cummins as an option) only nice thing bout ford is you can get an international engine in them.
having a good engine doesn't mean sh*t if you're putting in a crappy chassis with crappy components.

its like peter north being stuck in nebraska going hogging every night. total waste.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Liberty
magnum
freedom
constitution
Justice
...HOLES? WTF?

I say you go with holes. You can never go wrong with holes. Most of the time. 90% of the time you can never go wrong with holes most of the time.

Seriously, with those truck wheel names I was waiting for Union, constitution, liberty, awesome, baby jesus, sarah palin custom "you betcha" edition

they should come with a free nascar hat.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
well I finally had to bite the bullet and go with a custom made set of milled Alcoa blanks in order to fit my truck since nobody made them right.

in order to go with out spacers and the correct inner wheels I had to drop 500 a piece on wheels and 462 a piece for tires. I was told I will be able to get more than 100k out of a set of closed shoulder traction tires and not have to rotate but three times.

Les schwab says they will in on the truck by tomorrow so I will post some pics when they get installed.

supposed to look pretty good, I am hoping so since I bought them custom made without knowing what they will look like.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What size did you go with? I know the semi wheels with spacers look awesome. A buddy of mine did that with his Dodge 3500.

<edit> Like this, minus the nasty ass graphics.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I went 19.5 8 on 200's , spacers will destroy things if you actually haul anything, otherwie they are fine for pavement princesses.

I was going to go 22.5 but they were over a grand a wheel
He hauls a huge ass horse trailer without issue. But I think he has only had the setup a year, I will ask how it's holding up next time I head north.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the three guys I know who ran spacers had to have the whole rear end replaced when hauling goosenecks for less than 40k miles. not under warranty either when you add spacers
Could be. Not sure if Joe's brother has actual spacers, or if it's more of just an adapter to the semi lug pattern. Good to know, though.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I am pretty sure it was spacers or adapters since I had to have mine custom made since nobody makes the correct bolt hole pattern. apparently I am going to be featured in a couple magazines with the new set up for market soon

and yes, I am running a 100 % duty cycle compressor with a 30 gal tank and also running nathan klh5 airchimes